Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 03:27 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,751 times

Advertisements

Many years ago, while living in a San Diego apartment I shared with my older sister, I had my one and only unexplained event happen to me. Very early in the morning (around 4:30 a.m.) after my sister left for work, I was sleeping pretty soundly on my stomach when suddenly I sensed a weight lie down on top of me that covered every inch of my backside. It made me feel very panicky. I tried shouting but nothing was coming out. I couldn't really move, speak, scream or open my eyes. Because I was lying on my stomach with my hands near my face, I managed to barely pry one eye open with one finger. It took great effort to do this. As soon as my eye was partially open, the weight was lifted. As soon as I closed my eye again, the weight was back. I tried and tried to wake up but it was like something was preventing me from waking. But I managed to wake up fully and the weight was completely gone then. It was so scary I still remember it today. It happened one more time to me in that same apartment about a year later. I have never had anything like that happen to me since.

What the heck was that? Has anyone ever felt this sensation? It was as if someone my exact size layed right down on top of me and prevented me from moving or speaking.

Last edited by TotallyTam; 03-11-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 03:39 PM

580 posts, read 965,078 times
I have not felt this sensation before. I've heard of it though. I think it could be either of two things. It could be sleep paralysis. It usually happens when coming out of or going into sleep.

If you want a more paranormal explanation it could be that you have an Old Hag problem. You may need to speak to someone that can exercise evil spirits.

P.S. if you look up Old Hag on Wikipedia you'll be redirected to Sleep Paralysis.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
I have not felt this sensation before. I've heard of it though. I think it could be either of two things. It could be sleep paralysis. It usually happens when coming out of or going into sleep.

If you want a more paranormal explanation it could be that you have an Old Hag problem. You may need to speak to someone that can exercise evil spirits.

P.S. if you look up Old Hag on Wikipedia you'll be redirected to Sleep Paralysis.
Thanks, I'll read up on that.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:40 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
It sounds like Sleep Paralysis and it is not that uncommon.
Basically, your mind wakes up but your body does not. For this reason, you can hear things happening around you. Some people report that they can even feel sheets, blankets etc touching them. BUT since the body is asleep, that means no gross motor control. A person can try to move as much as they want, but that part of the brain is still asleep and non-responsive.

No, it is not dangerous. Scary yes, but not harmful.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
I'd be willing to bet that it's just sleep paralysis. I've felt that a few times in my life and I remember that feeling, and I did not feel as if anyone was there holding me down or anything.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 17,573 times
Default Jinn

Yeah i use to get that a lot, feels like you are going to die, it can be sleep paralysis but also it can be something else as well.

Once in my mates in-laws house, upstairs in the bedroom, they have a double bed, quite heavy, there are no exits upstairs, the only way to go outside was to go downstairs across the passage way and exit the house through the main door. So my mate and one of his in-laws carried his baby nephew down (because for some reason the baby cried like crazy in that bedroom) they switched the light off and shut the bedroom door and came downstairs, as soon as they sat down they heard a loud BANG! They thought someone broke in, all the guys ran upstairs to beat the ***** out of whoever is in the room, they opened the door and they were shocked.....they see the whole bed turned upside down, no window broken, door shut, no sign of anyone breaking in. It took 3 of them to flip the bed up again.

Anyways not going to go into that too much lolz but we have experienced some strange things, if you think you have some strange things happening, try this and see if it helps, you can find it on youtube recitation from the Qur'an, type in 'Surah al baqarah' click the 1st one, it probs be 1hr long and let it play.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:30 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamil1985 View Post
Yeah i use to get that a lot, feels like you are going to die, it can be sleep paralysis but also it can be something else as well.

Once in my mates in-laws house, upstairs in the bedroom, they have a double bed, quite heavy, there are no exits upstairs, the only way to go outside was to go downstairs across the passage way and exit the house through the main door. So my mate and one of his in-laws carried his baby nephew down (because for some reason the baby cried like crazy in that bedroom) they switched the light off and shut the bedroom door and came downstairs, as soon as they sat down they heard a loud BANG! They thought someone broke in, all the guys ran upstairs to beat the ***** out of whoever is in the room, they opened the door and they were shocked.....they see the whole bed turned upside down, no window broken, door shut, no sign of anyone breaking in. It took 3 of them to flip the bed up again.

Anyways not going to go into that too much lolz but we have experienced some strange things, if you think you have some strange things happening, try this and see if it helps, you can find it on youtube recitation from the Qur'an, type in 'Surah al baqarah' click the 1st one, it probs be 1hr long and let it play.

As in human existence, in the spirit world as well, there is good and bad.
Obviously the actions described here were those of an evil or bad spirit.
It could be that bedroom was a favorite place for the spirit that now exist there.
It obviously is disturbed that some one now occupies this favored spot, and the spirit retaliates with physical violence.
Often we see people, because of their actions, and nature, we judge them by what we see.
A bank robber, a rapist, a thief, a murderer.
We are convinced these people are evil.
We need to remember, within each of these "evil" people lies a spirit that is not only evil, but responsible for the evilness brought forth by the human.
I point to the recent events in Ohio where those three girls were held captive for all those years.
Do you honestly believe Mr. Castro was responsible for that happening?
His evil spirit within was the sole source of what took place, and along with Mr. Castro, will serve it's penance in jail, until the time comes to separate itself from it's human confinement.
We, as I have said in many other post, are nothing more than clothing for the spirit.
Just like the sweater, or jacket you may wear on a chilly evening.
When you no longer feel the need for it, you discard it.
The same could be said of the spirit that is within us.
When the time is right, it too will discard it's human bondage, and move on.
The human remains will wither away, and become part of the earth, while the spirit will live on.
It is not the good, or evil person that will be judged when the time comes, but the spirit.
We humans will never be judged beyond our human existence.
That is reserved for the spirit world.
When we are witness to evil, we automatically put the blame on the person doing the evil.
We have all heard the phrase, "evil is as evil does", but most do not understand the source of that evil behavior.
One need look no further than within, for the source is the spirit within.
I am sure many of you have heard someone say this or that person is "just an evil person".
The "sweater", or "jacket" does not have the capability of being evil.
Evil goes way beyond our meager human existence for it's source.
The bed was flipped over where no reasonable explanation could be found.
Obviously the spirit was mad at the intrusion, and showed it's evil side.
Things similar to this happen all the time, and go unexplained.
It only takes a little knowledge of the spirit world to better understand these events.
Bob.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:00 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Not necessarily a spirit doing anything and maybe they are blamed for bodily/spiritual processes which are natural but which we do not understand very well. Could be the start of an out of body experience(OOBE) which probably happens to us all but most, including me, are unaware of most of the time.

From the books on OOBE I have read, it seems that if you get these feelings of not being able to move, or of strange noises, whistles, crackles, pops, shakes, vibrations, etc you have to relax and let it happen.

It is said that this is your astral separating from your physical and it just happens that you are aware of this process at this time more than you usually are. As you get more used to it, the aprehension will go away and the process of coming and going from your physical will become more natural and easy for you.

If this sounds right to you, then it probably is what is happening. If it 'feels' not right, then it may be something else causing these feelings and not OOBE.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:42 AM

113 posts, read 216,751 times
ocpaul and calguy, how would you interpret this.

I was once in a very low point in my life. It was obvious I was depressed. Things weren't great. I slept a lot. One day, midday, I felt like I had left my body. I touched it on the shoulder and it felt empty, like an empty shell of very little weight and substance. I didn't feel sad, if memory serves but in a way I was relieved. It seemed like there were people around it, though at that time I was in a place far from home, so nobody would have been there.

At any rate, I awoke slowly and pondered as I grew more awake. That experience makes me believe that is what death would be like. Not sad, but fascinated at how detached our souls are to this shell of a body and how nothing really matters. It was odd. I wasn't sad or ill or anything.

What do you make of that?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:22 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
ocpaul and calguy, how would you interpret this.

I was once in a very low point in my life. It was obvious I was depressed. Things weren't great. I slept a lot. One day, midday, I felt like I had left my body. I touched it on the shoulder and it felt empty, like an empty shell of very little weight and substance. I didn't feel sad, if memory serves but in a way I was relieved. It seemed like there were people around it, though at that time I was in a place far from home, so nobody would have been there.

At any rate, I awoke slowly and pondered as I grew more awake. That experience makes me believe that is what death would be like. Not sad, but fascinated at how detached our souls are to this shell of a body and how nothing really matters. It was odd. I wasn't sad or ill or anything.

What do you make of that?

I have often said I believe when we dream, that is the time that our spirits wander.
When we are conscious, our spirit within is constantly occupied with all that we as humans do, but at sleep, that is the only time our spirit (for lack of better words) removes itself from our body.
That journey undertaken by the spirit is what, and why we dream.
Sometimes we remember the dream upon waking, and often times we don't.
When we dream, we "see" events happening as though we were actually a part of them, but physically, we are not.
Our spirit is experiencing the events, and our subconscious mind seems to reflect all that the spirit is experiencing in a dream.
In your dream you mentioned seeing people that you didn't know.
You may, in your waking existence not know them, but your spirit does.
They may be those that your spirit knew in other lives, and because spirits make everlasting bonds with other spirits, it is not unusual for spirits to meet and greet them on their nightly journey.
Each and every time we sleep, our spirits wander, for that is the only time they can take their journeys.
As I said above, we don't always remember a dream, but we have them every time we succumb to sleep, regardless of the times we sleep.
One point I think needs clarification is, when the spirit takes leave of the human body, it is never completely removed from the body.
If it were to completely extract from the body, we would be dead.
When we sleep, this is the closest point we will ever be to death without being dead.
When we don't recall a dream upon waking, that time we slept is as though we were dead.
We have no physical recollection of those hours we were sleeping.
The spirit ONLY removes itself completely from the body when it has no further use of the human body.
When that happens, we are dead.
Your dream is nothing out of the ordinary.
Every one dreams, and every one's spirit embarks on a journey when we are at sleep.
That journey is the dream.
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal