Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 02:51 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Am I right in assuming that it was a better fit for you than any job you've had?
Yes and no. I'm quite versatile and a fast learner.
I have not really had many jobs because I tend to stick with the job I have because I like it for one reason or another. Sometimes it's the money, sometimes it's the industry.
I once had a position made so I could be hired. That was when I worked the cat shelter. The position I was applying for had already been filled, but I had vet tech experience and that was a big plus. And all the cats came to me like I was covered in Cat Nip.
The most 'odd' job I have had was outside of my normal skills set (art & animals) was with electronics. That company had a family dynamic, the pay was awesome and it was fun doing that science geek stuff building and testing mother boards an such.

But, in the town I am in now, there are not many options. I like an active job, not a desk type so this is a good one. Before that, my 'work for a pay check' job was a bartender. Which I do enjoy, but its the faces that get old after a while and I need a change. My bartending job before that one I did for 5 years. In a three day work week I made twice to three times as much as a full timer at minimum wage.
Having half the week off to do my art was awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 04:33 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,260 times
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
Hi,

First let me say I've enjoyed reading the posts here about LOA. I've practice it off and on but I have the most success with it when I'm not focused on the object I want. I'll think about it once or twice or write it down as a goal and forget about it, until it manifests.

I wanted to know if this sounds like LOA to you all or coincidence:
  • A few months before I left my old company, I remember thinking I would be extremely happy if XXX position was created for me in XXX department doing XXX. I wasn't happy in my position at my old company so I left. I really didn't want to leave but I wanted more opportunity and experience that I couldn't get in the position I was in. When I walked out the doors on my last day, I had a feeling I'd be back.
  • I'm working a contract position now where I love what I do, which is what I was wishing for in the first bullet point. However, I don't like the company. I'm not sure why but I just can't get settled. Maybe because it's contract and not perm. I don't know.
  • My old company posted a position the latter part of May. It is the exact position name I wanted, exception being it's prefaced with "Senior", in the department I wanted, doing what I'm doing now.
  • I let it go and didn't think about it until about a week ago, I was browsing for jobs and saw that the position was still open. I applied and will be interviewing this week.
  • One of the interviewers is the Director of Inventory. I wasn't exposed to Inventory processes until the contract job I'm on now. So, I feel confident that I'll be able to discuss Inventory in the interview, or at least know what he's talking about. And I think overall the contract job has better prepared me for this position at my old company if I get it.
Please let me know what you think. And keep the LOA stories coming, I love reading them!

Thanks in advance.
Hi everyone!

Well, I don't think I got the job. I'm a little baffled because everything seemed to fall into place and it took no effort. I found an interview outfit at the last minute, the interview itself went great. Am I'm not a strong interviewee but when I say this was one of the best interviews I've had, I mean it. The Hiring Manager even told me she was looking forward to having me back and working with me again. I didn't dwell on getting the job but when I pictured myself at the company I could "feel" myself there -interacting my coworkers, doing my work, wearing my logo shirt, sitting at my cube. But it's been 3 weeks since the interview and they took the job posting down this week. And to top it all off, I checked my spam folder today and found a personality assessment they sent me two days before the interview. Ugh! I guess that may be why I didn't get the job. Oh well. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Please keep posting your stories. They're very encouraging.

Thanks!

Old 08-17-2013, 11:35 AM

Jay- don't throw in the towel just yet. If they took the ad down last week, that may mean they are done collecting applicants and are wrapping up interviews and it could take a few weeks before they make a decision.
Keep feeling and visualizing....but...don't wear blinders. The Universe can be tricky and it may be that out from left field you do get what you want, just not what you expected.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:45 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Jay- don't throw in the towel just yet. If they took the ad down last week, that may mean they are done collecting applicants and are wrapping up interviews and it could take a few weeks before they make a decision.
Keep feeling and visualizing....but...don't wear blinders. The Universe can be tricky and it may be that out from left field you do get what you want, just not what you expected.
I'm with you on this too owl. (spooky how much we agree) I had the exact same experience with my last job--I knew I had aced that interview--I remember the principal looked at the teacher and said, "Let's take this to my office; this is going really well!" And there was such surprise on his face b/c he had completely underestimated me--this came at a time when I had just discovered the real power of gratitude. Then weeks went by and they had taken down the ad and I hadn't heard anything and then one day the principal pulled me aside and told me that he was feeling really bad b/c he had just found out that the job could not be guaranteed from year to year b/c it was run off a grant and I might take it (this was Dec) and then be out of a job by spring. Well I really needed to get unstuck at that point--it felt like constipation lol, so I thought about it a couple of days and said I'd take it b/c I wanted the experience. And yet I still didn't get to start until Feb. I was able to keep the job the following year and the teacher I worked with and I were both quite confident that it would still be available in the fall, which was LoA even though we didn't know it. It's a good thing too b/c our program grew by over 50% and we ended up hiring another person too. Now they're scrambling to hire another to take my place but my teacher said that she'll never get another Ms. stepka lol.

So my point to this whole long rambling story is that you never know what's going thru their minds, though I hope for your sake that this is a permanent position. If it's right for you you'll get it and if not, then feel confident that you will find something even better. In other words, just let it go. And yes, I know that's one of those things that is so simple to say and so hard to do, but it gets easier with time I've found. You can't really hold on to anything--like a wild thing you have to let go.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:13 PM

came across this today

http://youtu.be/HW2Qp4S8AEc

darn- cant find the embed that works...

Last edited by OwlKaMyst; 08-17-2013 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: embed did not work

Old 08-17-2013, 07:05 PM

163 posts, read 502,540 times
I want to believe.

But, I've tried everything from vision boards to visualization and meditation to raise my "vibration" and something as simple as manifesting a job has yet to happen.

I've also met some not so nice people who believe in the LOA--Iwas verbally attacked in a forum because I dare *gasp* question the authenticity of the LOA.

I just don't know whether or not I do believe. That said, I still have a vision board. I just put something on it today.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:31 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,260 times
owl and stepka - thanks! I haven't given up. I still feel it's meant for me and it's not over yet. Thanks for the encouragement.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeAsAngels View Post
I want to believe.

But, I've tried everything from vision boards to visualization and meditation to raise my "vibration" and something as simple as manifesting a job has yet to happen.

I've also met some not so nice people who believe in the LOA--Iwas verbally attacked in a forum because I dare *gasp* question the authenticity of the LOA.

I just don't know whether or not I do believe. That said, I still have a vision board. I just put something on it today.
Well I hope you won't get that here. I don't think so b/c I admit there are times when I still think it sounds like hooey dooey but then it proves itself to me once again.

What I have found is that all of us have parts of our life that work out better than others and if you're having trouble manifesting and want to try it, then try it in an area of your life that you feel more confident about. It sounds like in your case you have completely lost confidence in the job area and I understand that b/c it is my weakest area too. So leave that on the back burner for now and resolve to pay attention to any strange synchronicities. Meanwhile, go on to think about and try to manifest something else--a party invitation or a new outfit of clothes or a boat. Well you know what I mean. And remember, give it time and go back and read my post just a few back about wanting something and manifesting it--if you want something you're still feeling the lack which won't help at all, whereas with the manifesting of it you're getting excited and confident that it will come.

Also, for me the job situation did not turn around until I truly understood the power of gratitude. I'm not talking about that feeling you get at Thanksgiving when everyone dutifully tries to come up with something to be thankful for. I'm talking about really really feeling it. My lightbulb moment came when I was in bed one morning and began to think how comfortable that bed was and then it just expanded and I was thinking about my kids and by the end of the day I was even thanking the Lord for music and the internet! I can't think of a single other thing that will raise your vibration like that will and you should take days or weeks on this. Things will turn around in an amazing way after that. You will need this feeling for your manifestation also b/c it will pick up the vibration--you're going to have to get grateful for something you don't even have yet!

Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeAsAngels View Post
I want to believe.

What Stepka said....
And my take on it -
Doubt is a killer. And the bigger the goal, the more room for doubt especially when just starting out or when the knowledge is limited. There can be all kinds of little mistakes we make because we just don't know what we need to.
You are in need of increasing your believability. As Stepka said, stsrt small.
Manifest something that you can actually feel that you can obtain.
One of my teachers suggests parking spaces. Manifest one right in front of the place you are going.
I think I mentioned that here before with more details if not let me know and l can expand the process details.
Wake up every morning and claim that today will be a blessed day and out loud, express at least three things you are grateful for. When brushing your teeth, see yourself in the mirror and smile. Tell yourself you are an amazing creator of your reality.
Trust your intuition!!!! Can't say this enough. If it does not feel right- there is a good reason for it and dot doubt it or try to reason with the intuitive impression with logic. Logic can be tainted by doubt and the limited view we have in that moment. Don't let desperation get the best of you and grab something that does not feel right.
Keep up with the vision board and make yourself an 'I Am' board or book, or just get a bunch of PostIts. Write your I Am's. which can be anything, thing that you already are, things that you want.
Can be physical things or the non-tangible.
I am happy
I am working at the perfect job
I am the owner of a new car
I am strong and healthy....
Etc.

When you get into a low mood, listen to your favorite songs or watch a funny movie.

Believability is your main goal right now. Manifest those little things and when it happens- pay very close attention to the feeling and energy that flows through you.
Then when you are manifesting something bigger, reconnect with that moment when the little manifeststion came through and apply that feeling to the known coming of the bigger manifestation.

You got this!

Old 08-23-2013, 04:47 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Like Oprah, I have used the law of attraction and the secret for most of my life without realizing it was ever a "secret" or had a name. I used to be one of those "keepin' it real" types that told people what I thought regardless of how negative it was. And I almost ruined my family's life. I used to prophesize destructive things to happen when my family members told me about a choice they were making that I thought was stupid. What I said usually ended up happening. And then I thought I was right! I now realize that it only happened because that's what I spoke. To the world, it's called the law of attraction. To God, it's always been the power of the tongue. The Bible says he spoke the world into existence. And he gave us that same power here on this Earth. I have learned that we really do control our lives by what we say. LOA says it is thoughts. I can definitely see that. But words are the driving force that make it all happen. When you speak something into being, you are putting that out into the atmosphere, into the world, and the world has to listen to you and make it happen because the world is under your dominion by God's commandment. This why affirmations are 100% effective over time. I have spoken so many things into existence that would make your head spin. I am still testing this out by speaking things I want into existence. It all came to a head the day I spoke the weather into existence. On a hot humid Orlando day in the summer at a particular amusement park, I spoke into existence that the weather would change into a blowing and huge cool winds the rest of the day. I spoke it with past tense. And no more than 15 or 20 sweltering minutes later, a wind started!! And then it turned into a mighty wind that everyone was looking around dumb-founded at!! It was literally hot, humid, and sunny without a trace of wind all day. Then out of nowhere a mighty wind came and cooled everyone off. I was beyond shocked and overjoyed. And ever since, I knew I had the power. Everyone does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal