U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 AM

11,588 posts, read 14,625,932 times

Advertisements

Saw some good responses to dreams on here and now need one of my own to present.

Had a dream I was abducted by a group of men who took me to an industrial type complex and white I cannot recall every detail forced me to play games of skill, like balancing objects etc, If I failed horrible things happened. I recall them unleashing sharks and carnivorous fish on a holiday resort pool that attacked dozens of people and another they had machine gun turrets that opened fire on people in a park. Last thing I recall was escaping the complex and feeling shocked and confused.

A few people in my life have been sick, in other distress or undergoing life shifts and I have been doing my best to help them. I am not sure if there is a connection. One person told me they think someone is wishing me harm. Any insight?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM

504 posts, read 673,900 times
Sounds like a stress dream to me. I tend to have nightmares when I am stressed out. Do you have a lot of people depending on you right now? Or do you have one person that is dependent on you? Are you afraid you may fail them? Hope you can work it out!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:55 PM

11,588 posts, read 14,625,932 times
Well, I am certainly concerned about them and hate being in a position where AI may not be able to do anything. I lean more towards it being anxiety or stress like you presented. Well said op and thanks for the post.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 PM

5,209 posts, read 9,704,445 times
It's probably stress. But that dream might make a good movie, too...

Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 PM

13,960 posts, read 12,135,688 times
Sounds like a Saw sequel to me!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM

13,605 posts, read 11,302,656 times
Water dreams (such as the sharks and fish in the pool ) tend to represent the subconscious. I have them from time to time. It sounds to me like you are feeling a tremendous amount of responsibility and are afraid you will not live up to those responsibilities. I doubt if anyone is wishing you harm. Why would they? You seem like a nice person.

I also agree that it sounds like a stress dream.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 PM

6,441 posts, read 4,706,895 times
Reads like a stress dream to me.

Dreamhawk shows:
shark: Fear of death; fear of the collective unconscious, or loss of self in the impersonal Whole or All; the power of the unconscious – so its protectiveness; someone who is a ‘shark’ or unscrupulous

There's more on fish: Fish | Dream Dictionary | dreamhawk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Saw some good responses to dreams on here and now need one of my own to present.

Had a dream I was abducted by a group of men who took me to an industrial type complex and white I cannot recall every detail forced me to play games of skill, like balancing objects etc, If I failed horrible things happened. I recall them unleashing sharks and carnivorous fish on a holiday resort pool that attacked dozens of people and another they had machine gun turrets that opened fire on people in a park. Last thing I recall was escaping the complex and feeling shocked and confused.

A few people in my life have been sick, in other distress or undergoing life shifts and I have been doing my best to help them. I am not sure if there is a connection. One person told me they think someone is wishing me harm. Any insight?

Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,749,896 times
I'm gonna be the odd ball. While many situations can be stressful, I don't see this dream's focus as stress, more like frustration and feeling helpless.
I would guess that it has to do with work, or perhaps the government. The abduction is you being forced into something, you had no choice in the matter, the complex representing work or government/institution. The bad things that happened if you failed is expressive of stress, but without more details, I don't hold to that, it could easily be something else related to actual skills you posses and your own critical attitude towards these skills and talents. Are you pretty self-critical about something specific that you do? For me it is my art. Everyone loves my stuff, even my teachers, but I see all kinds of flaws. So it may be that you are pretty good at something and are not giving yourself due credit, or there is a task you want to learn and have difficulty getting the hang of it.
I see the pool of people being your emotions, a whole jumble of mixed emotions all over the place. The sharks are the things that these people at work or these 'institution' workers, are doing that are wearing on your emotional state.
The guns at the park are the same thing, but in more tangible areas in your life.
Shocked and confused is the key to understanding this dream. Anything that left you feeling like this is likely what the dream is about.....
As I unraveled your dream, it made me think that this would be similar to a dream for someone who had just been informed that they are going to get audited.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM

13,944 posts, read 19,478,705 times
Your dream is blueprint of any TV news that you might have watched. It's nothing but scare tactics pumped into you from any screen.
You male or female? Has a lot to do with this.
When was the dream? Dreams Thursday to Friday night come true. Dreams Tuesday to Wednesday night come as opposite.
Attacks by animals, barking dogs, etc - trouble at work. If attacked by dogs - from a female co worker. Esp small ones.
You didn't get into water, did you? Water is sickness. When you swim in water, you'll get sick. If it's clean water - light sickness; if it's real dirty - heavy one. Bugs is a different story.
The rest of it - read sentence one.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 PM

13,944 posts, read 19,478,705 times
Oh, and you have about two weeks for fulfillment. If dream was very bad and you fear repercussions, tell it to someone before noon in the morning, following that dream night, Makes spell go away.

Actually, not sure if posting online works. I always told mine to a live person. Somehow, I doubt online works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal