U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 PM

20,785 posts, read 26,071,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
She sounds benign and friendly, maybe this is her way of saying hello?

Have you tried communicating with her?
I don't agree with this idea. It does sound as though she is just passing through during her transition. Let her transition, and do not attempt contact now.

I am not sure that I would welcome an entity touching me. Or my alarm clock. And fooling around with an electric heater is potentially dangerous.

All events are typical of spirit contact and a possible haunting - manipulation of mechanical and electrical devices, light touching and stroking are classic.

If the OP would rather not have this woman's spirit as a constant companion, I would refrain from attempting contact. And please, DO NOT use the Ouija board.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 AM

8,996 posts, read 10,163,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
I just learned that the woman who I bought the house from 13 years ago passed away in December. This would coincide with when the strange things started happening.

If it's possible for the previous homeowner's spirit to come back to the house, maybe that is what's going on.
But...then why hasn't this kind of thing ever happened in any of the past Decembers? Why finally now?

Anything else happen lately?

Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 AM

20,785 posts, read 26,071,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
But...then why hasn't this kind of thing ever happened in any of the past Decembers? Why finally now?

Anything else happen lately?
I think she means that the former owner passed this December.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 AM

3,184 posts, read 6,295,714 times
I saw an electric space heater glow once and I was sure it was not turned on..Very scary

Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 AM

4,519 posts, read 4,011,159 times
OK, take this with a pinch of salt...

[belief]
If, as we have been told by some, that the earth is going through a period of energetic change, then it makes sense that the conditions are now more favourable for other beings to come and have an impact on our environment.

There are lots of beliefs about this December 2012, ranging from end-of-world scenarios to a galactic alignment with the centre of the universe but all seem to have the same general theme that there will be changes (energetic and physical) to our normal way of life.

If these people are correct in anything, we should see more of this kind of thing happening and we will have to get used to sharing our environment with other beings of other worlds. Maybe it will prompt science to start investigating things of an energetic nature more?
[/belief]

Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,233,515 times
I too have had situations where I am certain that I set my alarm, looked right at it set and then would wake up 45 minutes after it was set to go off with no recollection of it going off, or turning it off. Finally one day, I tell me wife about this, and she informed me that on occasion, my alarm would go off, and I would just sleep right through it, until it just finally stops beeping. Not saying that's the case for you, but apparantly it is for me.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:32 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,681,617 times
A few strange happenings inside my new home, which I purchased back in July, include lights which turn off and on, my girlfriend's hair was tugged on, the gas on our stove has inexplicably turned on in the middle of the night a handful of times now waking me up with the odor, a door handle that often jiggles somewhat violently, and you can almost feel the presence of a large person standing on our hardwood floors - you can actually hear the footsteps and the floor boards creaking from the weight of whatever is standing there.

I can deal with everything except the gas on the stove being turned on, so I think I'll switch to electric.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM

13,605 posts, read 11,272,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
A few strange happenings inside my new home, which I purchased back in July, include lights which turn off and on, my girlfriend's hair was tugged on, the gas on our stove has inexplicably turned on in the middle of the night a handful of times now waking me up with the odor, a door handle that often jiggles somewhat violently, and you can almost feel the presence of a large person standing on our hardwood floors - you can actually hear the footsteps and the floor boards creaking from the weight of whatever is standing there.

I can deal with everything except the gas on the stove being turned on, so I think I'll switch to electric.
You think your ghost is scary, wait until you try cooking with an electric stove. Ugh.

The violent jiggling of a door handle would freak me out big time. The for sale sign would have hit my property the first day after that happened. And, I would have had to purchase a new pair of underpants.

I've encountered what I perceive to be poltergeist type activity before, but nothing particularly scary or dangerous like what you've described. More like a little kid trying to get your attention.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,681,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You think your ghost is scary, wait until you try cooking with an electric stove. Ugh.

The violent jiggling of a door handle would freak me out big time. The for sale sign would have hit my property the first day after that happened. And, I would have had to purchase a new pair of underpants.

I've encountered what I perceive to be poltergeist type activity before, but nothing particularly scary or dangerous like what you've described. More like a little kid trying to get your attention.
Oddly enough, I'm just numb to it. Other than the gas on the stove, nothing seems malicious, just annoying and certainly not scary in any way.

I didn't believe in all this before I moved into this home. There comes a point where logically explaining these events just isn't making sense.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM

4,519 posts, read 4,011,159 times
Some random Guy, I think that the 'veil' between somewhere else and here must be very thin where you live to get all that. I admire you for being able to handle it all actually.

Have you tried talking to them out loud, 'cos it might change something.

How do you explain it to yourself after not believing it for so long?

I guess you are sure you are not sleep walking and cooking something yummy? :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal