U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:09 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,512,380 times

Advertisements

Yes, I have...too many to list, but all involving family that has passed
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 PM

14,960 posts, read 10,512,512 times
After a very close friend died in hospital, I walked home sobbing and very upset. We used to sleep together sometimes ( not a sexual relationship, just sleep, for they were ill ) just before nodding off we would squeeze each others hands.
While collapsed on my bed at home, with tears streaming down my face, I felt a definite squeeze on my hand. It freaked me out so much that I jumped up and screamed. My roommate who was in their room heard me and came running.
Not sure if they believed me.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:56 AM

7,928 posts, read 6,283,889 times
I recently told of one experience after my sister's death on the "personal ghost story" thread, so I won't repeat that, but 2 other times I believe she sent me a message. One happened as we were planning her funeral and internment She died in pretty tragic circumstances about 5 years after the death of her husband. When her husband passed she became very attracted to the concept of angels and images of angels. She even wore a gold angel pendant around her neck. My brothers were also aware of her attraction to angel icons. We were told by the funeral planner that there was only one plot left in a certain area of the cemetery that we liked because it was near a big shady oak tree, and we should go outside and check out that plot to see if it was to our liking. So the 4 of us went out to see the plot, and in this cemetery most of the graves were marked with simple flat plaques in the ground or just typical shaped tombstones. When the funeral planner showed us the plot we all just broke out in huge smiles because the empty plot was directly in front of a plot with a huge tombstone topped with a 4 foot statue of a protecting angel! This is definitely the spot we said. She would love it here.
As I said before, I am a skeptic (what in the world am I doing on this forum???) but I just kept getting these messages.
The last time I felt a very specific message was exactly 2 years after her death. It was late September 2001. The World Trade Center incident had just happened and we were all very nervous about flying anywhere. I had to take a trip to Detroit to take an important test for my career. I was very worried about the flying part of the trip, and had to study and do a lot of preparations for this trip. My mind was not on what the date was. I decided for some reason that I must take a particular purse with me. I thought it was because it was small and would fit in my briefcase. I was turning my walk-in closet upside down for about 20 minutes trying to find this purse. I finally found it and when I opened it I was shocked to find the only thing in it was a newspaper clipping....my sister's obituary that someone had handed me on the day of her funeral. That was the last time I had used the purse. Out of sentiment, I started reading the obit and when I reached the date of her death, my knees buckled and I sank to the floor in tears. It was 2 years from the next day. The day I was to fly to Detroit. In my worry over the trip I had forgotten about the anniversary of my sister's death. I don't know if she was giving me a little kick to remind me, or to tell me it would be okay and not to be frightened about my trip. Either way I felt it was too much of a coincidence to be ignored.
My sister passed suddenly and, as I mentioned, in a tragic and unexpected situation. We never got to say goodbye and I think that is why I am visited by her from time to time.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:53 PM

13,724 posts, read 16,776,510 times
Cardinals are so common that I hate to believe that they mean anything. But on the day of my dad's funeral, there was about a 50 mile funeral procession from the church where his funeral service was to country family cemetery where his burial was. Once we got onto the dirt roads leading to the cemetery, I started noticing cardinals everywhere along the side of the road. Not one or two like you usually see, but quite a few together, maybe 6 or 8 at a time, and I continued to see them all the way to the cemetery.

Might not have meant anything, but after that when I'd see a male cardinal I'd always say "Hi Dad!" Six months later my mom died and I would see a male and female cardinal in the yard a lot, or when I was driving a cardinal would fly right in front of my car. It happened again today, in fact. But anyway, seeing a male and female cardinal together isn't that unusual, so still I hesitate to take it as meaning anything.

After they died, I would always tell my cat when it was her time (she was 18 when my mom and dad died, so I knew she couldn't live too much longer), to go and wait with my mom and dad and I would be there as soon as I could...I loved that cat so much. Well, she died June 3rd of this year at 19 years old.

I didn't think about it until a couple of days later, but then I remembered that on the morning she died, I opened the door to get the mail and there was a male and female cardinal in the yard. Normally opening the door would scare them and they would fly away, but these two just stayed there and I stood for a while just watching them, think how neat it was that they were hanging around and not flying away. I said "Hi Mom, Hi Dad" to them and thought nothing else about it until a couple of days later, when I realized that had been just a few hours before my mom and dad died. Did they come for her? I don't know...

Also, after my dad died, there were a few instances where I would start to get in my Jeep and there would be a penny lying by the driver's door on the ground. I picked them up and put them in my Jeep. Maybe it meant something; maybe not But the last time I saw my dad, he said "Why don't you go home and get some work done? (instead of hanging out at the hospital with him - he was supposed to have a kidney ultrasound and they said after that I could pick him up and take him home). Maybe you can make a penny or two." So I went home to work until they were finished with him, and expected them to call when he was ready. Instead, they called and told me he had died.

I'm inclined to not believe anything unless there is no other explanation, though.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:34 AM

13,724 posts, read 16,776,510 times
Too late to edit the above post, but it should have said it was a few hours before my cat died that I saw the cardinals in the yard - which made me think maybe they were there for her.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 PM

753 posts, read 444,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My ex boyfriend passed away a little over four years ago. Four months after, I saw a gold/red colored orb in my bedroom. Without going into details, I just want to ask how many of you have received "signs" after your loved one passed away?

Thanks
Yes, I have, from loved ones I knew personally and from those I admired but
didn't know personally (one, a musician, and another, a comedian). No
full-bodied apparitions or anything of that sort, but rather synchronicities involving
things that would be readily associated with them.

-

Old 01-17-2014, 08:50 PM

558 posts, read 961,094 times
In 2009 after my Mom died I was messed up and drinking a lot. I heard an alarm clock going off, it was an inaudible radio station, some strange voices and traced it to a closet where I had put her old digital alarm clock in a box. I took it out and it was just white noise but a voice was trying to come through. There was no battery in the clock and I wasn't drunk enough for it to be a hallucination.
Soon after her music box (a Catholic music box) went off on it's own. From her death in 2009 to 2012 my life went to hell. I think that was her way of trying to warn me to get help.

My Dad died in 2011, I was still drinking a lot. The smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night and the TV turned itself on. I took the battery out of the alarm and it still kept beeping. I unplugged it from the ceiling it was still going off so I finally smashed it to pieces. Hello, McFly!? Anyone home!? Maybe you need to get some help! I didn't think anything of any of those signs. Today, a year later I'm recovering but I have no doubt those were my parents reaching out to me from the beyond.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,666,387 times
My Mother died while on vacation near Memphis, Tennessee. She had been there visiting my sister and her family over the Christmas and New Years holiday that year. She wound up in the hospital just after New Years and died a few weeks later. My sister lived in a rural area--40 miles or more from the hospital in Memphis. The rest of her kids (me included) were four states away. Long story-short---none of us made it to the hospital to see her alive. Not even my sister--who drove frantically to get there in time once she received the distress call from the nurses. The rest of us siblings drove to Memphis non-stop to be with my sister and to make cremation arrangements. The week following my Mother's funeral, I returned to my office job. One morning, my desk phone rang and when I picked it up to answer, for a brief moment or two I heard my Mother's voice calling my name. It was a very distant voice--but audible nonetheless. I was very freaked out by this. After a moment or two of hearing my Mom's voice calling my name, the caller began speaking and stating while he was calling. I was so dazed that I made up some excuse and told the caller I would have to call him back. I'll never forget it.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 PM

3,943 posts, read 5,815,410 times
I think most of us can find a sign from our loved ones. I could see something every day if I tried, and say it was a sign. I would like to believe it, but I'm probably the most skeptic person I know, even though I have had some strange premonitions in my life that other people think are spooky.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:03 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,097,918 times
Here's a strange story. My father's wife died after spending about a year in a nursing home. During that entire year, her iPhone was locked in the nursing home safe. The phone account was still active, but the battery in the phone had no doubt run down long before she died. In any event, two hours after she died, one of her friends, who was sitting at home watching TV, got a phone call. Since she had cable TV phone service, the name of the caller popped up on the screen. The name? My dad's then dead wife. Anyway, the friend answered the phone and there was no one there....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal