Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
I wish someone would produce PROOF of such things as life after death. All we have are anecdotes and people's personal stories. These are really not proofs. If seeing a light and loved ones at the end of a tunnel was real, everyone including atheists would have the same experience. Those who see these things are almost always devout christians and their brains are not DEAD. Once the brain dies, there is no coming back to talk about what was experienced. I learned this when taking EMT training in the 1970s.

People from all the ages have had trouble accepting the inevitability and finality of their own deaths.
I would just like to say that I am not a Christian and have had certain experiences. I agree very much, from my own studies, with almost everything from Bob and Pippy. I, for one, actually doubt that there is a God. I can also entertain the possibility that Jesus may not have existed or that if he did, episodes in his life did not occur. I tend not to believe in things because I am taught them, especially by religions which have their own interests and dogma to promote.

I think that our soul's afterlife is a natural thing. You don't have to believe in God to accept that. Goodness and love, though, are important.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,443,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you have a red aura around you......meditate and try to find inner peace.
I intimidate you.......your problem. No one was questioning your motives until I returned to the forum.
I've engaged in no battles-only conversation with you trying to reason with you. You're very sensitive. Try to get your aura cleared and you'll feel inner peace.
How wrong can you continue to be? Just go away if you can't contribute to the thread with nothing other than your narcissistic ramblings.

You have in no way intimidated me. You claim you have tried to reason with me...Really? About what? I see you as comical and childish. Yep really intimidated by that

BTW I don't get intimidated by anyone or anything especially the clueless.

I said I thought John Edwards was a fluff and you have been on the rampage ever since. I also called you out for acting a fool over some poster's assumption who did not even know what they were talking about. Get over it already.

Here is a suggestion for you... go and cultivate deep inner wisdom and peace vs. battling those who don’t agree with you and then get back to us.

No more high jacking this thread.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,754 times
Maybe just a sleep that you never wake out of. No more memories, no more pain, just nothingness. It's a bit scary sometimes when I think about it, but then it's peaceful as well. I just don't want to sleep forever and leave my daughter here in this world without me, until she is grown. That's one of my biggest fears.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 PM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
Electrical activity in the brain ceases, causing the termination of respiration and circulation.

Body temperature drops and rigor mortis sets in. Possibly you are embalmed, possibly not. Either way, over time you decompose; alternatively you may be cremated, in which case you become ashes.

The best you can hope for is to lead a happy and productive life, do what you can to help others, and get out without too much suffering.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Yes, but it is the decision made by the spirit as to weather it feels the need to re-incarnate.
Incarnation is strictly up to the spirit, and what life form that re-incarnation will take.
Not completely convinced about this because there are so many very deep asleep humans on planet earth. Some do the most heinous acts of horror upon other humans and animals. Many these horrible humans suffer no repercussions during their lifetime. When they die I don't think they get a free ride to whatever the next best show is in the Universe. I think they automatically reincarnate back to a life that will help them to generate awakening and one that allows them to pay off their evil karma.

I believe when we reincarnate that we choose the family and siblings that will afford us the opportunities to cultivate a greater awakening and workout our/ payoff our bad karma. (I think you use the word penance for this). Some spirits choose a very difficult situation in order to quickly advance what they need to learn and to pay off more karmic debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Until someone can explain to me why babies are born crippled, blind, mute etc. I believe I have the better more reliable explanation.
Bob.
Go back to when the spirit reincarnates...it chooses the family. It foresees the life it is going to live. The birth defects happen as a result of genetic mutations or missing genes. I believe some spirits reincarnate into these situations to learn more lessons or to payoff karma.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,570,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Please allow me to politely enlighten you on the subject of Jesus. It was many years later, after his death, that the story of Jesus life was written. It was written by men who never knew him or anyone who did. The writers CLAIMED there were many witnesses to Jesus revival without proof or evidence for such claims. If Jesus was actually dead, after several days in the cave he would have been already decomposing. There is no revival of life at that point. If he was not dead, which is what many believe, then revival is possible as it's happened to others over our history. Others belive his close followers, the deciples, used a stand-in since it was claimed others didn't recognize him after he revived. How can anyone not recognize someone after only a few days absence? The bible is faith, belief, not science.
Of course you are not enlightening me at all. I have read much of the stuff you mention that denigrates the Bible, but there are many evidences that what you say is absolutely not true. But as I also stated, the unconvinced will remain so. I am fine with my belief and the evidence provided and of course you are correct that faith is the essence of the Christian faith. The Bible does not claim to be scientific and I don't claim it is either. You are going to believe the things that support your belief system whatever it is. The Bible is evidence in itself. There are a number of very brilliant men over the centuries who have believed the scriptures and have investigated its reliability. You do have to believe in the supernatural to be sure. I do.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM

Or maybe all of us on planet earth are here are only here to experience what it offers at this current time in history. Once we leave our fleshy body then the dream of all that we took as reality on planet earth is realized as a delusion. We are out of the delusion, free from our fleshy body, free from all the conditionings of planet earth, free from all attachments...just a free spirit that moves onto the next higher dimension. In whatever form of existence it chooses.

I like to think about the history of planet earth. Here is a brief account of it: History of the Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What intrigues me is that planet earth is not a stagnant place. What we are experiencing today on planet earth will be completely different in the future. One day our Sun will burn out and our Milky Way will cease to exist.

What is really interesting are the earth conditions that allowed for the evolution of the dinosaurs.

And eventually the evolution of all the plants animals and humans we see today. And how different it is today compared to the history of civilization. The Story of Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So during the dinosaur era which lasted a very long time. Did spirits reincarnate back as dinosaurs to learn soul lessons?

Anyway I am constantly reflecting on many things that have occurred on planet earth.

So many mysteries

Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM

726 posts, read 1,228,574 times
IMHO I think we will experience the illusion of our beliefs much like we do in this reality. We see the world as we are not as it is.

Not saying this illusion will last forever, just until we "wake up" to our higher selves.

We all have lived before and will continue weather it is focused in this plane or another. There is nothing to be affraid of if one can get past the idea of heaven and hell and just experience a calm state of "being". Meditate and wake up to yourself now.

I didn't read any other posts in this thread so I wouldn't be influced in any way.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
“Actually, watching television and surfing the Internet are really excellent practice for being dead.”

Chuck Palahniuk

Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
IMHO I think we will experience the illusion of our beliefs much like we do in this reality. We see the world as we are not as it is.

Not saying this illusion will last forever, just until we "wake up" to our higher selves.

We all have lived before and will continue weather it is focused in this plane or another. There is nothing to be affraid of if one can get past the idea of heaven and hell and just experience a calm state of "being". Meditate and wake up to yourself now.

I didn't read any other posts in this thread so I wouldn't be influced in any way.
I can't understand why anyone would be afraid of death

I also wonder about the highly evolved creatures in the ocean. Will some of the most highly evolved and intelligent be the next to crawl out of the ocean and evolve into a new species on planet earth once humans are gone after the next planetary change or next catastrophic planet event? I wonder what the earth conditions will be like and what new species will evolve once humans become extinct.

Last edited by TVC15; 01-30-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.