Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:23 PM

302 posts, read 474,102 times

Advertisements

I agree with both of the above posters. There are certainly two objects, one in the front right corner and one in the center. However, the lens of this camera is so small that even a finger of a three year old would block out the whole image. After looking at some more recent photos she has taken, I think it might be her knee. She seems to like to lay down on her back and point the camera upwards sometimes.

And there is no doubt that the picture is poor quality. Blurry, out of focus, bad lighting, etc., but I really don't see how it could be reproduced since we have no idea who or what that is in the picture, which is what is causing our alarm in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
I would probably look at "surprised" photos of your g.daughter & family and see if the scared ghost face resembles it at all. I don't know if that camera has it but most have a date and time stamp. That could also help you figure out the time it was taken. Does it keep that info?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 AM

301 posts, read 329,233 times
Whatever it is it made me shiver

Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 AM

302 posts, read 474,102 times
The photo was taken Wednesday, ‎March ‎13, ‎2013, ‏‎12:57:13 PM. That was the information from the properties of the photo, but it was a child's camera so I don't know how accurate the time is. The date is correct though.

I have been trying to see if there was any resemblance to anyone in our family, dead or alive, and just don't see any. Not just the face, but the posture, body shape, etc. Nothing seems familiar at all.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM

10 posts, read 9,780 times
I would Move ....

Old 03-20-2013, 12:02 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,540 times
I wish I could see the face y'all see, but I see a sideways view of a bald headed man, slighty bent over. Do you see a full face? OP, is there anyway that could be her dad or male figure in her life? Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:43 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I guess it's my turn to be the voice of reason (or stick in the mud).

The round bottom part looks like a fingertip right in front of the camera lens. The blobby "head" is probably a random shadow and would not look anything like a figure with the "fingertip" removed and would naturally be distorted because half the lens is obscured.

Don't freak out, this probably isn't paranormal.
Bingo.My thought from the moment i saw it. Always look for a reason it is not a ghost or bigfoot etc.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:47 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
In the bottom photo I can most certainly see a face. When it loaded on screen I got chills and started crying. This thing was/is in my granddaughter's bedroom!

I did some research on generations spirits/curses. This makes a lot of sense. My daughter was seeing these things before she was baptized and accepted Jesus. There are two people in her life that she has not been able to forgive, one was a teacher who caused a death of a student (she was a witness but no one believed her), and the other is my mother. I have finally been able to forgive my mother, but she is still struggling to do so. I also read how these can be passed down by ancestors, like her father's dad who was a Mason.

I will continue to search for answers, knowledge and prayers, and I appreciate all the responses from everyone on this forum, it does really help. And that enhanced photo is beyond creepy, it is downright terrifying...
Remember this camera is being handled by a3 yr old child. They grub up quite a bit of stuff. She has smeared the camera lens and that is all there is to it.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:47 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
The photo was taken Wednesday, ‎March ‎13, ‎2013, ‏‎12:57:13 PM. That was the information from the properties of the photo, but it was a child's camera so I don't know how accurate the time is. The date is correct though.

I have been trying to see if there was any resemblance to anyone in our family, dead or alive, and just don't see any. Not just the face, but the posture, body shape, etc. Nothing seems familiar at all.

Was that from the camera or the computer? Sometimes when you transfer a file to the computer it will set the date and time to that.

You could always check by:

Take a photo ---> immediately transfer it and review information compared to the computer's time/date.
If its a different time or date then you know you have the camera info and not the computer's for the time.
(unless it auto syncs like phones/computers, transfer it again an hour later to see if info changed)

It would be nice to know if it was a day or night photo.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:09 PM

524 posts, read 843,684 times
I would try to tease out more info on the thing she sees at night. Could be a shadow from the hall light...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal