U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 01:44 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,948,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeseryboy View Post
Understand, that these or not just lucid dreams
I agree what you are describing are not Lucid Dreams. I wish you could record your room at night in the areas where these things tend to happen.

Not sure which post or what paragraph you are referring to when you mention the 2 the second paragraph...

I will show you how to quote people. You hit the quote button on the post your want to respond to and if there is only one sentence in the post you can limit the quote to just that phrase or sentence vs. quoting the entire post. OK for example if I want to quote your sentence "With regards 2 the second paragraph, referred to in one of the post, I'm not really sure what that means."

You copy the first part of the posters quote bracket that contains their username. Everything that is within the brackets must be copied including the brackets. So for this Example I need this entire bracket: [quote=jeseryboy;30700567]

Then cut and paste the sentence from the post you want to respond to right after these brackets.

Then you must close the quote with a bracket [ immediately followed by a forward slash / immediately followed the word quote immediately followed by the closed bracket ] no spaces.

The result is this...
Quote:
With regards 2 the second paragraph, referred to in one of the post, I'm not really sure what that means.
Then delete out or cut out the rest of the post that you are not responding to.

Sorry if I did not explain it well. It is not easy to explain and I was fortunate to have another CD poster teach me how to do it.

Last edited by TVC15; 07-28-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 01:56 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
I will demonstrate in 3 posts so you can see what I am doing.

1. Copy posters bracket that you see at the very top left corner when you hit the quote button.

[quote=jeseryboy;30700567]

Old 07-28-2013, 01:58 PM

2. Cut and paste the sentence you are quoting.

With regards 2 the second paragraph, referred to in one of the post, I'm not really sure what that means.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:00 PM

3. Type this at the end of the sentence with no spaces. [/quote]

That's it!

Maybe there is a tutorial somewhere but when I first joined I could not for the life of me figure out how to quote just a single sentence from a post.

And this is how you do it.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 PM

6,216 posts, read 5,369,791 times
FYI, I looked at the page source ... C-D forums are implemented with vBulletin; there are a lot of tutorials out there for vBulletin users. Here's one on BBCode, the markup language used for doing things like fonts and quotes:

BBCode Tutorial

Here is the official vBulletin help page:

Help - vBulletin Community Forum

Old 07-28-2013, 09:48 PM

10 posts, read 14,694 times
Hey thanks for the information TVC15. I appreciate the time you took to share that with me.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Hey thanks for the information TVC15. I appreciate the time you took to share that with me.
My pleasure. I wished someone would have explained it to me when I was new! I had to ask. It is not easy to explain. You can quote multiple sentences individually as well.

Try it with this post and see if it works. I fear that I did not explain it well.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:47 PM

6,701 posts, read 5,915,825 times
It could be that you experiencing the start of out of body experiences OOBE or what is known as astral projection. It is said that many people feel pinned down, not being able to move, and also get various physical sensation such as tingling, vibrating, as well as noises pops, whistles, creaks, etc.when this first starts to happen. However, as it goes on and they realise what it is, then things get easier and these sensations become a natural way to signal that this is happening to them. If they just relax and let it happen, it seems that it happens in an easier way and without the aprehension associated with it. The feeling that someone is breathing on the back of the neck may be a physical sensation which you feel when this OOBE effect is happening to you or it could be you physically hearing your own breathing which is probably heavy (almost snoring perhaps?) when this is happening. We are all different and the sensations we feel and the indicators that we are going OOB are going to be different for each of us too.

It is possible that there are other entities there as well, but I think we need to look at the more 'natural' explanations first. Basically, we just dont understand all that goes on when we fall asleep and these things might be a natural part of our lives which most of us have not discovered yet.

If it helps, I have fairly often felt as if I have been 'dropped' from about a foot above my bed and it is not just a feeling either, but a phyical reality so that the whole bed rocks as I 'fall'. I explain it to myself as it could just be a huge twitch. These smaller twitches I sometimes get as I am falling asleep and which I believe is me being 'reeled back into my body' like a fishing line as something has disturbed the separation of my astral body with my physical body.

When I come back quickly, my astral slams into my physical body and I get my heart pounding quickly in my chest. I often get a bit of a headache after this happens too and that lasts maybe a couple of hours until my physical and astral have 'aligned' themselves properly with one another. This huge heart pounding waking up event is something which you probably should not take much notice of, because when your body learns to come back normally and gently, it will not shock your body so much and you will not have these heart -pounding experiences.

If there are other dimensions out there, then it is likely we are multi-dimensional beings ourselves but trapped in a consciousness which does not remember and does not know how to get out. Our sleep time when we are not normally conscious is one opportunity for our real mult-dimensional anatomy to expand and to explore and I believe that what we remember consciously is just a miniscule amount of the real travelling done when we sleep.

Hope this helps the OP and others to know what happens to me, and I assume, probably others too.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:55 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,928,625 times
Twitches as you fall asleep are quite common. Nothing paranormal about them.

I think this thread is a fishing expedition or a writing experiment. Or something.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:58 AM

4,970 posts, read 5,428,955 times
Paralysis on the verge of sleep is normal. The reason for the sense of evil or fear is because you are still conscious when you are paralysed and you don't understand why you can't control your self (your body is still asleep, but your mind is awake). So you panic. Because you are still half asleep, you can have dream related hallucinations while having this experience. Fear produces frightening hallucinations of an auditory and visual nature, such as scary monsters, smells, noises etc.. none of which are real. These are just like what you would get in any dream or nightmare except you are consciously aware of them, so you think they are real. There is nothing unusual about any of it. The best thing to do is that when you next become consciously aware of being body asleep-mind awake, don't panic and just understand it for what it is, you will get no scary hallucinations or whatever, because they come from your own fear. Sleep paralysis is a normal function your brain operates when asleep to stop you acting out your dreams. No "demons". All of these "paranormal" things happening to you are dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal