Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 02:05 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,176,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
dreams are the subconscious mind trying to make sense of emotions....

we take in facts, senses, feelings, emotions, everyday and we try to file all that data in safe places

but when some data is conflicted or not dealt with, or neatly filed away,,,,dreams will try to do it for us,,, and not always in the way we would choose
I tend to see dreams as simply "stories," sometimes interesting, other times puzzling or nonsensical and some that push buttons. The latter are those that seem clearly to be pulling their material from emotions and situations that are not settled well in my mind. The OP was asking - as I understood it - if the people in the dreams were making comments to be addressed to the dreamer, and my feeling is that I am making comments to myself about persons and situations through an "actor" in a dream.

And then there are those dreams that are entirely shapes and patterns....they puzzle me more that dreams with people or animals in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 02:07 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,370 times
I had a mysterious Russian woman tell my fortune in a dream she said the guy I loved, loved me too.Dreams are a little portal to the otherworld and part of our intuitive understanding.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:51 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,935,627 times
When I took a psychodynamic psychology course in grad school, the professor had us keep dream journals. The instruction was to keep a notebook and pen next to our beds, and write down whatever we'd dream. Later, we were to think about what happened in the dream and see if we could make sense of it in the context of what had been happening to us lately.

In almost all cases, I could correlate the themes and events in my dreams with something recent, though there were some strange ones that seemed to come out of nowhere. And people and pets from long ago show up regularly in them. When I have a dream that on waking seems to have deep meaning to me, it always involves running or still water. Current theory is that dreaming has to do with memory consolidation - with making the connections that create meaning, and pruning old connections that aren't used any longer. Mammals and birds dream - and dreaming seems to be necessary for health. It seems even artificial intelligences dream - here is what Google's image search AI dreams about:

http://bit.ly/2rlKg1j

Although there may be paranormal or spiritual aspects intruding in some of our dreams, it appears the majority of them are equivalent to running a memory cleanup program on your PC.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:32 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,370 times
Maybe it's just me but I never have dull rehash of the day dreams,my dreams are always mystical,magical,night skies with a strong spiritual quality.

Are we really so mechanical,reasoned and robotic now that everything has to be reduced to ideas like fragmenting,memory processing,systems etc like we're machines instead of people with spirits.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:58 AM

1,487 posts, read 781,012 times
Default Passed out cold while sink was running

I had a conversation while I was passed out in January 2017. I had taken a cord and tied it tight around the top of each leg where it meets your torso. That's the sciatic nerve, which has it's own disorder, but it flares up with DDD, which I've had for 18 years. Pain is unbearable sometimes. I was feeling no pain then. I cut off the circulation of my legs, more?
I was running water to start a sink full of dishes. I went into the bedroom to change into my cleaning clothes, and I don't remember anything after turning on the bedroom.light.
While I was out, I was sitting on a riverbank next to a river which was flowing so smooth, talking to this little man who was smiling and listening to me. Man, I told him everything that had occurred in the last twenty years. He kept saying" You know you have to go, you have to leave and you know why". I kept saying "I know, I know, but I want to talk more. I don't have anybody anymore to talk to". He kept saying " You have to leave, you have to go". His tone became urgent. I woke up, went to the kitchen, and the whole kitchen was flooded. It took 15 towels, 3 blankets and a few big shirts I had to sop it up. It remained in my apt, didn't seep through. I got lucky. I figure I was out ten minutes or so. It takes a standard size sink four minutes to fill.
Who was that kind, attentive, beautiful man? He was small, and looked Asian/Indian(?). He radiated warmth. I didn't want to leave. I woke up reluctantly, and no I wasn't dead. I had divine help, I guess, so I didn't get into trouble for flooding the kitchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal