U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:40 PM

629 posts, read 1,591,759 times

Advertisements

Hi all.. I need advice. I'll start by saying I"m not at all psychic but I am very sensitive to energy. I've never actually knowingly encountered a ghost..until now. I'm not sure what to do. When we moved into our current house a yr ago I felt "something". Occasionally loud unexplained noises..things knocked onto the floor. However, activity has picked up greatly recently and I'm a bit freaked out. It does silly things like knocking my pack of pads off the dresser onto the floor just seconds after I walked past. Acouple of nights ago there was a loud bang in our master bedroom while I was laying on our bed. I looked over and actually see the door close and open. I go look to see what hit the door..there was nothing. This morning I had to run up to my room for a checkbook so I know I left teh door open. When I got back from dropping off kiddos..the door was almost completely closed. I have yet to acknowledge it and have felt no fear. As I was getting ready putting on my makeup..I heard breathing in my ear. This freaked me the hell out. It didn't sound very nice. Was actually down right creepy. Any advice on what is going on and what I should do? Do I continue to ignore it? I'm scared of opening up a door that I have no clue how to close.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,833,600 times
since you are sensitive, ignoring it will make it worse.
bring in a more experienced medium to figure out if some one needs help to move on or if you just need to create boundaries and do a cleansing.

my $0.02

Old 03-06-2013, 05:27 PM

21,463 posts, read 27,306,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Pajama mama~ View Post
Hi all.. I need advice. I'll start by saying I"m not at all psychic but I am very sensitive to energy. I've never actually knowingly encountered a ghost..until now. I'm not sure what to do. When we moved into our current house a yr ago I felt "something". Occasionally loud unexplained noises..things knocked onto the floor. However, activity has picked up greatly recently and I'm a bit freaked out. It does silly things like knocking my pack of pads off the dresser onto the floor just seconds after I walked past. Acouple of nights ago there was a loud bang in our master bedroom while I was laying on our bed. I looked over and actually see the door close and open. I go look to see what hit the door..there was nothing. This morning I had to run up to my room for a checkbook so I know I left teh door open. When I got back from dropping off kiddos..the door was almost completely closed. I have yet to acknowledge it and have felt no fear. As I was getting ready putting on my makeup..I heard breathing in my ear. This freaked me the hell out. It didn't sound very nice. Was actually down right creepy. Any advice on what is going on and what I should do? Do I continue to ignore it? I'm scared of opening up a door that I have no clue how to close.
It sounds as though you have something. It could be a ghost. It could be a poltergeist or other type of phenomenon or entity.

The loud bang on your master bedroom door could be indicative of the beginning of a haunting. Frequently in my experience and in my reading, a haunting begins with a knock at the point of significant threshold. In this case, your master bedroom door. The master bedroom is generally where the husband and wife sleep ( or other SOs) and where sex takes place.

That seems significant to me especially in light of what I think is the most serious phenomenon thus far - the breathing in your ear. I don't like that at all. the fact that you were putting makeup on, an act of self beautification that could be seen as sexy also seems significant.

These are those who would tell you to ignore this or that your fear will simply feed into it. I am not one. the thing is, how can one not react with fear from these events? If one of them happened - something dropping for example, I would not be unduly alarmed. But there have been an assortment of stange sounds and events.

the breathing alone would be cause for concern for me. I don't like it at all.

How long have you lived there? Do you live alone or with a husband or SO? What has your relationship been like? Do you know anything about the history of the home? Have you done anything lately like using a Ouija board or even read or discussed such things? Do you have a religious or occult back ground? Why do you say that you "opened a door"?

I happen to think that you are psychic, by the way. Please fill me in. Don't be afraid. OK? We will figure this out!

Sheena12

PS I agree. Ignoring it will make it worse.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:52 PM

Sheena..Wow..you bring up a very good point. Everything thus far has taken place in our master bedroom. I share it with my husband of 18 yrs. We have a solid relationship that has been strained as of late due to an ongoing real estate lawsuit. The activity increased as of about a month ago. Around the same time as they took our property and started doing major earth moving for roads thru our yard.

"opening a door" was said out of gut feelings. I have no real knowledge of what it means, my instinct tells me I would be vulnerable but to what I do not know.

I'm confused. Research seems to say complete opposites. Ignore..dont ignore.

I was fine with the spirit..until the breathing in my ear. Are there 2 or is it just becoming more negative? I wish I knew.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 PM

Oh wanted to answer a couple of your questions. We bought it as a foreclosure/bankruptcy just over a yr ago. I dont really know any history other than the couple who lost it got a divorce. I think the area is rich with native american history. I am about an hr and a half from you.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:43 PM

14,790 posts, read 21,562,499 times
This is what sylvia brown suggest you do stand in the middle of the room and tell the ghost , enitity what have you and tell it that they dont live there anymore to go to the other side that their family is waiting there for them and please dont laugh this is written in her book . I will tell you what happened to my family when we were about 8 our family moved into this old house and every night after everyone went to bed we heard this thump, thump , thump down the stairs .well after doing some research my grandma found out that the house had belonged to a dr and his son had fallen down the stairs chasing after his ball and he broke his neck . everyone who had lived in that house said they heard the same noise . They do believe that house was haunted by the little boys ghost . Well after we moved out another family moved in and they moved out 3 months later and the house was torn down 5 months after that . Wild huh ? Oh well just thought I would tell you to see if that would help you get rid of your visitor .

Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 PM

I'm not sure how many but my guess would not be only one. There are usually several. That is not specific to your case. One, the breather, is not a poltergeist. This is an evil and inelegant haunting. By that I mean that the entity knows what it's doing. It knows that you and your husband have a solid relationship. It's jealous and it senses that there has been some discord lately and it sees this as an opportunity to present itself to you right now in hope that you will respond to it in a favorable manner.

In terms of the the "to ignore or not ignore" schools of thought more people agree with Type O Negative and me - don't ignore it. You can liken this as a mom to the schools of thought with reference to raising kids. When my children were young, if for example my son was about seven and was climbing on the banister and I ignored it, he would most likely step up the behavior to hanging off the banister, sliding down the banister and then falling off. Until he got my attention and told hm to knock it off.

This spirit wants your attention. You do not want to give the attention to it in the way that it wants, so you are going to need to address the issue.

I think that this Breather was here before the last couple. I don't think that it was ever human. I think it has to do with the house and the land.
It is very old and it came out because of your current stress in your normally peaceful marriage. It sees it as an opportunity.

Can you tell me if you have had any dealings with the occult before and what your religious upbringing was if any and what if anything you believe now?

Also, I am moving to Ohio at the end of the week. Send me a DM and let me know where you live. If you want help with this, I'd be happy to tell you who you may want to contact and help you in any way that I am able.

~ Sheena12

Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 PM

13 posts, read 14,111 times
I too have had entities in the house I live in. I'm certain it is the land. This whole neighborhood I live in in the Buckeye area of Cleveland , OH is negative.The area is riddled with crime and bloodshed. This is also the area where Anthony Sowell murdered all those women. I moved into my house March 1981 and the first incident was my 3 year old being pushed down the stairs(he wasn't hurt, we were just shook up. My ex husband who doesn't believe such things dismissed it as him mis-stepping, but I saw him being pushed as I was right behind him. The day we moved in, 3/15/1981 I was frying some bacon on an electric griddle and for no reason the griddle flipped over while I was carrying it causing the hot grease to burn me. Again trying to talk to my husband about this was useless. so I became angry and I said out loud and with force, "This is my house and my family and we are here now, leave us alone." I at that time had no idea who or what was there.
Things quieted down for awhile until I started working night shift in 1983. then things got more tactile; weight of someone in my bed, something getting atop me; black plasma wrestling with me. When each of these occurred, I asked Jesus to make them stop and go away and immediately they ceased and I was never bothered again by those. However there are some entities that predate Jesus and I guess these would be demons, but thankfully these were not what I was dealing with. I asked my neighbor if anything had happened in this house and she said there was a man who had hung himself upstairs. We opened up the dry wall some years later and found a rope tied to the uppermost part of the vent stack. I removed the rope and told that person to move on. I think he did. Over the years there have been other activities. In most recent years I had weird electrical failures and energy surges that damaged appliances. There have been weird voicemail messages left directed at my oldest son who still lives with me. He has been unable to find a job. He is a sensitive and he feels that if he could get away from this whole area he could prosper. He sees and hears things all the time. This house has put me in financial stress because I have had to fix and repair so many things. I would welcome the chance to ;eave but I don't have the money. My north side neighbor has the same financial issues as well. Her mom lived there for many years and never had a problem. Now that her daughter(who is a sensitive) moved in after she died, she too is experiencing paranormal things. For about 7 months she would leave her house to go stay with her daughter because of too much paranormal activity. She would see a man in a seaman's out fit and hat in her house; this was the same person my son saw going across our yard. That's why I think it is a land issue. I will have to take some time to see what the history of these land platts are.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen56 View Post
I too have had entities in the house I live in. I'm certain it is the land. This whole neighborhood I live in in the Buckeye area of Cleveland , OH is negative.The area is riddled with crime and bloodshed. This is also the area where Anthony Sowell murdered all those women. I moved into my house March 1981 and the first incident was my 3 year old being pushed down the stairs(he wasn't hurt, we were just shook up. My ex husband who doesn't believe such things dismissed it as him mis-stepping, but I saw him being pushed as I was right behind him. The day we moved in, 3/15/1981 I was frying some bacon on an electric griddle and for no reason the griddle flipped over while I was carrying it causing the hot grease to burn me. Again trying to talk to my husband about this was useless. so I became angry and I said out loud and with force, "This is my house and my family and we are here now, leave us alone." I at that time had no idea who or what was there.
Things quieted down for awhile until I started working night shift in 1983. then things got more tactile; weight of someone in my bed, something getting atop me; black plasma wrestling with me. When each of these occurred, I asked Jesus to make them stop and go away and immediately they ceased and I was never bothered again by those. However there are some entities that predate Jesus and I guess these would be demons, but thankfully these were not what I was dealing with. I asked my neighbor if anything had happened in this house and she said there was a man who had hung himself upstairs. We opened up the dry wall some years later and found a rope tied to the uppermost part of the vent stack. I removed the rope and told that person to move on. I think he did. Over the years there have been other activities. In most recent years I had weird electrical failures and energy surges that damaged appliances. There have been weird voicemail messages left directed at my oldest son who still lives with me. He has been unable to find a job. He is a sensitive and he feels that if he could get away from this whole area he could prosper. He sees and hears things all the time. This house has put me in financial stress because I have had to fix and repair so many things. I would welcome the chance to ;eave but I don't have the money. My north side neighbor has the same financial issues as well. Her mom lived there for many years and never had a problem. Now that her daughter(who is a sensitive) moved in after she died, she too is experiencing paranormal things. For about 7 months she would leave her house to go stay with her daughter because of too much paranormal activity. She would see a man in a seaman's out fit and hat in her house; this was the same person my son saw going across our yard. That's why I think it is a land issue. I will have to take some time to see what the history of these land platts are.

Ellen, I am so sorry that you are experiencing all of these things. I happen to believe all of what you have said. I am moving to North Eastern Ohio at the end of the week and I'd love to investigate this further and perhaps to write about it.

The taunting telephone voicemail messages directed at your son are very disturbing! What type of a voice was it? Male, female, robotic? I have had some very frightening telephone phenomenon myself. It's terrifying.

I know that there is a way out of living there. This land is ruining your finances and your health. It is the source of your son's problems and it's taking a huge toll on you. You and your son are sensitive ( your ex was not) and this place is draining you.

So sorry for all of your troubles. It sounds awful. However, I am sure that there is a way for you to leave if that is your wish. And I hope that it is.

~ Sheena

Old 03-07-2013, 04:40 AM

5,140 posts, read 11,868,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Pajama mama~ View Post
Sheena..Wow..you bring up a very good point. Everything thus far has taken place in our master bedroom. I share it with my husband of 18 yrs. We have a solid relationship that has been strained as of late due to an ongoing real estate lawsuit. The activity increased as of about a month ago. Around the same time as they took our property and started doing major earth moving for roads thru our yard.

"opening a door" was said out of gut feelings. I have no real knowledge of what it means, my instinct tells me I would be vulnerable but to what I do not know.

I'm confused. Research seems to say complete opposites. Ignore..dont ignore.

I was fine with the spirit..until the breathing in my ear. Are there 2 or is it just becoming more negative? I wish I knew.

Earth moving - I think its two. But when you ask it to leave you are suppose to be peaceful and calm. I would just start with that. No anger or fear in your delivery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal