Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:13 AM

70 posts, read 106,765 times

Advertisements

What is your favorite episode of Ghost Adventures? I have numerous, so I was interested in others takes on "The Best".

Zach, Nick, Arron... you guys are my heros!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
I really liked both their shows on Bobby Mackey's Music World. What a scary place that is!

I also liked the Goldfield Hotel. Another spooky place!

But the gold standard would have to be their trip to the Old Washoe Club where they filmed clear footage of a full-bodied apparition following Nick out of a room. That was great!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:47 AM

990 posts, read 2,555,938 times
Generally, I like the show....

Where they lose me is... every other week, one of the guys gets "possessed" by an evil spirit.

If it happened once, I'd be impressed, but happening all the time seems...hokey.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Generally, I like the show....

Where they lose me is... every other week, one of the guys gets "possessed" by an evil spirit.

If it happened once, I'd be impressed, but happening all the time seems...hokey.
not to be rude but real investigations are dangerous, the possibility is always there especially how they investigate... provocation

you must have a favorite episode tho

Old 04-23-2013, 01:22 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,040 times
My only real complaint about the show is how often they use psychics as part of their pre-investigative tour. I'm not a fan of so called psychics since there's no way to actually verify their abilities and I've never been a big believer of psychics since 99% of them tend to be a bunch of frauds.

Nothing beats the Goldfield Hotel though, still can't get over that damn brick being thrown.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Favorite would have to be Sloss. Gotta go with the home team.

Beyond that the bobby Mackey ones are the most disturbing. That place is messed up.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Favorite would have to be Sloss. Gotta go with the home team.

Beyond that the bobby Mackey ones are the most disturbing. That place is messed up.
Sloss was excellent! That was the first time I'd seen an investigation over there. I believe after that other shows like Ghost Hunters went there too.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
My only real complaint about the show is how often they use psychics as part of their pre-investigative tour. I'm not a fan of so called psychics since there's no way to actually verify their abilities and I've never been a big believer of psychics since 99% of them tend to be a bunch of frauds.

Nothing beats the Goldfield Hotel though, still can't get over that damn brick being thrown.
Ghost Adventures and psychics? I mean if you want to talk shows that are big on psychics I would say Paranormal State was one, but I wouldn't think of Ghost Adventures.

Seems to me that mostly in the pre-investigation tours they talk to the locals and witnesses, not psychics. I admit I haven't seen some of the newer episodes. Have they added their own psychics to their lineup of staff?

Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Ghost Adventures and psychics? I mean if you want to talk shows that are big on psychics I would say Paranormal State was one, but I wouldn't think of Ghost Adventures.

Seems to me that mostly in the pre-investigation tours they talk to the locals and witnesses, not psychics. I admit I haven't seen some of the newer episodes. Have they added their own psychics to their lineup of staff?
I havn't noticed any psychics being used also, do you remember the episodes? I'll have to double check. Zak is big on evidence that can be seen and heard and tends to shy away from "the feelings" as his evidence even though they will tell you what they are feeling to give you an idea of the atmosphere of the location. If you've ever been on an investigation you're recording, from my own experience, I will tell the camera what I am feeling to kind of mark the evidence for closer investigation... cause I'm just cool like that

Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaComm View Post
I havn't noticed any psychics being used also, do you remember the episodes? I'll have to double check. Zak is big on evidence that can be seen and heard and tends to shy away from "the feelings" as his evidence even though they will tell you what they are feeling to give you an idea of the atmosphere of the location. If you've ever been on an investigation you're recording, from my own experience, I will tell the camera what I am feeling to kind of mark the evidence for closer investigation... cause I'm just cool like that
No. Absolutely not. Maybe the poster that wrote that has Ghost Adventures mixed up with another show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal