Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 08:13 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your kind replies. It is a comforting thought that our loved ones are still with us..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 07:24 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I have had signs from my grandma, father and close cousin. It was a feeling or a quirky out of place thing happening followed by sort of a feeling of a "smile", like "Yes, I'm here for you." I never looked for signs, they just appeared with the feeling. And, with animals, when walking my current dogs, they will turn and wag their tails at nothing, or what appears to be nothing. I have come to believe that Duchess comes to walk with us, following us down the paths that she walked while still in her earthly body. It is comforting feeling. She was the best dog I ever had, the best friend too.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:22 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
After my grandma died, she visited me in a dream, in her younger, healthier self, took me to this beautiful place that I remember describing as heaven (bright, pearly, just a lot of light and light feelings) and played games with me. She introduced me to her older brother who died when he was 7 (he still looked like a kid my age at the time) and we all played and she just made me feel...safe. She always had that ability.

Anyways I woke up and my aunt who slept with me that night to comfort me told me that in my sleep I jumped up, raised my hands in the air and yelled, "OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE THIS IS!!!!!!!!!" And then laid back down. So I told her the dream. I told her about the little boy and my family looked shocked because they couldn't understand how I knew her older brother.

Anyways, that dream was the entire reason I didn't cry at my grandmother's funeral and why I didn't fear death. Everyone else was crying and I was confused. My grandmother was the happiest I had seen her in all my life because she was in paradise with people she loved and who loved her. Nothing could be better.

In addition, her children, my mother and uncle, who were in another country at the time of her death knew she had passed away long before we called them because that night they heard a continuous knock coming from their apartment door. Incessant, it wouldn't stop. So they went to the door to open it and when they did, no one was there but the knocking on the door continued incessantly and seemingly from inside the door. So they realized what was going on and said, "Good bye mom" And the knocking stopped.

Nothing seemed more natural. She always had a very strong spirit and prophecy, dreams, and astral travel weren't unusual for her, especially coming closer to her passing. Just talking about her now makes me feel like she's drawing nearer. I love her so much.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:30 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,447 times
I lived in a house that had many strange occurrences that both my wife and I could not explain rationally. We had a wonderful neighbor, Fritz, that lived alone, and my wife and I took care of him for many years. He would come over, occasionally, and sit on the porch with us, and he and I would drink a cold beer while he smoked a cigar. Sometimes, my wife, and I would come home from an outing, and he would be asleep on the porch, empty beer, and unlit cigar beside him. He said he loved our porch because it was so peaceful there. He eventually passed away, after being ill in a Nursing home for many years. Several times, after he passed, I would go sit out on the porch to read, or simply clear my mind, and could smell cigar, very strong. If I got up out of the chair, and walked further down the porch, I could smell nothing, but sitting back in the chair, it was unmistakable. I would sometimes catch myself talking in my head to Fritz, as well. It was a comforting feeling having an old friend back.
There was another part to this story, as well. The house we lived in was an old farm house, and had no doorbell. My wife wanted one, so I bought the kind that runs on batteries, and attaches to the front of the house. One day, we could tell the batteries were going bad, so I set about changing batteries. There was a bell button in the front, and one in back, as well as the main bell unit in the dining room that I took the batteries out of. We had no batteries, so we left the old batteries out till we could buy more. About an hour later, the bell began ringing, and my wife went to the front door to see who it was. As she walked by the bell box in the dining room, it occurred to her there were no batteries in any of the units. We listened,off and on for quiet awhile as the door bell rang, with the batteries in the trash. It still brings chills to my wife to this day. I still think it was Fritz playing a joke on us.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:18 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
I father died in his sleep at age 57. It was very much a surprise-especially to him, I imagine. Two nights before his funeral I had a dream where he was angry and fuming saying "Get these damn wires out of my mouth". He spoke those exact words. I had no idea what he meant. It bothered me for years until many years later I found out that morticians wire dead people's mouths shut!

Old 06-11-2013, 02:00 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,772,216 times
My father died 3 years ago. He was in the hospital, the doctors said he would live for several months.
The morning he died I was driving to the hospital, I passed a forest preserve where he and his father would ride their horses (my GF owned a stable), there they were, my father riding his appaloosa, my grandfather his favorite brown boy, it was cold, it was snowing and there they were....I knew that my
father would die that day and several hours later he did, my grandfather had died in 1965 yet he was there that day....strange... sad experience.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:30 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
The night my grandfather died, I had a dream that his cancer was cured and the whole family was at my mom's house and my uncle was telling me what a miracle it was and I was really happy. Then Grandpa came past me, looking well like he always had before he got sick, and gave me a quick hug like he always did, and then he was gone. Right after that, the ringing phone woke me up.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Speaking of Grandfathers- it was not a sign from him, the voice I heard was feminine, but not one I recognized.
The morning my grandfather died, I was in that half-asleep half-awake state. I heard the phone ring (I did not get up, phone was in mom's room) and a voice said, 'grandpa is dead'. I heard my mom answer and say hello a few times, then she hung up. About 10 minutes later the phone rang again. It was my grandmother. She had called the first time but hung up before my mom answered because the paramedics needed to talk to her. She had called to tell us he had another heart attack and was not going to make it.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
Quote:
Butterflies and moths are symbols of a universal language the language of the Anima- world soul. They have represented death for ages for many cultures.
I never knew that! I am always batting moths away from my work space at home. They come RIGHT IN MY FACE, and this has only been happening for six months or so, since I got heavily into genealogy...maybe that's "them" responding/connecting. That's pretty fascinating.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:10 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Back in 2005, my grandmother was in a nursing home in Florida. In April that year, I told some friends that I felt something was going to happen and I needed to see her soon. We had always been close and she was very important in my life. I got a call in June that she was dying.

I got down to Florida just in time to tell her how much I loved her and she died three days later. We had the funeral and afterward I had to leave Florida quickly because a hurricane was coming in. I drove through heavy rain through Florida and south Georgia. I had to pull over in the afternoon in Georgia because the weather and traffic had combined to make driving too dangerous. I got a hotel.

The next day, I resumed my drive home and the rain was clearing. When I got close to home in the mountains of Georgia, I rounded a bend in the highway and saw an amazing sight …

There was a perfect arc of a rainbow extending from one side of the highway to the other side, like an arch about two feet in front of my car. It looked like I could drive through it, but it stayed in front of my car for miles. I have never seen a rainbow that was so large, so distinct, and so close. It was like my own personal traveling rainbow. I was the only car on the road the whole time it was there.

As I came to the top of a hill, one end of the rainbow was suddenly lying in a beautiful valley. It was like something out of a movie with special effects. I felt like I was in Oz.

I kept saying "Holy Cow! Holy Cow! Holy Cow!”. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Also ...

Before the funeral, my mother went to her attic to retrieve my grandmother's social security card to settle everything. She knew exactly which box it was in. When she opened the box and took out the social security card, she saw a greeting card also. She opened up the card and found a slip of paper from a notepad with my Grandmother’s writing on it.

She had copied down a short poem in pink ink.

I would not have you grieve for me today
Nor weep beside my vacant chair;
Could you but know my daily portion here
You would not, could not wish me there.

Author Unknown

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 06-12-2013 at 08:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal