U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,898,038 times

Advertisements

I have seen mine twice!

First time I was 12 years old and coming out of a movie theater in a crowd with my dad. I saw this girl who looked just like me! Face to face almost, but then I turned away and she was gone.

Second time was in 1994. I had a talk show on TV, was not paying close attention, but looked up and saw ''myself'' sitting in the front row of seats as the host walked out on the floor.

This one REALLY freaked me out. It was me down to the type of clothes, haircut, glasses, body language, and even mannerisms. The person was on camera for most of the show as the host worked from the audience.

I felt my blood run cold watching it and obviously have never forgotten it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,736,828 times
Not a true double, but close enough that someone thought we were twins. Everything about us was the same except our eye color and her nose was more pointed. We did 'know' each other through a mutual friend. We were also only a few months apart in age.
People say I look like Christina Ricci, but I am am older, so she looks like me.
I pull off a great Wednesday Addams for Halloween.

My daughter has encountered a couple close 'doubles'. She goes to school with the current one.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:45 PM

7,931 posts, read 6,299,359 times
I was in a local grocery store and saw a pamphlet on a rack. The woman on the front of the pamphlet looked just like me. I had a recent professional photo taken and the woman on the pamphlet was even posed the same as I was in the photo. It was a very eerie feeling. I took the pamphlet and even showed it to relatives and friends who all agreed that the photos looked like they were the same person in different clothes. A few years later, I saw an updated photo of the same woman (her name was on the pamphlet), and we no longer had the same resemblance. I guess it was all in the expression captured in the photo as well as generally similar hairstyle, eyes, and smiles.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,898,038 times
I recall seeing a co-worker's doppelganger in 2008.

A few of us were watching a training video doing a live stream from across the state and the was a woman who looked exactly like our team leader, who happened to be absent from work that day with the flu!

We told her about it when she returned to work a week later and we all then tried to find out the name of the woman in the video. Never could.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:17 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,867,879 times
I never saw my own doppelganganer, but saw a friends. Creepy. I kept thinking she was my friend. Funny thing was, they were from the same town, but didn't know each other. They could have been twins.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:38 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,637,905 times
When I was in my twenties and thirties, many people use to tell me I was a dead ringer for Burt Reynolds.
Bob.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 AM

11,549 posts, read 14,584,811 times
I never seen mine, But have seen a friends a few years ago I know the man 20 years and was nearly about to go up to him to greet.

There are endless genetic compositions, But some basic features for certain people are similar and this usually is a basis for people having look-alikes. I never thought it was really a Fortean subject though an interesting one.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 PM

13,893 posts, read 19,384,682 times
Similars, yes. Not doubles. EVERYONE, even single egg twin, is different and unique. No two human beings are identical.

But I do have to agree with you, that it is clearly obvious, that humans can be, with some effort, categorized into similar groups by their appearances. Maybe to just few pra-types. Like they have a pra-language, that all the languages came out of.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 PM

504 posts, read 672,530 times
Met mine in college - which was handy because she was a year older than me! My DH looks like Liev Schrieber (sp?) from the Manchurian Candidate. People stopped him on street when that movie was out asking if he was in the movie.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 PM

3,588 posts, read 8,464,319 times
People around the town I grew up kept saying they saw me here and there and I was not in those places - I think someone looked just like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal