Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 07:56 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

My ex boyfriend passed away a little over four years ago. Four months after, I saw a gold/red colored orb in my bedroom. Without going into details, I just want to ask how many of you have received "signs" after your loved one passed away?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 08:13 AM

17 posts, read 22,625 times
I have talked with my mother about this before she passed suddenly and unexpectedly. I have not seen anything as of yet, not for lack of looking. I think everyone has to look in their own way.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
I have and I know others who have had signs or even visits.

My father was a Gemini - the twins. He was also a scientist, and entomologist (butterflies & other insects) and was focused on environmental preservation. On Earthday, the first one after he died- two bucks came down the hill and stood and watched me watching them. After they left, moths started to fall and flutter out of the trees in the hundreds.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:35 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
My grandma promised she'd come see me after she died but so far she hasn't been by in the 7 years since she made the big trip.

Strangely enough though I've had vivid dreams of both my grandpa (from the other side of the family) and grandma soon after they died; they both involved walking with them in a beautiful garden and listening them explaining what it's like in the next life. I never remember what they tell me but I do remember how happy they seemed and how wonderful they thought the next life was.

I'd like to think it them letting me know they were OK but more likely it represented my subconscious accepting and making peace with their deaths. I do hope there is something more after death but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:45 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My ex boyfriend passed away a little over four years ago. Four months after, I saw a gold/red colored orb in my bedroom. Without going into details, I just want to ask how many of you have received "signs" after your loved one passed away?

Thanks
My mother passed more than 10 years ago. I still get 'signs" from her that she is still around. For example, we used to watch the movie "Beaches" together, and hug and cry. The song "Wind Beneath my Wings" was very sentimental to both of us. A few days ago, I was feeling that "I miss you mom" feeling. Later that day, while driving in the car, I flipped to a station, and the song "Wind Beneath my Wings" was just starting. That evening, I was flipping through the TV channels, and the movie "Beaches" was just starting. So, YES I do receive signs she is around.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:15 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,027 times
My sister's broken grandfather clock started to chime when my grandmother passed away.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Thanks
For me i never saw anything but there are times when im not focused on myself i can feel my loved ones walking beside me. or just feel them.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:34 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
I n my case a little different.

My late wife was terminal with Cancer and in the Hospital for three days after a fever. I had been in the Grocery trade and spent many hrs in a cooler or freezer in just short sleeve shirts and was accustomed to the cold.

On the third day of her Hospital stay I was in the mkt buying some groceries to feed the kids and was walking down the frozen food isle and felt a very cold chill pass thru my body...this was at 11:45 AM.

On returning home found a note by the phone saying that the Dr had called and for me to go to the Hospital. I rushed there and when running down the hall was stopped by the DR who said that she had passed away.

Later on read the death certificate where it stated that she had passed away at 11:45 AM.

She let me know that she had died via the COLD CHILL I felt.

That was in Oct 16th 1973.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:23 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
I haven't seen anything except in my dream state, which I feel is a "visit" and not a dream because I can remember things so clearly even years later. Father died 19 years ago, and lately I've started hearing "show tunes" in my head as I'm just going about things, not thinking of him. He loved musicals of the 1940s and used to sing them a lot, so now I sing them, too, and thank him for being here. I can't feel or see him but just have a "knowing."

Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,139 times
I'm not sure if I believe in "signs"....but something has happened the last couple of years that has the family wondering.

My father in law was in a lot of pain in the years leading up to his death. Since he couldn't work, he planted a (very) small flower garden in front of the house. Even though he hated roses (the thorns mainly), but he planted one because my mother in law LOVES them...so it was his gift to her.

He died 5 years ago....that rose bush has bloomed on the anniversary of his death the last 3 years. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal