Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:55 AM

12,704 posts, read 14,876,224 times

Advertisements

When I was a child in the 80s, I collected porcelain dolls AND BOUGHT THEM NEW FROM THE STORE and never previously owned/antique stores, etc. Back then, haunted dolls weren't even talked about & I sure never thought about it back then. Heck no would I buy anything that is known to be haunted! I'll never buy anything known to be previously owned anyway & I hate antiques.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 11:03 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,652,630 times
i remember haunted dolls being talked about in the 80's, second half of it anyway with movies like 'Dolls' and 'Child's Play', it became popular refrence material. Everyone was talking about Chucky!

'Hate antiques'....that amusing and bewildering at the same time.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:56 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,770,867 times
I used to buy a lot of art off ebay. there was a seller on there years ago who had a crazy disabled brother who lived in a cabin behind his home. I guess he was too nuts to live in the house with the rest of the family. His brother heard voices, paced and could not coexists with society. He stayed locked up in this cabin 24/7 drawing art. His drawings were amazing, creative beyond belief and extraordinarily demonic in nature. He would break into sweats drawing them and often convulse. The story prompted on ebay was he had direct communication with demons and with some drawings even the devil.

This seller sold 10-15 drawings a week for no less then $300 each to his cult like followers. I never bought one, but followed the auctions for years and it was quite interesting.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:38 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,153,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I've been on eBay forever, too & have seen all kinds of things sold on there as "haunted".

We were in Key West about 15 years ago & went to see the "Robert" doll at the museum. We really could see his expression change when you looked at him/spoke to him. Nothing evil--just a little sad or forlorn. Robert The Doll

Interesting,, thanks for sharing that. I've always been interested in the story of that doll.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:30 PM

50 posts, read 58,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I've been on eBay forever, too & have seen all kinds of things sold on there as "haunted".

We were in Key West about 15 years ago & went to see the "Robert" doll at the museum. We really could see his expression change when you looked at him/spoke to him. Nothing evil--just a little sad or forlorn. Robert The Doll
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
i remember haunted dolls being talked about in the 80's, second half of it anyway with movies like 'Dolls' and 'Child's Play', it became popular refrence material. Everyone was talking about Chucky!

'Hate antiques'....that amusing and bewildering at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
Interesting,, thanks for sharing that. I've always been interested in the story of that doll.
A lot of people don't know this but The Chucky movies were actually based off of Robert the Doll.

I remember I went to see Robert the Doll at the museum myself and couldn't bring myself to look at him straight in the eyes... I was scared he was going to start doing evil things to me.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,770,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoleaveFL View Post
A lot of people don't know this but The Chucky movies were actually based off of Robert the Doll.

I remember I went to see Robert the Doll at the museum myself and couldn't bring myself to look at him straight in the eyes... I was scared he was going to start doing evil things to me.
Hey Chucky even stared in the Super Bowl commercials. Give ole Chucky a break! He's come a long way,

Old 02-05-2014, 08:29 AM

112 posts, read 177,148 times
I'll stick to buying "weapons" that supposedly have some "paranormal activity" attached to them recently or in the past. Dolls might be "cute" but I would prefer having a sidearm supposedly carried by "Stonewall Jackson", and wearing when he was mortally wounded, if some uninvited character decides to make a late night visit. Doubt a doll aiming a "doll" at him/her would would have the same effect as a gun. Hell, now how would they know it wasn't loaded nor ever will be. I rest my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal