Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

I have two or three dreams almost every night, most not nice, chemicals in the brain, medication, worry and stress can all contribute..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
If you want to develop this ability, then it is recommended that you make a dream diary and write up everything you remember. If it becomes a book, then so much the better. Maybe we have a new J .K.Rowlings on the forum ? :-)

[belief]
The other thing is that some people believe that dreams are a way for your astral body to travel in the astral planes. Basically, the belief is that you have another less physical body which is attached to your body via a cord of etheric matter. This extends while you are travelling in the astral dream state, and is always attached to your physical while you are alive in 3D Earth. It gets separated from your physical when you move on to another dimension as a spirit.

The idea is that every night your astral takes journeys into the astral planes and comes back when you 'wake up'. Sometimes we feel we are being chased but really it is just our astral body coming back just before we wake up (often with our hearts thumping from being 'chased')

I dont think that we should feel exhausted after dreaming because it is said that your astral gets recharged by travelling in the astral planes. Having your energy sucked from you is unnatural and should be stopped if at all possible. Yes there are beings who suck our energy, but it is far better to learn techniques to protect ourselves from this happening.

In waking life, there are also old people who tend to suck energy from us and it is generally a good idea not to let this happen. This is not a 'bad' thing as such, but something which just 'happens' if we allow it to. Obviously, we need to keep our own energy rather than allowing others to drain us.
[/belief]

Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
TVC15-
It's sounds like you dream the kinds of dreams I have. The majority of dream locations for me are places that I have never been to, a place that does not exist, and in space on a different planet or even a spaceship hovering over earth.
Most of the house dreams are incredible works or architecture, but not all are 'pretty' but still a crazy complex.

I hardly ever and almost never, dream of people in my life, everyone is a stranger.
It is rare, when I do dream of someone I know, it's someone who I have not seen in forever.

I've always nutshelled my dreams as 'fantastical' because the stuff that happens in them is impossible in waking life.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
TVC15-
It's sounds like you dream the kinds of dreams I have. The majority of dream locations for me are places that I have never been to, a place that does not exist, and in space on a different planet or even a spaceship hovering over earth.
Most of the house dreams are incredible works or architecture, but not all are 'pretty' but still a crazy complex.

I hardly ever and almost never, dream of people in my life, everyone is a stranger.
It is rare, when I do dream of someone I know, it's someone who I have not seen in forever.

I've always nutshelled my dreams as 'fantastical' because the stuff that happens in them is impossible in waking life.
Yes my dreams sound just like yours! I dream in such detail about places and people I have never seen in my waking life. The year is not the same as 2012. Sometimes it seems I am in the 1940's era or the knight and shining armor era. When in outer space I have no concept of what year it is. It is incredible some of the things that I dream. I had always tried to train myself to lucid dream. I would even be in dreams talking about the subject of lucid dreaming with someone and that still would not trigger a lucid dream

There are different levels of lucidity but the only one I am interested in is the full blown one where your consciousness fully awakens in a dream and realize that you are dreaming. I have done it only twice and it was the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced. The excitement that comes over your dream self can cause you to lose the lucidity and slam you right back into the dream where you are just asleep and dreaming. That is what happened to me on my first full blown lucid dream.

The second time it happened I had to remind myself to remain calm. Even increased breathing can cause you to lose the lucidity. I was the most energizing experience and upon waking I was supercharged with positive vibrant energy that lasted for 3 days! Now that my life is less complex than it was back then I think I will start practicing the techniques again.

Every night I have very vivid dreams in other lands and faraway places seldom surrounded by people that I have ever met or seen in my life. I look forward to going to sleep just to see where my dreams take me.

Dreaming has always been fascinating to me but Lucid Dreaming is ultra-super-duper fascinating to me.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,397,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I disagree with this. On many a night I have slept 8 solid hours and during those 8 hours I have had the most intense vivid action packed dreams. Dream scouts draining my enerygy all night long. I wake up mentally exhausted even though I was alseep for 8 hours.

It is important to learn to control dreams in order to recognize when a dream scout has snagged your attention as well as to avoid letting it happen. Once it happnes you lose all control of the dream and a lot of your energy goes with it.

I do not think there is a fixed rule for everyone, some people have the capacity to enter into a trance, I mean they can connect entities from other dimensions, unaware of this ability they think to dream

a dream is not a simply...dream

Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM

TVC15- try napping when you are not tired.
I often take 'breaks' during my 'days off' and sometimes I will go right into a dream, but I'm still a bit awake.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
TVC15- try napping when you are not tired.
I often take 'breaks' during my 'days off' and sometimes I will go right into a dream, but I'm still a bit awake.
Are you slightly lucid when you do this? I want the full blown lucid experience.

I have had dreams where I am a bit awake and dreaming and it is nothing like the full lucidity that I experienced those 2 times. It is truly an amazing feat IMO to be able to just snap into a full blown lucid dream when you are in deep REM. It is indescribable actually. I really need to practice my techniques again.

OK this is going to be long but very informative to those who are not familiar with lucid dreaming. There are also pleanty of books out there to assist.

The second time I achieved full blown lucidity I had used a reality check technique in a dream that I had been practicing in my waking life. This consisted of testing to see if what I was experiencing in the dream was real.

I tested by pushing someone in a dream who I had escaped from. (yes I was having a nightmare ) All of a of a sudden from out of no where this person was right back in front of my face saying…you thought you got away from me didn’t you? I was horrified in the dream but quickly thought to myself that there is no possible way that this person could have caught up with me! I bet this is a dream!...now test it by pushing him! I pushed him as hard as I could and yelled get out of here! He turned to stone right in front of me! At that moment I was exhilarated (from realizing that I was in a dream) but had to calm down the excitement of realizing that I was wide awake in a dream!

You will lose the deep lucidity if you don't remain calm. As I began to calm down the stone cracked away and a completely different human emerged (I believe it was a dream scout) and I knew to ignore it and not fix my attention on it. Then this human walked away looking back at me with the look of defeat on his face. It was wild! I then began to plan my venture as the scenery began to change and I was continuing to reamain calm about being fully lucid...then the damn alarm clock went off and woke me up! However that brief moment of full lucidity was the most incredible experience I have ever felt! I was buzzing with amazing energy for 3 days!

That is one of the techniques that is widely suggested to induce a lucid dream. In your waking life no matter where you are or what you are doing...just do a reality check by testing to see if you are dreaming or in your real life waking state. By practicing these techniques in your waking state you will eventually incorporate them into a dream. Just as I instinctively knew to test the man who had caught up with me when there was no way possible for this to have happened.

Test by looking at a clock or trying to use your cell phone or looking at your hands. Over the years I have mastered these in my dreams: Using a phone, being able to read things...this is the most difficult thing to do because in a dream the words keep changing and become jumbled and make no sense.

In my waking life I practice reality checks by look at a written document then ask myself is this a dream? Then look away and look back at it. In dreams if you do this the document changes, if you do this with a clock the time on clock will be strange looking and supposedly you never see your hands in a dream or they will look different. When you perform the reality check in a dream and things change this is your instant trigger to make you fully aware that you are in a dream.

Another technique to do in your waking life is every 30 minutes no matter what you are doing do a reality check and ask yourself is this a dream? And then check it.

All you vivid dreamers out there try this technique! I think it is best to practice in situations that you normally encounter in your dreams. For me this is all over the map since my dreams are always all over the planet and Universe! But some vivid dreamers may have a reoccurring theme so it is best to practice this technique in that setting.

What I experienced when I realized I was lucid was unlike anything I have felt on planet earth. I know this is the gateway for our consciousness to connect with our soul. Something about being tied to our fleshy body really blocks this connection.

Deep meditation and other practices such as certain psychedelic drugs can open that connection as well...but I like doing it via lucid dreaming...it's the strongest connection I have ever experienced when doing it this way. I can go into deep meditation but it does not feel the same as the lucid dream. I am not into taking drugs so I don't care for that route.

I watched a documentary about one drug called the spirit molecule that a bunch of PhD's experimented with and it also seems to be a strong gateway ..:: DMT - THE SPIRIT MOLECULE | DOCUMENTARY ::.. One of the scientists was an atheist until she took that drug!

Maybe those who dream so much and so vividly are being beckoned by your soul to teach you or perhaps to keep you from forgetting.

I believe that vivid dreaming is a true gift that should not be wasted. I had a friend who wanted to learn to lucid dreaming so badly but he did not have the dream recall. He was so envious of my dreaming abilities.

Not everyone has vivid dreams. Those that do and are interested should explore the world of lucid dreaming. It is real and it is fascinating!

Old 01-16-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
I do not think there is a fixed rule for everyone, some people have the capacity to enter into a trance, I mean they can connect entities from other dimensions, unaware of this ability they think to dream

a dream is not a simply...dream
I agree that a dream is simply not a dream. And I also agree that there is no fixed rule for everyone. I was not suggesting that there was. Did not mean for it to come across that way.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If you want to develop this ability, then it is recommended that you make a dream diary and write up everything you remember. If it becomes a book, then so much the better. Maybe we have a new J .K.Rowlings on the forum ? :-)

[belief]
The other thing is that some people believe that dreams are a way for your astral body to travel in the astral planes. Basically, the belief is that you have another less physical body which is attached to your body via a cord of etheric matter. This extends while you are travelling in the astral dream state, and is always attached to your physical while you are alive in 3D Earth. It gets separated from your physical when you move on to another dimension as a spirit.

The idea is that every night your astral takes journeys into the astral planes and comes back when you 'wake up'. Sometimes we feel we are being chased but really it is just our astral body coming back just before we wake up (often with our hearts thumping from being 'chased')

I dont think that we should feel exhausted after dreaming because it is said that your astral gets recharged by travelling in the astral planes. Having your energy sucked from you is unnatural and should be stopped if at all possible. Yes there are beings who suck our energy, but it is far better to learn techniques to protect ourselves from this happening.

In waking life, there are also old people who tend to suck energy from us and it is generally a good idea not to let this happen. This is not a 'bad' thing as such, but something which just 'happens' if we allow it to. Obviously, we need to keep our own energy rather than allowing others to drain us.
[/belief]
You have never had a nightmare or long dream where you just worked your butt off mentally and physically in the dream and woke up drained? Everyone experiences this at some point...or at least I think they do. Everyone I know has mentioned having a dream like that at some point.

It used to happen to me a lot when I was younger. All of my unresovled childhood trauma haunting me in my dreams. Glad those days and dreams are over! I also have many many wonderful dreams that left me supercharged for days with energy...am I the dream scout out there on those nights?

Keeping a Dream Journal has never helped me achieve lucid dreaming.

I even bought a Dream Nova long ago to wake me during REM so I could record my dreams. (I had a microcassette that I would talk into since my dreams were so detailed I did not want to be up all night burning the midnight oil handwriting all of my dreams down...it would take all night!) Did that for months and it did nothing to help me become lucid. I usually recall every dream in vivid detail upon waking and can remember some of them for years and some I have never forgotten. One night after recording my dreams in the morning I played the cassette back and I could not believe that there were some dreams recorded on the tape that I had ZERO recall of. Even listening to me describing what I had just dreamt did not help me recall having them. But this only happened once.

In most dreams I have there is always some very interesting thing or place or object that hooks my attention. This is what some call a dream scout. That is its purpose. Everyone who dreams and is not lucid experiences this. Most of the time I just have very interesting dreams without being drained. But sometimes I dream I am escaping or get caught up in a strange situation that I am trying to get out of that just keeps getting more and more complex. Or I am trying to read something like finding a somone in a phone book or trying to use the phone the same way you do in real life. When I have those types of dreams I feel like I have worked all night long when I wake up. This is not the norm for me though.

Yes I have read about the silver cord but only associated with Outer Body Experiences. My dreams are not the same as what I have heard described in OBE. I had a neighbor who had OBE experiences every night and was terrified to go to sleep due to it. Her dream world was not even remotely close to what I experience. I always have heard that when you lift out of your body during an OBE it sounds like the clanging of a loud train passing by when it happens. She heard this every night before she was yanked out. She hated going to sleep...she was not into paranormal thinking which was very interesting to me. She was terrified of going to sleep every night. I did not know what to make of it but tried to help her understand that she can make it a peaceful experience but she was not open to learning. She just feared going to sleep instead.

Last edited by TVC15; 01-16-2013 at 09:23 PM..

Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
In my waking life I practice reality checks by look at a written document then ask myself is this a dream? Then look away and look back at it. In dreams if you do this the document changes, if you do this with a clock the time on clock will be strange looking and supposedly you never see your hands in a dream or they will look different. When you perform the reality check in a dream and things change this is your instant trigger to make you fully aware that you are in a dream.
Two things here- I have been able to look at clocks, but can't read them. I have not intentionally looked at my hands, but I have seen them, on rare occasions. One of those occasions was when I was writing on a wall like a chalkboard.
There was a ghost or some spirit in the room and they were writing on the walls to communicate with me.
And yes, I would and could read each word as it was written, but to look back at the whole sentence, it was jibberish.

Now this is a possible 2+2 thing to maybe solve another mystery I have.
I have resource/reference books that I read bits and pieces from over and over. On occasion, I will want to quote something, or check my memory and go back to that book. I feel I have a pretty good memory, especially visual, so when I go to the book and read something completely different, I'm totally bewildered. This is so NOT what I recall being in the book, other parts remain the same. To be sure I'm not mistaken, I will go through all other books that has focus on this same topic. I can never find the quote or content that I swear was there.
So maybe I read these books in a dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal