Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Either you believe or don't, and I tend to believe some people have been given special gifts that 99% of us do not have. I am not talking about Ms. Cleo on 1-800- psychic hotline, but people like John Edward.

Some years ago I was in turmoil about my career and wasn't sure what my next move should be. A girl who worked for me was the Daughter of a very prominent Attorney and she was telling me about this old Italian lady who was a medium. She said her Father and other Attorneys would not go to trial until they consulted with her first, and she felt this lady was the real deal. After some discussion, I had this girl make an appointment with this medium for me, and I was very skeptical. Now you have to understand that this girl who worked for me and I had a very close relationship and she told me all she gave the medium was my name and that was it, so I know the medium had no chance to prelearn anything about me. She would not take just anyone off the street, you had to know someone.

The day I went to visit her I was greeted by an older lady who looked like anyone's Grandmom. She sat me down at a table and gave me 3 sheets of paper and a pen and told me to take notes. She said "I will not tell you anything I see that is not good, like if I see you are going to die, but otherwise I will tell you everything else I see." I played the game and didn't give her any clues because I wanted to make sure she wasn't using anything I said to help her create a believable story.

She started with tea leaves then went on to Taro cards. She held up a card and said, "Oh, you have twins and they were born 9 minutes apart !" She then went on to tell me that I should stop remodeling my house as it would sell and I would make a good profit. She also said I should watch out for a guy named Joe, and she saw me with palm trees.

We WERE remodeling our house, we did have twins, and there was a guy named Joe who was making my life a living hell at work. But we lived in Pennsylvania and palm trees do not grow there very well. She also told me a lot of other stuff and named names and dates that no one could have known.

When I got home I read my notes to my wife and told her that she was 100% accurate except that she said our kids were born 9 minutes apart and they actually were born 11 minutes apart. My wife said "No, we have been saying they were born 11 minutes apart, but I recently found their birth certificate and they were born 9 minutes apart ! "

Oh, and a few months later a neighbor approached me to buy my house because her Daughter was getting divorced and she needed a home for her. I sold the house and made a nice profit. 3 months later I was offered a job and moved to California, and one day while I was driving down the highway I looked up and there were.................PALM TREES ! Everything that lady said was right on the money and she said things no one knew. She was not vague at all and gave very specific details and even said my wife was having back problems and it was in the lower lumbar region. My wife was a nurse and was having problems in that area of her back.

We eventually moved back to Pa and I looked her up but found out she had died.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 AM

332 posts, read 868,375 times
Any chance this psychic is in the midatlantic area? I am looking for one or a reader with positive feedback or referrals in the midatlantic area, va, md, dc, nyc, pa?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
Yes I do, I have been seeing the same pyschic for years and she is amazing. She names NAMES, she always knows things. The one time I went against her advice things ended horribly. But she's still always been there for me.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I really don't believe in this stuff...that being said, for some odd reason, I can't explain, I did have two separate psychic readings, and both were dead on...it was amazing. And very insightful...

So, will I have another one? I don't know...I don't seek them, it just randomly occurs...

Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,029 times
I have had two readings. Both failed miserably, I didn't set there and let them feed off my emotions over a slight hit of some kind. I did answer yes or no to all their questions. I still had to pay for them though.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:58 PM

472 posts, read 570,581 times
I sometimes read my horoscope at the end of the day, just for laughs.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:07 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
I sometimes read my horoscope at the end of the day, just for laughs.
Astrology and a psychic reading are two very different things.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:15 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
had 3 in my lifetime-----all were on target--one came with a request from the reader to join his coven--scared me--never went back even tho his was most detailed with dates and times and a now realistic future prediction

Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM

472 posts, read 570,581 times
Watch Sylvia Browne screws up again Video | Break.com

Old 09-07-2013, 08:48 AM

5 posts, read 12,132 times
Yes, I believe that we all can develop our psychic intuition, but some are born with a sharper sense than others. Its like any skill; I can practice my guitar every day for hours but I was not born with the innate talent of Paco de Lucia. Yes, I can improve over time, but I was not gifted with the ability. This is how I view psychics; some have clearer insight than others. Their gifts are of varying degrees. Some can look into past lives, some can read auras, others can communicate with spirits. Each one is different, each has their strengths. Then again, there are those whose skills are very limited, and rely on "reading" facial expressions and other non verbal cues. The woman that I trust does all of her readings over the phone. I was skeptical at first, but after she revealed some things I hadn't mentioned I began to trust her. After our first reading I didn't speak to her for a few months because I didn't want to believe what she said. But, when it happened, I called her back, and she has helped me ever since. If anyone is interested, visit her website, which is called Ask Psychic Cynthia Ann. She also has a FB page called Spiritual Guidance and Healing with Cynthia Ann. I believe she is running a contest there too. I don't know if this forum will allow the link to her pages, so I'll just leave her number if anyone wants to call her 2088743325

Old 09-07-2013, 07:41 PM

112 posts, read 177,380 times
I tried it only once, as I can sorta deal with that issue myself. Impressed, hardly. the person had no motr "psychic ability" than a tree, well maybe not that mch. He was good at reading people, all the nonverbal "stuff" one gets in post grad. degrees in Psychology, Counseling, of course, MD in Psychiatry, for instances. If you have the "gift", good for you.Consider yourself fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal