U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,415,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
He is not a "Ted Kennedy Catholic" and for that I am glad.

There are enough religions who support the PERVERSION of gays marrying.
No, it is PERVERSION, in a free society, to treat some citizens as second class. We did that to blacks and we are still doing it to gays.

It is PERVERSION, in a democracy, to allow the secular government to be influenced by the dogma of religion.

The word, perversion, means a deviation from the norm. To a sizable segment of the animal population, humans included, homosexuality is normal. It goes against science and reality to deny that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 04:41 PM

114 posts, read 68,260 times
Default Heart of Jesus, King and Center of All Hearts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
The current Pope is the next-to-the-last according to Malachy. So whoever gets elected this Spring could be the last. The prediction simply calls him "Peter of Rome" or "Peter the Roman" and says that the church will receive some final persecution or final judgment, and Rome (or the world) will be destroyed.
The three days of darkness will come upon the world to remind everyone of Christ's three days in the tomb. The fall-out will cause this.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:24 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,308,920 times
About a month or so back I ordered a used copy of "Petrus Romanus". When I received it, I opened it up and the previous owner had written a note stating that they had received it the day Kardinal Ratzinger announced his retirement. Nice coincidence. Anyway, I've read the introduction and if nothing else it's very well written, unlike many of these conspiracy books. Personally I place no faith in the supposed prophecies - they're not biblical, and the only one that stands to gain by spreading such "prophecy" has dubious motives. Beware of false prophets.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
About a month or so back I ordered a used copy of "Petrus Romanus". When I received it, I opened it up and the previous owner had written a note stating that they had received it the day Kardinal Ratzinger announced his retirement. Nice coincidence. Anyway, I've read the introduction and if nothing else it's very well written, unlike many of these conspiracy books. Personally I place no faith in the supposed prophecies - they're not biblical, and the only one that stands to gain by spreading such "prophecy" has dubious motives. Beware of false prophets.
The devil gave you the book because he needs your help.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:41 PM

19,215 posts, read 22,915,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Most scholars who have studied the Prophecies of St. Malachy have concluded that its pretty clearly a 16th century forgery, not a 12th century prophecy.

Do the prophecies of St. Malachy suggest we are living in the end times? | Catholic Answers

9 things you need to know about the prophecy of St. Malachy |Blogs | NCRegister.com

Old 06-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Most scholars
That is a broad based stab in the dark.

Prophecy isn't a guessing game.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:55 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,581,368 times
Very credible prophecy ,but we must keep an eye on Francis and his possible midterm replacement should there be one. Rome remains the potential epicenter for prophecy they have two major telescopes searching for alien life, they are the brain center for the Hadron Collider ,a candidate for Mystery Babylon the source of Antichrist to mention a few.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias_who_has_come View Post
That is a broad based stab in the dark.

Prophecy isn't a guessing game.
The Prophecies of Saint Malachy is a 16th century manuscript. Scholars study manuscripts. Part of the job description.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Very credible prophecy ,but we must keep an eye on Francis and his possible midterm replacement should there be one. Rome remains the potential epicenter for prophecy they have two major telescopes searching for alien life, they are the brain center for the Hadron Collider ,a candidate for Mystery Babylon the source of Antichrist to mention a few.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:07 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,581,368 times
Lol. Actually Malachy is the only contribution by Catholicism's missing link ( too many to record) via a non haywire prophecy. He named all the Popes for hundreds of years including the early retirement of Benedict Such a feat is impossible to forge as the names were methodically and historically documented by the Vatican. dating back to the 12-16th century.

Last edited by openmike; 06-15-2015 at 11:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal