U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 04:22 PM

16,408 posts, read 30,398,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think that there may be a vortex here too. I know what you mean completely! I am not big on throwing out one shoe, boot or earring, because the other is likely to show up later.

The funny thing is, that the other day, I donated a few bags of clothes and some furniture to the local salvation army store. I was not intending to shop, but I felt drawn, almost compelled to go into the store. Once inside, I felt a pull towards the book section. Right now, if there is one thing that we really don't need it's more "stuff".

In the stacks of books, I found a book I'd read about 20 years ago called "The Haunted", which chronicals the haunting of a North East PA family, Jack and Janet Smurl. When I first read the book, I'd never even been to the Wyoming Valley.

However, that is where I have lived for the past three years. The area has a rich and tragic past, including many deaths due to the intensive anthracite coal mining that took place in the 1800s through the middle of the 20th century. Many people, including children as young as six lost their lives in the mines here.
In the early 70s, Hurricane Agnes caused a flood of almost biblical proportions.

This area if beautiful and historic, but it has a heavy vibration. The book - (yes I wound up buying it) speaks of speculations that the coal mining may have disturbed some earth spirits, perhaps even demons.
It also talks about the harshness of life here.

It seems more than a coincidence that I found the book right now.
I have that book too! REAL scary!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
It happened tonight. I'd but away some money in my desk several days ago. It's a roll top with a key. We are moving soon and I'd sold some things on Craig's list. It was too late to go to the bank.
So I decided to pot a few hundred buck (300) in the locked desk drawer. Where the other $300 was.

Only now it was gone. This is not the first time. I've had money appear also. I've had it vanish too, and sometimes reappear at an odd time.

Also plain tickets. They reappeared when it was too late to use them.

Anyone have any ideas? Someone I know says that it's evil spirits. Another playful ones and still another that sorcerers take the money.

What ever the hell it is I can't stand it! Is there anything that can be done?
Yes, this has happened to me too!

I use the St. Anthony (patron saint of lost things and missing people) prayer when I'm really desperate. Learned it from a Catholic friend when a cat was missing. Cat turned up! So have other things that have gotten temporarily lost.

Here's a version of the prayer (there are several; you can find more on the internet):

Quote:
O blessed St. Anthony,
the grace of God has made you a powerful advocate
in all our needs and the patron
for the restoring of things lost or stolen.
I turn to you today with childlike love and deep confidence.
You have helped countless children of God
to find the things they have lost,
material things, and, more importantly,
the things of the spirit: faith, hope, and love.
I come to you with confidence;
help me in my present need.
I recommend what I have lost to your care,
in the hope that God will restore it to me,
if it is His holy Will.

Amen.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 03-12-2013 at 04:33 PM..

Old 03-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I have one of those at my house -- his name is Seamus, and he's a feline who is attracted to shiny things. All jewelry taken off is placed into a box, with a lid and the lid is shut. Eyeglasses are put into closed cases at night or he takes off with them, and my eyes are SO bad I can't see to find the durn things.

I can see Seamus as a vortex... between him and the phantom piddler my house almost seems neat. (Leave any piece of clothing on the floor and you will find it peed on the next day.)
Used to have a cat like that too (RIP). She would steal my gold necklaces off my dresser and run off with them. She also liked to tease me. If I was putting on pantyhose, I would be very careful as I didn't want to get a run. Somehow she noticed this. She would sneakily come over and then very gently "pat" my calf with her claws "in," looking up at me for a reaction. Guess she liked it when she made me ***gasp*** ... LOL, what a cat!

As for the piddling, if it's not Seamus, you have a ghost that needs to be toilet trained!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 PM

13,624 posts, read 22,251,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Used to have a cat like that too (RIP). She would steal my gold necklaces off my dresser and run off with them. She also liked to tease me. If I was putting on pantyhose, I would be very careful as I didn't want to get a run. Somehow she noticed this. She would sneakily come over and then very gently "pat" my calf with her claws "in," looking up at me for a reaction. Guess she liked it when she made me ***gasp*** ... LOL, what a cat!

As for the piddling, if it's not Seamus, you have a ghost that needs to be toilet trained!
No - not a ghost cat -- a few other very real cats. One of them was a feral rescue and he's never really gotten the hang of the litterbox. He understands that he can't go on the wooden floor, and if the back door is open, he'll go outside -- but he can't wrap his head around the fact that any soft coverable surface on the floor ISN'T a litterbox. So shirts left on the floor, socks, afghans, quilts, any fabric at all, except a pet bed... he will wee on and cover it up, by pulling the clean fabric over the puddle.

For a cat that had the sense to come in out of the rain to the perfect house with suckers that love him regardless.... he's still a bit soft in the head. And none of it matters when he cuddles up on you and sighs like he's so happy he found us.

Wanted to add -- we used to be able to read him, and knew when he needed to go, and we'd carry him to the litter box. He'd use it perfectly and we'd think, Aha! He GOT it.... and of course the next day he'd do his little panic pee pee dance and we'd have to carry him to the litter box. It took MONTHS for it to take. In the mean time he trained us in hours.

It's not the first time I've been outwitted by a cat, and I have the feeling it won't be the last.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 PM

302 posts, read 410,458 times
I had lost my debit card. We looked everywhere for it. Then one night my daughter and I were sitting in the living room, she was on the couch and I was in a recliner a couple of feet away from her. We were just sitting there talking, and we both heard a noise like something dropping on the floor. We looked toward the sound, and there was my debit card. It hadn't been there a moment before. Neither one of us had moved, so we couldn't have knocked it off or out of something. <<shudder...>>>

Old 03-15-2013, 01:15 PM

35,883 posts, read 70,158,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
I had lost my debit card. We looked everywhere for it. Then one night my daughter and I were sitting in the living room, she was on the couch and I was in a recliner a couple of feet away from her. We were just sitting there talking, and we both heard a noise like something dropping on the floor. We looked toward the sound, and there was my debit card. It hadn't been there a moment before. Neither one of us had moved, so we couldn't have knocked it off or out of something. <<shudder...>>>
That is a good example of the "ripple in time" effect I wrote about in an earlier post.

Another weird one was from one of my friends, and witnessed by several members of her family. One of the children's balls had gone missing and since it was a large beach ball, it was not as though it could roll under something.

One evening they were eating dinner and watching tv and the ball simply came rolling into the room. No dog to push it . . . no cat . . . no other family member or visitor. It just came rolling into the room!

Old 09-25-2014, 12:27 PM

418 posts, read 542,871 times
Old thread but thought I'd chime in.
I have a pair of diamond earrings which I kept in my home lock box with documents and other jewelry. The key was hidden in a drawer.

I remember I wore the earrings at my fil's funeral in January 2001.

In January 2002 we buried my father, and when I went for the earrings their little red leather box was empty in the lock box.
My daughter and husband and I each went through the entire box several times to no avail. They were simply gone.
I assumed I had left them in a pocket or purse after the funeral a year earlier, and they were gone forever.

Fast forward to October 2007 when my mom dies and once again I reach into the jewelry box, only to discover the missing earrings in their red leather box exactly where they belong.

I guess they were lost in space!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal