Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 05:13 PM

73 posts, read 109,117 times

Advertisements

If I use choline alone, but practice natural techniques to induce lucid dreaming, will that be better than just merely doing reality checks, etc. with no choline at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 03:12 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thzodiac View Post
If I use choline alone, but practice natural techniques to induce lucid dreaming, will that be better than just merely doing reality checks, etc. with no choline at all
Maybe, but you need to keep in mind that supplements will not effect everyone in the same manner. Personalized medicine is gaining popularity for a reason.

I have tried Galantamine, but it kept my mind so active that I had serious trouble falling asleep.

The Dream Herb & Other Lucid Dreaming Supplements | dream studies portal

I have had the best luck using the Nova Dream Mask. The Nova Dream2 has not come out yet, and I am not sure that it ever will. I have the old Nova Dreamer and it works great at helping me to recognize when I am in REM sleep, this helps me to achieve Lucid Dreams. Keep in mind these masks WILL NOT make you have Lucid Dreams they only assist in getting you there.

http://dreamstudies.org/2014/02/05/l...-tech-devices/

Last edited by Matadora; 04-17-2015 at 04:21 PM..

Old 04-18-2015, 05:22 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Or, if you're brave, you could try Omega-3 fish oil supplements. I can't take more than 2400 mg because they give me nightmares that seem to extend into my waking life, and the horror is very keen. I only take 1400 mg because of that side effect.

Here's a lucid dreaming link:
Does Fish Oil Induce Lucid Dreams?

Here are some studies and "true stories" about nightmares it can cause:
https://www.google.com/#q=Omega+3+fi...ses+nightmares

Old 04-18-2015, 10:35 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Galantamine is a drug used in treating dementia which to me suggests it's nothing to play around with, particularly on reading the potential side effects and contraindications:

Galantamine Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com

Old 04-18-2015, 02:48 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Valerian root and melatonin aid in vivid dreaming.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:05 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Galantamine is a drug used in treating dementia which to me suggests it's nothing to play around with, particularly on reading the potential side effects and contraindications:

You will have to fully understand the Pharmacokinetics of Galantamine to jump to this conclusion.

Galantamine is grandfathered under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 and is a natural substance that has been in use for thousands of years all over the planet.

Galantamine is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It works by increasing the amount of acetylcholine in the brain, which may help reduce symptoms of dementia in patients with Alzheimer disease. It has NOT BEEN PROVEN, but only is hypothesized that this action might relieve some of the symptoms of Alzheimer's. Next you need to understand the MOA of this natural supplement in Alzheimer's patients.

It is basically a Nootropic (mind/memory enhancer).

It is also used for inducing Lucid Dreams:

http://www.bluesilk.com.au/lucidmind...cid-Dreams.pdf

Any over the counter natural supplement should of course be taken with caution.

Lastly don't believe the hype: Review of Galantamine: the Lucid Dreaming Pill | dream studies portal

Do your research, but you need to also understand the Pharmacokinetics to fully understand it's MOA.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:43 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Galantamine is grandfathered under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 and is a natural substance that has been in use for thousands of years all over the planet.
I've had atrial fibrillation for 15 years, and with the potential side effects listed, wouldn't touch this stuff. As you say, anyone who's on meds or has a medical condition needs to be careful with over the counter stuff. For example, I can't use fish oil because I'm on coumadin. However, the notion of a substance that might induce or enhance lucid dreaming is fascinating.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:47 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post

I can't claim to know much about it but one thing I have learned over the last couple of years is that there seems to be a connection between dreams and memories and anything that causes you to dream more will help your memory. I take choline every day, for other reasons, and haven't had a lucid dream yet during this time, but maybe it's b/c I'm not doing the other stuff I need to to have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal