Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,151,221 times

Advertisements

On a very cold December day, after a short illness at the age of 51, my father died in the hospital with us all at his bedside (me, my sister and our mother). It was close to 10 pm.

The following day we made the painful, requisiste phone calls to friends and family. My sister spoke to my dad's employer and also to a woman he worked with, who had become a close friend of our family. She was very fond of him and was devastated to hear that he had finally gone. Then she suddenly lit up and asked if it had by chance happened around 10... because she had fallen asleep on the couch and dreamed about him, and the pot of chives he had given her. In the dream he was standing in her garden pointing to the dead patch in her garden where her chives had been. "Don't forget - they'll come back every year." She said she woke up straight away and noted that it was 10.

Coincidence or not, that was something we held onto for a long time. It gave us all an incredible sense of peace and comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 AM

112 posts, read 176,974 times
If one calls many a prepared breakfast, scent of her favorite perfume, when all of it had been disposed of or feeling an unseen presence getting into bed with you, I'd say she really hasn't gone.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,723,595 times
No.

My wife passed away Thanksgiving morning ( 68 years old........3 year battle with ALS)

I have not received any " signs" nor do I expect to.

I am content in my belief in heaven and believe that my wife's soul is now able to laugh, talk, sing, walk, run, dance.

Those things were not possible when her soul was trapped in her paralyzed body.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:47 PM

18,442 posts, read 18,580,577 times
My mother had only days to live and was in hospital.. We knew she had lung cancer but not how long she actually had at the time... I went up in the afternoon to see her and she had just woke from a sleep , instead of her usual worried look she looked totally relaxed and happy.. I asked her how she was and she answered ....OH that was great, I dont know if I was dreaming or not but Eva and Dolly.. (who were her two dead sisters) came to visit me and fixed my pillows.. I just smiled at her , and gave her a mothers day card I had just bought as mothers day was the next day....I also gave her, a gift of a dressing gown with matching nightgown in lavender, and her favourite lavender soap... She died on Mothers day 99.... The day after her death I was in the bath and ran some more hot water.... all of a sudden the air was filled with the smell of lavender... I dont use perfumed products at all because of an allergy but this was so strong, and to me she was there telling me it was ok and she was safe with her sisters..

Old 01-22-2014, 09:27 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,611,118 times
I have quite a few. My fiancé passed away after a long fight with pancreatic cancer in 2012. The night before he passed, his mother was lying in bed and felt a pat on her bottom. She said her father used to do that when she was little. She took it as a sign that everything will be ok.

He died in our apartment. I was so distraught, my family and friends came in and helped me move my stuff out. On the last trip up the stairs to make sure they got everything, my mom noticed two pennies in a row, one on one step, the other directly above it on the next step. She had been going up and down the stairs all day and said they were not there before.

Our song was Billy Joel's "Piano Man". A couple times I was listening to my Lady Gaga pandora station, and that song comes on. It came on once again on my Rhianna station a few weeks later.

I've found even more pennies in odd places. Again, always in two's, and always neatly in a row.

The biggest sign was the pure white orb zipping around my bedroom. I was trying to take pics of it on my phone and it was so fast, it would disappear before I could get it in frame. Exasperated, i said "come on Aaron!" After that I was able to snap pics of it.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:59 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,145,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
My mother had only days to live and was in hospital.. We knew she had lung cancer but not how long she actually had at the time... I went up in the afternoon to see her and she had just woke from a sleep , instead of her usual worried look she looked totally relaxed and happy.. I asked her how she was and she answered ....OH that was great, I dont know if I was dreaming or not but Eva and Dolly.. (who were her two dead sisters) came to visit me and fixed my pillows.. I just smiled at her , and gave her a mothers day card I had just bought as mothers day was the next day....I also gave her, a gift of a dressing gown with matching nightgown in lavender, and her favourite lavender soap... She died on Mothers day 99.... The day after her death I was in the bath and ran some more hot water.... all of a sudden the air was filled with the smell of lavender... I dont use perfumed products at all because of an allergy but this was so strong, and to me she was there telling me it was ok and she was safe with her sisters..
In the year before she died my mom would tell me that she was having "dreams about people, even people I had forgotten about, DEAD people." She was really sick in the last couple of years and I'm sure I have posted it on CD before but hopefully not in this same thread. But I am convinced that when she was so sick she had one foot in each world and was between life and death a lot of the time. She had congestive heart failure, so she would get really bad and then would get better, then would get bad again. But I am convinced that when she had those "dreams," either she was visiting the other side or the other side was visiting her. It was always at times that she was not doing too well and could have died, but didn't.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:51 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,082,205 times
Luzianne.. for weeks before my father died unexpectedly he told us he had dreams of going to parties and all the people that were there had all passed away years before.

Under times of stress, I'll occasionally smell my dad's cologne and I feel more calm. I think its his way of comforting me.

The night my mom died, before I even knew she had died, I had a dream that she came to me and hugged me and we both apologized to each other. (We'd had an argument a few days before) The next thing I know I'm woken up out of a sound sleep by the phone and it's my sister telling me mom had a heart attack and didn't survive it.

This isn't the first time that people who have died have come to me as they passed away and my mom knew that. She always used to say 'promise me you'll tell me if you dream I died' and I'd always respond by saying 'mom, if I dream it, it's too late'..
I'm glad she did come to me before she died because we both had the chance to forgive each other.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,914,907 times
Yes, my Dad sent me one that said - They don't have Coors here... I really miss Coors....

Old 03-10-2014, 07:48 PM

12,945 posts, read 9,563,753 times
I was leaning on the kitchen counter flipping through the news paper about 1:00am a few weeks after my father died. I suddenly had goosebumps all over me and the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I felt that someone was standing right behind me. I was the only one up at that hour but I wasn't afraid, but my heart was pounding by it. I took it as my father spirit coming back home one more time and to let me know he was ok. He spent his last few months in a nursing home because he was so sick, but I took care of him and he lived with me. I will never forget that moment.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:06 PM

260 posts, read 425,830 times
I don't think my grandpa ever believed in an afterlife, but knew I did. My dad was really disappointed with him and he kind of pissed a lot of people off in life (including my dad) because of his lifestyle and aggressive political beliefs. So when he died I don't know if anyone was really sad, but I know I was because he was always very nice to me and my sister. After he died I started feeling like I was followed. When I was drawing I felt someone leaning over my shoulder to see, I looked behind me and no one was there. When I was ALMOST asleep I could hear a male voice screaming at me from the top of their lungs. I kind of ignored it until I fully realized it was my grandpa, a couple years later. I prayed that he would go to heaven- I felt peaceful, and didn't have any experiences since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal