Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 04:53 PM

18,999 posts, read 27,543,245 times

Advertisements

No, this is NOT health and fitness question. This is, actually, quite a strange observation. And I DID read wise articles online - and they do not make sense to what I observe.

Here's the thing. There is law of conservation of matter.

The law of conservation of mass, or principle of mass conservation, states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy (both of which have mass), the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as system mass cannot change quantity if it is not added or removed. Hence, the quantity of mass is "conserved" over time. The law implies that mass can neither be created nor destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space, or the entities associated with it may be changed in form, as for example when light or physical work is transformed into particles that contribute the same mass to the system as the light or work had contributed. The law implies (requires) that during any chemical reaction, nuclear reaction, or radioactive decay in an isolated system, the mass of the reactants or starting material must equal the mass of the products.

So this does make sense. Body is, for the most part, an inclosed system, unless you eat, or defecate, or urinate. Otherwise, only breathing is done.

Being on weight loss program as of the last 3 months, and successfully, I got tired of my old garage sale scale. Accordingly, I acquired a decent electronic scale with accuracy down to say .5 pound, realistically.

Here's my most peculiar observation.

1. It is the same scale used all the time, so eventually, one can build a median weight pattern.
2. I go to bed and weigh 230. 231, 232, 229, 228. So, weight is oscillating around 230.
3. I do not go pee or poo during night. I only sleep and breathe. There is no matter loss or intake, outside of breathing.
4. After I wake up, I go on the scale 1st thing BEFORE using toilet. The very first weight scale shows, is 225, 227, 226, 228, so it oscillates around 227-ish or so. OK, I lost 2-3 lb due to metabolic reactions inside of my body, and matter resulting went out through pores and with breath (which is strange by itself, but OK, I'll give that doubt some doubt)
5. But then the weird thing starts. I go urinate or defecate; I take shower or, even better, as I normally do every other morning, I go to the gym and heavily weight-lift for an hr or so. Heavily.
6. I can get on the same scale 5 minutes after the 1st am measurement, or after I return from the gym - and MY BODY IS 2-3 LBS HEAVIER. I ATE NOTHING; for what it is, I disposed of some matter or BURNT A LOT AT THE GYM. And, like I said, it's continuously the same scale, so median of all weights fluctuations start showing statistically valid PATTERN.

WHERE THE HELL DOES THAT EXTRA WEIGHT COME FROM, if I did not eat, drink, and quite opposite - burnt a lot of calories, and used restroom to DISPOSE of matter?

Please do not repost same articles I already read on Google. And no, I shall keep weighing myself every day, as now I am most curious - where does that mass/weight increase come from? As, according the the law of conservation of energy, if I did not put anything into my mouth (ha-ha, no, not there either), body weight should be diclining after all the activities, not increasing.

The only explanation that I can logically see, is that inbreathing draws some matter in, and combines it with the body matter right after awakening. Which 2-3 lbs of breathed in matter is a lot for breath, don't you think? Or, true it be, during sleep, call is "astral" matter is leaving the body and then returns for ADLs, thus increasing its weight.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,185,465 times
It's not recommended to weigh yourself a few times a day, it proves nothing.....

How to Accurately Measure Weight Loss

~ Only weighing yourself once a week, not every day
~ Always weighing first thing in the morning, before eating/drinking and after using the bathroom
~ Looking at the pattern of weight loss over time, rather than worrying if you’ve stayed the same or gone up in one particular week
~ Judging your success by the fit of your clothes, your energy and the good habits you’re forming – not just by the number on the scales.
~ Measure inches and body fat percentage instead of just weight.

Weight Fluctuations: Why Do They Happen?

I would point my finger at your bodies Glycogen Stores more than astral matter leaving your body...

Methinks the "normal" body weight fluctuation can be 2% over a 24 hour period.

Are you saying that this "astral stuff" weighs more than your soul which according to another thread here only weighs 50 grams?

Something that can weigh over 4 pounds?

Search the web on weight fluctuations and forget about this astral gobbledegook.....

Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 PM

18,999 posts, read 27,543,245 times
Why do people just must repeat same Google articles you read, even when asked not to?
Soul has nothing to do with this, as if you woke up and stood and took steps - your soul is back in the body. So the 1st scale run already has that weight in it.
I understand body fluctuations over 24 hrs. That's fine by me.
What I do not understand, how - over the period of over 30 days now - is it possible for a body mass/weight to be 2-3 lbs heavier in less than 5 minutes after awakening without any matter intake or, even, after matter expenditure, as in heavy exercise?
WHERE DOES THE WEIGHT COME FROM? Or matter? Glycogen or not, The law implies that mass can neither be created nor destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space,. Where do those pounds come from? And I shall weigh MY body as much as I want to.
As of the "astral" matter, that was used for laymen. In actuality, it is solid, fluid, airy, and radiant matters we are composed from. I simply called it "astral" as most are not familiar with concepts. And that matter is moved through the body by fourfold breath.
I am actually challenging those who read my thread to do same, and post results. For about a month, to work out scale tolerances fluctuations and get to median results. Would have been interesting to know, if they all do same - get lighter ove night, then suddenly heavier out of nothing. Btw, articles about body weight fluctuations all quack about them being "normal" but none actually explains why it fluctuates.
Oh, yes, and for the truth sake - weight does creep up slowly towards the end of the day. Sure enough, I ate and drunk. Do none of that in the morning yet - it does get heavier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.