U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:39 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,948,242 times

Advertisements

If I were you I would try to get your hands on some real DMT and rid this ugly beast from your world.

Or MDMA

..:: DMT - THE SPIRIT MOLECULE | DOCUMENTARY ::..

Dimethyltryptamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 09:30 PM

10 posts, read 14,694 times
Default Photo

This photo I have is weird. Can anybody make anything of this? Thanks

Paranormal; paralytic sleep; evil-odd-spirit-photo.jpg

Old 07-27-2013, 12:21 AM

6,216 posts, read 5,369,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeseryboy View Post
This photo I have is weird. Can anybody make anything of this? Thanks
Looks to me like a digital image with some artifacts introduced by fiddling with things like saturation and contrast in Photoshop, maybe in an attempt to bring out details and/or lighten it up. Hard to tell what it is. The hazy area to the right resembles a young lady in a knee length skirt starting to bend over, but I suspect that's just pareidolia given the image's small size and low quality.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:15 AM

Default Photograph

Yeah, I guess. However I do get it. That is to say, I understand being skeptical and questioning everything to make sense of exactly what is in front of you. How can something you can't see or feel move something physical in our world or verbalize words without vocal cords being physically present? The answer is, I have no freaking idea! However, what I can say is that this stuff is very and very present. Not very long ago, I would have been the last person to make that statement.

With regards to my photograph, "vsily" is right. I "fiddled" with the saturation, contrast, and lighting only to see if there was something I was missing in the original. BELOW IS THE ORIGINAL.

Paranormal; paralytic sleep; evil-paranormal-experiences-what-spirit-attachment.jpg

Old 07-27-2013, 10:18 AM

That's a pretty low quality image. Humans are good at seeing patterns in things ... that's why you can see castles in the clouds. The lower quality the image, the more ambiguous it gets ... you're losing information in the image, not gaining it when an image is small/out of focus/corrupted etc.

One example of our tendency to see patterns would be the "face" people see in the Cydonia mesa on Mars ... when a later image was taken by a higher quality camera, the face disappeared. An example closer to home is the Great Stone Face that used to be a tourist attraction in NH until it collapsed in 2003:

Old Man of the Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's pareidolia. In addition to the low resolution problem, you have artifacts introduced by the camera and by any digital manipulations done in a program like Photoshop. An example of this would be rods, or so-called "sky fish", which have been shown to be the result of the video camera blurring the image of a fast flying insect. Another would be the occasional "mystery" videos showing a very out of focus insect crawling over a surveillance camera lens, or the many pictures of orbs out there, or the weird things lens flare and overexposure/underexposure can sometime do.

In your photograph, the "ghost" looks to me like something that got in front of the lens while you were snapping the picture, with motion blur due to a longish exposure, and which was so close to the lens that it has an "ectoplasmic" look to it. I've seen "ghost" photos taken outdoors where an oddly shaped leaf was photographed falling in front of a camera lens. Not only can our eyes and minds fool us, but the camera can often add to the confusion. There's something white at the bottom of the picture, and I have to wonder if that has something to do with creating the "mist" effect.

I've also seen weird photos that turned out to be the photog's finger or the camera's strap falling in front of the lens, and totally out of focus. The other thing to be cautious about is confirmation bias: if we come to believe there are spirits that can be seen in photographs, we'll tend to interpret strange things in photographs as spirits. See:

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 PM

15,366 posts, read 24,716,088 times
To me it looked like you were taking a picture of your dog, and he ran as the shot was being done. I try to take photos with my phone camera and the kitties foil it up All The Time. That's that it looks like on my phone.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:36 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Yeah, I guess. However I do get it. That is to say, I understand being skeptical and questioning everything to make sense of exactly what is in front of you. How can something you can't see or feel move something physical in our world or verbalize words without vocal cords being physically present? The answer is, I have no freaking idea! However, what I can say is that this stuff is very and very present. Not very long ago, I would have been the last person to make that statement.

With regards to my photograph, "vsily" is right. I "fiddled" with the saturation, contrast, and lighting only to see if there was something I was missing in the original. BELOW IS THE ORIGINAL.

Attachment 115158
Is your paranormal sleep issue still occurring?

Old 07-27-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I guess. However I do get it. That is to say, I understand being skeptical and questioning everything to make sense of exactly what is in front of you. How can something you can't see or feel move something physical in our world or verbalize words without vocal cords being physically present?
Easy if you have a keen "sixth" sense. I can feel others energy a mile away.

I can't explain how Lucid Dreaming occurs but I have experienced it.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:52 AM

With regards to the paranormal sleep, yes I am still having issues, however it has happened hundreds of times so I am able to deal with it better. A couple of days ago, as I was falling asleep with my eyes just resting, the.. blinds covering 1 of my bedroom windows jumped up and slammed against the window. I was a bit shocked, however I was more shocked after having been woken in the middle of the night. Understand, that these or not just lucid dreams They're much more than that. I dream every evening and these or not dreams. These happen infrequent but when they happen you know it's much more than a dream. I just don't know how to explain it.

With regards 2 the second paragraph, referred to in one of the post, I'm not really sure what that means.

After looking at that photograph for a couple of minutes, I realized a translucent outline of a s*** eatin grin skull in the center of the photo and no, I didn't doctor this photograph up nor did I add anything to it but I certainly understand the skeptics and well... I just don't care. It is what it is...

Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 PM

If you mean the wavy image artifacts to the left of the white hazy object, I see a shape vaguely resembling a face turned slightly to the right. But the wavy area is just an artifact related to the image's poor quality. Our brains are hardwired to look for faces in things; the images on the following link haven't been doctored, either (see in particular the towel with the face on it):

Photo From The World: Photo of Pareidolia

This is pareidolia, the same reason people see Jesus on a tortilla, or Mother Teresa on a cinnamon bun (or hear voices in white or pink noise). Or if you prefer, matrixing, which is the label TV ghost hunters seem to want to give it, for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal