Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 06:05 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,091,324 times

Advertisements

I did once. Was complete miss on the predictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 10:34 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,047,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I believe in it, I have been to them, and I am a psychic reader. Not a medium.
What is the difference between a reader and a medium?

Old 05-19-2013, 08:57 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,652,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
What is the difference between a reader and a medium?
A medium specifically can connect with those who have passed on.

There are many kinds of readers for psychic ability has its own set of senses; sight, touch-physical, known as psychometrics, feeling- sense of anothers pain be it physical or emotional, smell/taste, knowing - which is called intuition.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,361,708 times
I'm going to a medium whenever I can have one recommended to me. I don't want to do it over the phone, so it would need to be someone in the Oklahoma City area. The only problem is that I don't know anyone around here who has been to one here to be able to recommend one, and I don't trust the numbers you can call to have one recommended.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I'm going to a medium whenever I can have one recommended to me. I don't want to do it over the phone, so it would need to be someone in the Oklahoma City area. The only problem is that I don't know anyone around here who has been to one here to be able to recommend one, and I don't trust the numbers you can call to have one recommended.
One of the reading I have received is over the phone. She was incredibly accurate. Her name is Georgia O'Connor.

Google Georgia Oconnor the spirit messenger. She is the best.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:08 AM

6,918 posts, read 6,833,736 times
Quote:
Who said anything about the future?
A good number of psychic readings have nothing to do with the future and all the genuine psychics I know of are not making any claims of the future.
I think you are getting 'fortune telling' mixed up with psychic readings.
...and what makes you an expert in something which is different for each person.

I am sure there are a whole range of topics which get discussed in a 'reading' and no-one knows what will come up. Is one topic 'better' than another.

There is absolutely no difference between a medium and a psychic, the two are the same and whether the psychic uses their abilities in a fairground or in a private house or wherever, makes no difference to the ability.

You can define either how you like but I do not think anyone will be able to classify a psychic as a 'fortune teller' or a 'medium' because those who do both have phychic abilities which other people are seeking for advice. If the 'best' advice means referring to "the future" or "the past" should they not give the 'best' advice because you are going to call them a "fortune teller"? Thats ridiculous.

What you have said above makes no sense unless you discuss what "the future" is and whether there is one. A genuine psychic probably understands more about the nature of time than you or I, and science is only just starting to find out that everything is 'now' and linear time is an illusion.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:05 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,498,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
...and what makes you an expert in something which is different for each person.

I am sure there are a whole range of topics which get discussed in a 'reading' and no-one knows what will come up. Is one topic 'better' than another.

I don't think OwlKaMyst has ever called herself an expert, nor tried to pass herself off as an expert on any of these threads on any topic. She was pointing out the difference in the two words psychic/medium.

There is nothing worse than a person with limited knowledge or experience who uses various words differently from those who work in various fields. I noticed that a lot of discussions on CD fail to critically define words. So maybe someone can put up a link that defines each word?

I see the misuse of words quite often in the psychology forum and the true crime forum.

As for the question, "Is one topic "better" than another", I would think the person being read might think one topic is better than another since people often go to psychics for a reason.

And btw, I am no expert either, ocpaul20.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:11 PM

472 posts, read 569,344 times
Sylvia Browne has really screwed up. More than once. That's just one psychic, given a chance to make a difference, who has really screwed things up.

I give absolutely no credibility to psychics, because of this and because of a further list of reasons.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,059,313 times
It is a tendency to go back and try to make what is said to you by a psychic fit. For example, I had a reading by semi well known psychic several months ago. She predicted something would happen in February. It did in fact happen at the end of March. However, the trick is in the free will part (February, March, it's no big deal that difference.) She told me I would respond to the event in a certain way. I told her at the time I would not and she was firm that I would. Well, I held my ground and did not. Still, her predictions to an extent can be made to fit. Just a lot less dramatic possibly because I chose not do what she said I would. Hopefully the second half of the prediction will completely happen. I will go along with the second prediction , rather than fight it.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,849,306 times
I had a reading paid for by my sister who thought I needed it after a hard divorce of mine. This lady supposedly had readings for several different US Presidents, not that I know that to be true. She hit the nail on the head in regards to my sister and our parents relationships- both parents have been dead for decades and sister had issues with both at the time of death. Otherwise, everything she said was BS. I still have the tape recording of it and play it occasionally for the fun of it. I'm of the opinion there are just too many decisions to be made in our lives for one person to be able to say what's going to happen. If it happens like they say, it's purely coincidental. After all, even a stopped watch is right twice a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal