Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 02:38 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Is it possible that your wife is taking some money and then replace them later on hoping you will not notice it? Did you asked her?
Try to install a camera or an alarm sound.
No. I am the wife! I am equally baffled by this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 04:02 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
My money often disappears but never shows up again. I wonder what the "Ghost" is buying with it.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:42 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
i vote for live person tampering in the household

Old 03-09-2013, 05:02 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,230 times
This sort of thing happens all the time in my neighborhood. I live alone and have a small rental house also. My neighbor says she has had stuff disappear, like an earring, be gone for YEARS, and then reappear on the floor. I have this sort of thing happen. And my renter has also. Sometimes the stuff reappears, sometimes it doesn't. And it isn't necessarily anything of value so it isn't like house guests steal it. It is like some sort of vortex around here.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i vote for live person tampering in the household
Wouldn't put it past the folks who live on my soon-to-be former block, but someone was always here. A good friend has been staying with us to help during the moving process. He has had this happen with keys, a credit card and $40. All of his stuff "came back" though, albeit in strange places.

The house has purposely not been left vacant during the moving process. We also have several formidable dogs.

This is not natural. We are sure of it. While are moving we have also gotten some strange phone calls. 1 and a half rings and no caller ID.

This has happened before. It's a spirit that shows up when we are happy and about to make a good change. The phone calls happened when I was expecting my children too.

The money thing is very upsetting though. And that is not connected to the phone thing.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:26 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
This sort of thing happens all the time in my neighborhood. I live alone and have a small rental house also. My neighbor says she has had stuff disappear, like an earring, be gone for YEARS, and then reappear on the floor. I have this sort of thing happen. And my renter has also. Sometimes the stuff reappears, sometimes it doesn't. And it isn't necessarily anything of value so it isn't like house guests steal it. It is like some sort of vortex around here.
I have one of those at my house -- his name is Seamus, and he's a feline who is attracted to shiny things. All jewelry taken off is placed into a box, with a lid and the lid is shut. Eyeglasses are put into closed cases at night or he takes off with them, and my eyes are SO bad I can't see to find the durn things.

I can see Seamus as a vortex... between him and the phantom piddler my house almost seems neat. (Leave any piece of clothing on the floor and you will find it peed on the next day.)

Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post

I think that there may be a vortex here too. I know what you mean completely! I am not big on throwing out one shoe, boot or earring, because the other is likely to show up later.

The funny thing is, that the other day, I donated a few bags of clothes and some furniture to the local salvation army store. I was not intending to shop, but I felt drawn, almost compelled to go into the store. Once inside, I felt a pull towards the book section. Right now, if there is one thing that we really don't need it's more "stuff".

In the stacks of books, I found a book I'd read about 20 years ago called "The Haunted", which chronicals the haunting of a North East PA family, Jack and Janet Smurl. When I first read the book, I'd never even been to the Wyoming Valley.

However, that is where I have lived for the past three years. The area has a rich and tragic past, including many deaths due to the intensive anthracite coal mining that took place in the 1800s through the middle of the 20th century. Many people, including children as young as six lost their lives in the mines here.
In the early 70s, Hurricane Agnes caused a flood of almost biblical proportions.

This area if beautiful and historic, but it has a heavy vibration. The book - (yes I wound up buying it) speaks of speculations that the coal mining may have disturbed some earth spirits, perhaps even demons.
It also talks about the harshness of life here.

It seems more than a coincidence that I found the book right now.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
There is a theory about time-space "breaks" that I heard many years ago and later wished I had paid more attention, b/c like Sheena, I have had very odd things happen with objects that go missing -- but then turn back up.

This theory has to do with not exactly a vortex but folds or ripples in the time-space continuum. And it is not that the item has been moved as much as it is that in various moments, we are not in the "now" . . . we are either spending a few milliseconds in the future or the past.

So we go to the desk and the money isn't there . . . but what has actually happened is, we have either been temporarily transported to a time before we put the money there to begin with or a moment in the future (and we had earlier moved/spent the money).

In addition, this theory has to do with the molecular make up of all objects . . . and that sometimes these ventures into a different time (the fold or ripple in time) cause molecular changes in objects . . . things may actually be there but we can't physically perceive of them as we typically would.

I was having a particular problem with items going missing and the person who I talked to about it explained this theory and told me - if what I were dealing with did have to do with a ripple in time, to simply wait a while and go back and see if the object had returned to its correct/expected position. Most of the time, I will wait a while and then go back and indeed, there is the "missing" object.

What is so odd about my situation is the items seem to be things laid in very specific places (or stored there). THe same areas of the house continued to be the places from which things seemed to "disappear."

As far as things reappearing in other areas (usually very odd places that one would never choose to store that particular object) . . . I have certainly had that happen, too . . . and sometimes they were discovered years later, and sometimes, they are found with other items that in no way relate. My latest situation happened after Christmas, when my "daily wear" hoop earrings suddenly disappeared. I wear them daily, take them off every night, and put them in a crystal bowl on my nightstand. One morning I got up and they were simply gone. I was frantic. For weeks I looked for them -- even though everyone knows I am a creature of habit and always put them in the same bowl. ALWAYS.

Two weeks ago I took a handbag out of the closet which has not been used since last summer . . . and there was a ziplock bag in it . . . I pulled it out . . . and there were my earrings.

Only hubby and I had been in the house during this period of time. In addition, the morning I "lost" my earrings, hubby was out of town so I was here alone.

I don't know how the heck those earrings found their way to my handbag, much less in a ziplock bag, lol. I asked hubby if he had any idea about it and he was like "what earrings?" He had never helped me look for them and had definitely not found them and put them in my handbag. I was so happy to see them, I didn't spend much time analyzing it further.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:03 AM

858 posts, read 1,807,039 times
it happens in my parents house. Things would go missing, only to reappear at a later time, usually in an odd location or in plain sight. It has happened with all sorts of stuff like jewelry, CDs, coins, clothes, toys. Mom says there are spirits involved. I don't know, but it's frustrating some times.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:27 AM

588 posts, read 1,014,828 times
You guys have vortexes in your heads if you think spirits are involved. Call a doctor... seriously. You need help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal