Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what is your favorite, most compelling ufo cases? Even you skeptics a case that makes you say "hmm..maybe something odd did happen"?

I already made a thread about the Ruwa, Zimbabwe. Its definitely pretty interesting.

My favorites include

Roswell ...of course.
Rendlesham Forest
Phoenix Lights

A pretty basic list I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Kecksburg, Pennsylvania.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
I just read the book Fire in the Sky about the famous Travis Walton case for the first time. It's pretty compelling as there were many witnesses and Travis really did disappear off the face of the earth for 5 days. Travis himself has stayed very consistent in the retelling of his story too (though TV and movies haven't been so kind).

Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,059 times
Aztec incident in northern New Mexico. Book that documents this alien crash: "The Aztec Incident: Recovery at Hart Canyon" by Scott and Suzanne Ramsy, Dr Frank Thayer and Frank Warren

Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I just read the book Fire in the Sky about the famous Travis Walton case for the first time. It's pretty compelling as there were many witnesses and Travis really did disappear off the face of the earth for 5 days. Travis himself has stayed very consistent in the retelling of his story too (though TV and movies haven't been so kind).
Yeah it is one of the weirdest abductions that still to this day has been unique and not solved and the way that it happened has to be the most real account of how I saw never get out of the truck if you see a ufo on a logging road in the middle of nowhere.

But his friends tried to get him to go back to the truck and after he was hit by something from the UFO his friends thought he was dead and even though they got out of there they went back for him but by then he was gone.

I mean he still speaks from time to time and he sounds like no matter what something happened to him be it UFO or something else that was covered up since in the mid-70's we would of been testing some funky things during the middle of the Cold War.

Heck the F-117 was thought to be a UFO in the 80's and we had Nerva Nuclear Rockets and were also at the end of the space race.

Travis Walton Fire in the Sky 2011 International UFO Congress - YouTube
Travis Walton is the subject of the Paramount Studios movie, Fire in the Sky, based on his book of the same name. His close encounter has become recognized as the best documented case of alien abduction ever recorded. Mr. Walton speaks to audiences and media around the world to share what it has been like living through the ordeal of the experience and aftermath the media frenzy had caused in his life and how he is doing today.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
I've gotta admit... If I was in Travis' shoes I would have walked up to it too. But I've been face to face with the unknown before... just not aliens.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
It was dark out one time around a fire at a remote area and we both had heavy military fire power and were drinking, we were talking about being abducted by aliens and we heard a noise in the woods (keep in mind we were in the middle of no where) so we started shooting wildly into the woods. Probably sasquach.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,819 times
I have sighted five UFOs:

1) three (fuchsia, blue, and golden) huge lights on the positions of vertices of a triangle; they were completely stationary for at least fifteen minutes
2) a brilliant light which reached a superluminal speed within a second or two from a completely stationary position in the sky.
3) a brilliant light which "jumped" from one place to another in the sky, and then disappeared.
4) a dark spherical object with a "band" in the equatorial region with dots on the band
5) a thick brilliant beam of light travelling towards the ground in a mountain at a very high speed

They were "unidentified flying or stationary objects" in the sky.

In fact, such objects were apparently sighted by many millions of people globally. One of my neighbors has sighted a huge UFO flying right above our building. Air force officers all over the world have sighted extraterrestrial spaceships up close within yards, which would hover over or remain stationary over nuclear weapon storages for hours at a time: Disclosure Conference, National Press Club 27 Sept 2010 - YouTube

I have spoken to hundreds of people on the street raising awareness of the phenomenon. I'd say about 10 to 15% of the people I spoke to have sighted UFOs and a larger percentage of people know of people who have sighted UFOs. I even spoke with people with experiences of abduction by extraterrestrial beings.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 AM

194 posts, read 300,370 times
For me it would have to be The Battle of Tehran, a second would be that one (the name escapes me) in France in the '50s when that family was involved in a siege with aliens, but no alien bodies were recovered.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
What I saw in my own back yard, twice.

A huge orange ball behind some trees very low to the ground. It seem to glow from within.

A shaft of light shining in our windows in the pitch dark when we lived way out in the country. No car, no plane, no helicopter, total silence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal