Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:02 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,886,653 times

Advertisements

Yes, I dont think we have any attachment to our bodies after we leave them. Maybe you wanted to see what your body would feel like from that perspective in the astral. It certainly did make you think about it which is good and gives you another perspective on life here in your body.

Personally, I believe we are much biigger than just a 3D physical body and that the part of us which can 'fit into' our physical body is a very small part of our larger spiritual personality. Most of our stuff is done unaware and in our dream state. Only the lucky few can know what goes on in that other larger energy world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 11:12 PM

113 posts, read 216,844 times
Thanks to both of you for your analysis. Very thought provoking.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:53 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,251,187 times
I've had this experience a few times; scary.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,243,084 times
Sleep paralysis.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 AM

Most of the books I have read about astral projection say that there is always a link to the physical in the form of an extendable 'silver cord' which like a fishing line, gets reeled in (quickly, when we get frightened or) more slowly when we naturally come back to our physical body. When this silver cord finally breaks that signals our leaving this plane and not returning. The knowledge books say it does not break by accident, or at least no-one has returned to say so!

Old 08-21-2015, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 560 times
This usually happens to me..it never happens when i am sleeping on my back... Instead it happens when i am sleeping on my belly and even happened once when i was sleeping on my side! One time instead of a human presence there was the presence of a dog and i could hear him panting!! Because almost everyone who has experienced sleep paralysis say they were sleeping on their back it makes me believe it was probably something else and not sleep paralysis although i do hope its only that...

Old 08-23-2015, 12:45 PM

102 posts, read 90,276 times
I tend to have sleep paralysis with any position I sleep (back, stomach, side) most times I am able to open my eyes, other times my eyes stay closed and I can make a sound so whoever hears me can wake me up. Never seen a ghost or demon in this state and I plan to keep it that way. I wish I didn't go through this sort of thing but I hear some factors that lead to sleep paralysis are stress, which I'm going through right now.

Has anyone had it happen to them three times in one night?

Old 10-03-2021, 01:15 AM

1 posts, read 211 times
Default Paralyzed from sleeping on my stomach

I am 55 skinny and muscular. When I was 18 I crushed 2 vertebrates in the center of my back. It took about a year to heal without surgery. I water skied ever day I could in WI. My back healed and never hurts. Now I can’t lay on my stomach longer than 15 minutes because my back becomes paralyzed. It is difficult for me to change positions because of the constant pain and not being able to use my back muscles to move. About 10 seconds after I am in a different position the pain subsides completely and my back works again. I have no idea why and I just accept it.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejstevenss View Post
I am 55 skinny and muscular. When I was 18 I crushed 2 vertebrates in the center of my back. It took about a year to heal without surgery. I water skied ever day I could in WI. My back healed and never hurts. Now I can’t lay on my stomach longer than 15 minutes because my back becomes paralyzed. It is difficult for me to change positions because of the constant pain and not being able to use my back muscles to move. About 10 seconds after I am in a different position the pain subsides completely and my back works again. I have no idea why and I just accept it.
Could be that your back is pinching some nerves in the spinal column perhaps and this is causing a similar effect when people break their back and become paralysed and have to be in a wheelchair. Could be that bending forwards is OK for you but even a slight bending backwards might put pressure on the nerves inside your spine. If you have a soft bed then that will allow your spine to flex more when you are on your front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal