U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:11 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,685,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Some random Guy, I think that the 'veil' between somewhere else and here must be very thin where you live to get all that. I admire you for being able to handle it all actually.

Have you tried talking to them out loud, 'cos it might change something.

How do you explain it to yourself after not believing it for so long?

I guess you are sure you are not sleep walking and cooking something yummy? :-)
Ha, maybe we have a carbon monoxide leak? jk.

No, the gas on the stove has turned on while it was late, but I was still awake in the living room. And it wasn't so much that I didn't believe in this sort of thing before, as it was I've just never experienced it.

There are just things you can't explain, such as the gas nobs on the stove. No kids in the home, there is no mechanism associated with the gas knobs that could influence its on/off positions, nor is there any sort of pressure that could cause it to move. When it turns on, I smell it almost immediately. And it just doesn't turn on, it goes full high.

As far as the walking on floors, you just know the sound of your floors. You can hear the footsteps, then they stop about in a place where you heard the footsteps, then it's almost as if someone is standing there shifting their weight from one foot to the other. Whatever it is, there is a lot of pressure on those particular floorboards at that moment in time, and I installed these floors, there is no way to cause that without significant weight (male body type weight).

The door handle that jiggles is the front door, and at first, I thought some kids were screwing with me on the front porch. After about a month or so of trying to catch the sneaky little punks, I came to the realization that there were none. No vibrations from the home, it's a solid door and the locking mechanism in the handle is tight, so it would take a deliberate shake of the handle for this to happen.

The lights in the home I can try and pass off as I did some of my own electrical work

Either way, I'm comfortable in this home and I'm not going anywhere!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM

8,279 posts, read 23,351,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
For about the past month I've had several possibily paranormal incidents at my house.

I set my alarm clock each night and double check that it is set before I go to sleep. Twice in December I woke up 30 minutes late to find the button turned off.

I was sleeping and it felt like my foot was being touched. Then a few days later, felt like my back was being rubbed. I am not quite sure if these are part of dreams I am having or it's a spirit doing it.

The most recent incident was early Thursday morning at 2:45. I have an older model space heater near my bed. It has a dial to turn it on. I woke up and then saw the heater go on by itself. There is no way for this heater to go on without me turning the dial, plus the dial was in the off position. The heater does not automatically turn on and off.

I have lived in this house for 12 1/2 years and have never experienced these occurrences before. If it is paranormal, why would this stuff start all of the sudden?
There is hardly any concern for ghosts here. I have slept through my alarm on more than occaision, or turned it off without realizing it...until I moved it to the other side of the room and had to physically get out of bed to turn it off.

You were SLEEPING and "felt" someone touch you, twice, and you are unsure if it was part of a dream? You answered your own question...you were sleeping. What sense would it make for a ghost to touch you while you were asleep?

And an old heater. Key word, old. I am surprised the posters who took these benign "clues" into the your house is haunted zone.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:33 AM

14,323 posts, read 20,469,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
There is hardly any concern for ghosts here. I have slept through my alarm on more than occaision, or turned it off without realizing it...until I moved it to the other side of the room and had to physically get out of bed to turn it off.

You were SLEEPING and "felt" someone touch you, twice, and you are unsure if it was part of a dream? You answered your own question...you were sleeping. What sense would it make for a ghost to touch you while you were asleep?

And an old heater. Key word, old. I am surprised the posters who took these benign "clues" into the your house is haunted zone.
The voice of reason. Thanks. Excellent post.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:22 AM

69 posts, read 83,104 times
Default Anything is Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OK, take this with a pinch of salt...

[belief]
If, as we have been told by some, that the earth is going through a period of energetic change, then it makes sense that the conditions are now more favourable for other beings to come and have an impact on our environment.

There are lots of beliefs about this December 2012, ranging from end-of-world scenarios to a galactic alignment with the centre of the universe but all seem to have the same general theme that there will be changes (energetic and physical) to our normal way of life.

If these people are correct in anything, we should see more of this kind of thing happening and we will have to get used to sharing our environment with other beings of other worlds. Maybe it will prompt science to start investigating things of an energetic nature more?
[/belief]
As a paranormal investigator we do believe the theory that a change in environment and possibly other phenomena is causing a vortex to open up allowing more spiritual energy through. I have had a couple of encounters where I have seen an apparition in plain sight.

Occasionally you will hear I saw it at the corner of my eye or a quick shadow passing through. Maybe these interactive sighting are not just random anymore maybe they actually want to be seen and talked to.

We have caught some Class A evps which are usually quite rare but for some reason someone wants to communicate with us. Some our mediums have been dead on (no pun intended) accurate when describing things only a few people know about the former tenants going back decades.

One of the downsides of being an investigator is feeling this spiritual energies depression, anger, or confusion not knowing they passed on. It is especially hard when it is a child or suicide case and the family wants closure. Once in awhile we encounter something that has not walked this earth as a living soul but is sinister and demonic in nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal