U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 AM

15,921 posts, read 18,354,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Lets just say hypothetically you see a ghost of a dead relative randomly appear in front and then disappear. Would you just assume you saw nothing unless you can scientifically prove that you saw something even though your rationality tells you that you did indeed see your dead relative that has passed away stand right in front of you. I have nothing against science but don't you think that viewpoint is a little extreme. I mean C'mon.
My viewpoint a little extreme? Uhhh, no, I have enough presence of mind to realize the brain is complex enough to play tricks on you.....

How many studies have been done over the last few decades that have been scientifically proven that the human brain can interpret things that aren't there?

Even a crude Google search will bring up numerous studies/articles on the subject.....

Let Me Google That

I have sat in graveyards at night wanting to commune with the spirits, tried a ouija board, seen a seer, had a few sessions of scrying and a few other things....

Please don't tell me my attitude is extreme.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 03:07 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,140,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Well I think the existence of ghost would at least open up the possibility that there is an afterlife. I think it's very shortsighted to believe in ghost and at the same time think that there is no possibility that there could be a heaven or an afterlife.
Yeah, it seems a little odd to me that anyone could believe in ghosts, but not God. Somehow, the universe IS. That is enough to make me believe in God because if you think about it, "how can it be that WE ARE and THERE IS 'BEING" and stuff". If you really think about it deeply - it should blow your mind.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,140,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Do I believe in god? No

Do I believe in heaven? No

Do I think there might be an afterlife for this thing that powers my body? Maybe

Do I believe in ghosts? Maybe

But what I don't understand is why when people talk of ghosts they are somehow get associated with religion and god....

With so many unknowns in this Multiverse why people still talk the way our ancestors did 4,000 years ago concerning ghosts is laughable....
Probably because Ghosts are ethereal spirits -- like God. Why does it surprise you that people link those two things? I don't see why you find it "laughable".

Old 04-04-2013, 05:57 AM

432 posts, read 1,125,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Energy does not dissapte. It is transfered. This is simple physics, everyone should know. You drive down the street; kinetic energy, you stop; thermal energy. Kinetic energy is transfered via your brakes to thermal energy. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transfered. Ghost and spirits like us are living energy, from the electrical impulses in our body to the heat we give off. They dont need to be seen by anyone if they dont want to be. It is not about believing their existance. Some people like me can feel and rarely see them. I show respect and try not to **** them off. They are sentient- we know this, hoe or why? Well why does anything do anything? Why do we not consider ourselves animals, when we are not made of stone or feed through photosynthesis?

I am on a similar wave length! Energy is God, ghosts, people, radio waves, and even that rock sitting on the road. Energy takes different "shapes" and when that shape changes, the Energy goes someplace else, joins with other energy and forms into something else at some other point in time. Even time is energy.

So yes, I believe in God and have had some religions experiences, I believe in ghosts and have experienced situations. I believe in people having the right to having the choice. I believe in radio/sound waves and those 1's and 0's that invented the computers and expanded our communications around the world. And I believe in that rock too, it probably came from outer space over billions of years ago. And time is just a blink of an eye.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 AM

42,762 posts, read 47,361,724 times
Ghost are souls that in the beginning have trouble at times believing that they are dead. Eventually they will go to the white light that is our alternate earth. It's the same as here but not poluted or ruin. Yes we have a God. Our creator. The world is something else now on earth. We have to fight the darkside constantly. No matter who you call him, Allah, Buda, Zeus, ect. They are all god.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Probably because Ghosts are ethereal spirits -- like God. Why does it surprise you that people link those two things? I don't see why you find it "laughable".
What I find laughable is that 4,000 years later and people still believe in ghosts.....

Do I believe in "god"?

Not when "it" afflicts mankind with such unspeakable misery...

The promise of an "afterlife" *if* ~ sorta remind you of our politicians promising if elected things would be better after they won? Or dictators promising food and shelter to the poor after they took over?

After mankind has discovered all there is to know about our Multiverse and there is still no rational explanation for ghosts then I'll agree with ya.....

Last edited by plwhit; 04-04-2013 at 05:23 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 05:51 PM

462 posts, read 627,928 times
The entities and spaces are there, whether you want to call certain entities 'gods' or spaces/dimensions 'heaven' is really up to you. These are just convenient labels for what people have experienced over thousands of years of paranormal/spiritual experiences. People have worshiped humans as living gods before, and set apart pieces of land on this planet as sacred "heavens". Who's to say they aren't if someone believes them to be so? Aren't the words 'god' and 'heaven' more indicative of the lens of the beholder than whatever exists objectively (if anything truly exists objectively without observation).

Similarly, a president is just a person with some documents and constituents that back his presidency. A country is just a clump of dirt some people mapped out and said was theirs, defeating all contestants to the claim. Social/Psychological constructs, just like the spiritual concepts of 'heaven' and 'deities'.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtonfordbury View Post
The entities and spaces are there, whether you want to call certain entities 'gods' or spaces/dimensions 'heaven' is really up to you. These are just convenient labels for what people have experienced over thousands of years of paranormal/spiritual experiences. People have worshiped humans as living gods before, and set apart pieces of land on this planet as sacred "heavens". Who's to say they aren't if someone believes them to be so? Aren't the words 'god' and 'heaven' more indicative of the lens of the beholder than whatever exists objectively (if anything truly exists objectively without observation).

Similarly, a president is just a person with some documents and constituents that back his presidency. A country is just a clump of dirt some people mapped out and said was theirs, defeating all contestants to the claim. Social/Psychological constructs, just like the spiritual concepts of 'heaven' and 'deities'.
As I stated earlier, the human brain has not changed over thousands of years, it's extremely complex and has been proven over and over to see/hear and experience things that never occurred...

Some people attribute these issues to "spirits" "ghosts" "entities" "aliens" spatial energy" "dimensional flux" ...

To each his/her/it's own.....

Old 04-11-2013, 11:17 PM

13,905 posts, read 19,421,880 times
In the realm of mind, anything is possible.

Ily Lilly.

There is a well known "theory" that one will have according to his beliefs. That goes for ghosts, gods, hell, and heaven. Remember - we are all creatures of mental matter, one that dreams are made out of, and in that realm - EVRYTHING is possible, according to ones firm beliefs. So Christians will be sitting with Christ in the city of Zion, Muslims will be enjoying their heaven with beautiful virgins, and so on and so on. I do not envy those who have no faith. But Greeks already came up with one for them either - eternal wondering with no memories of what they are and where they are.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:59 AM

4,251 posts, read 4,242,394 times
There are no ghosts. People are just afraid of death, because you know what's scarier than ghosts, demons, or even hell? No existence after death. Many humans simply can NOT fathom the fact that there's nothign after death. Going to some sort of mythical Hell is easier to accept than the cease of existence. You die, your molecules become one with the universe as you decompose back into organic matter and that's it. Just imagine going to sleep one day and never waking up ever again, you won't know anything happened and you won't have any consciousness. There's nothing after you die.

Let's make the false presumption anyway that ghosts exist. If ghosts exist, then the worst possible thing they could ever do to you is kill you. But since ghosts now exist, if you are killed you can be assured of some sort of life after death, therefore there is no need then to fear death OR ghosts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal