Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:00 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times

Advertisements

I worked for a now defunct chain department store. I heard stories from the older, long time associates about a portrait of the store's long deceased founder that was hung in the store's offices being "haunted" - unexplained footsteps at night, lights being turned on, etc. when there was no plausible excuse for it. A few times, the police even showed up. The painting was removed by the time I started working there, and the weird occurences stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 AM

149 posts, read 343,256 times
I mentioned in one other post about going to the Antique Shop that I reny a booth in and working at night sometimes.
I had just stated in the other post about other than getting a strange feeling when I passed through a certain section I had not really heard anything that couldnt be dismissed as the wind or maybe a mouse up in the ceiling ect..
I hadnt worked after hours since before Valentines,untill this past Friday night.
I hadnt been there maybe 30 min. or so and the local police pulls someone over right in front of the shop,this is common for the area,so I keep working.
Police leave.
Im working everything quite and I here this crazy noise,like a bird or something squeeling out in pain,like 3 times,one sound right after the other.Altho it was very destinct it sounded somewhat muffeled.So I decided that it MUST have been a bird of somesort,even tho birds usually dont cry out at night.
Kept working,almost had everything in place and had just locked my showcases back up.
Again a distinct noise comming from what seemed like the same area in the building,but this time this sound was different,3 new sounds followed by 3 of the same sounds I had heard earlier.
It came to me in a instant this time,without a doubt the sound I heard.I couldnt put my finger on exactly WHAT the sound was the first time,But now I KNEW FOR SURE.
The first three sounds were a quick clippidee clop,clippidee clop,clippidee clop followed by the 3 sounds from before whinneee,whinneee,whinneee.The horse sound.
I thought Oh well,O.K.I really dont care for this too much,it made me a little uneasy so I gathered up my belongings and left a quick note on the counter about something I would pick up on Sunday.
Well this is Sunday and I am to meet with another Vendor and open up and help her with some of her items that she is bringing in.
Im planing to pass through each and every booth while my friend is there to see if there are any childrens toys that may make a horse sound.
I feel that there will be something surely that is there that will.Ill find ouy tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal