Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,401,361 times

Advertisements

Something better than this,that's all I hope.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,362,300 times
Nothing happens when you die. I can't believe so many people are brainwashed by religion to believe otherwise. Being dead is exactly like it was before you were born: nothingness. People want to believe they will see their loved ones again so they buy into the nonsense of heaven. Or narcissists want "eternal life" so they invent reincarnation so they can keep coming back.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,362,300 times
Quote:
I also find Long Island Medium very interesting and real as well.
For all who believe in this woman (or any medium), let me ask you this: have you ever heard of any medium giving the survivor bad news? Ever heard them say, "Well, sorry to tell you, but you dead son is roasting in hell with his back broken?" Or ever heard them say, "Hey, that son of yours who was murdered told me tell you he still hates your guts?" How about, "You thought your husband suffered when he had cancer, it's nothing compared to how he's suffering in the afterlife!"

Of course not. They are paid to tell lies which will comfort the deceased.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 PM

8,580 posts, read 9,067,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
For all who believe in this woman (or any medium), let me ask you this: have you ever heard of any medium giving the survivor bad news? Ever heard them say, "Well, sorry to tell you, but you dead son is roasting in hell with his back broken?" Or ever heard them say, "Hey, that son of yours who was murdered told me tell you he still hates your guts?" How about, "You thought your husband suffered when he had cancer, it's nothing compared to how he's suffering in the afterlife!"

I was with a person less than 5 minutes before he died. He pointed above me and asked me if I can see the angel. No I said, he smiled and pointed at what he saw and said there it is. He died shortly after. I don't know what it is or means but I never forgot it.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I was with a person less than 5 minutes before he died. He pointed above me and asked me if I can see the angel. No I said, he smiled and pointed at what he saw and said there it is. He died shortly after. I don't know what it is or means but I never forgot it.
I've heard of things like that too...anyone that boldly states that nothing happens when we die is just closed minded. I'm somewhat of a skeptic of mediums too but who knows,anything is possible.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,409,143 times
Quote:
Nothing happens when you die. I can't believe so many people are brainwashed by religion to believe otherwise. Being dead is exactly like it was before you were born: nothingness. People want to believe they will see their loved ones again so they buy into the nonsense of heaven. Or narcissists want "eternal life" so they invent reincarnation so they can keep coming back.
Interesting in that I am not brainwashed by religion...I don't believe in religion.

Why do you think there is nothingness before we are born?

Why do you see reincarnation as being narcissistic? So you think coming back to planet earth is a good thing?

I agree there is no such thing as heaven or hell. Planet earth at the present moment appears pretty hellish IMO.

Do you not believe that we have a spirit or soul?

Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,733,146 times
Quote:

that's because ALL suffering ceases to exist in the spirit world. Any pain and suffering experienced prior to death is clearly understood in the after life. In fact Everything is clearly understood, there is total tranquility,peace and love.
And,by the way--there is no hell.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM

Interesting how some here are so firm in their beliefs...even though there's not much proof from their side either;

Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 PM

577 posts, read 988,940 times
there's no definite proof certainly. I'm not sure we will ever get definite proof either way. There is some evidence, if you choose to accept said evidence. there has been discussion of near Death experiences here and elsewhere in this sub forum. is it a real glimpse? Or just the brain's last attempts of surviving while putting the mind in a dream state? Well nobody really knows yet. However it's interesting the the "visions' seem to be pretty uniform unlike individual dreams which can be all over the map.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM

8,450 posts, read 10,867,487 times
I want to respond too a couple of post, but didn't feel I needed to use quotes.
First, so many have the idea that religion and the afterlife are somehow related.
I see absolutely no correlation between the two.
Many are quick to think religion is the reason for everyone's existence.
Religions, all of them, are man made, and have nothing to do with the spiritual world.
Secondly, what would you who are skeptical, want as proof that we live beyond this realm
What would satisfy you as proof?
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal