Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times

Advertisements

I would like to add that I think this is often overlooked as the attention is focused on houses with known entities, spirits, etc that often present themselves in a more active manner...

I grew up in a house that just had this negative depressed energy to it. The previous owner was a couple who lost a daughter in a car accident when she was 16 years old and remained in the house over 15 years before selling to my parents over 20 years ago. The previous owners kept strange things in the house, particularly spooky was a pull down chain for an overhead light fixture in the daughters bedroom that had her initials on it. The basement was downright spooky and the owners kept all kinds of odd metal chains in the furnace room. I hated going down there because I don't like basements and it had that cheap 1960s era wood paneling that made things even more depressing. The man nearly committed suicide on the west side of the house opposite of the garage and I could almost sense the negative energy there. I just wondered if anyone agreed with me that some houses have a definite negative energy to them even if they aren't really "haunted"? Needless to say, I'm glad I don't live there any more and have moved on to a different stage in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 08:05 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times
Yes. Some houses have negative energy. In Feng Shui, the concept of "predecessor energy" is very important - who lived there before and what their experiences were.

I wonder WHY your parents were drawn to this house? Could they not feel the energy?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Yes. Some houses have negative energy. In Feng Shui, the concept of "predecessor energy" is very important - who lived there before and what their experiences were.

I wonder WHY your parents were drawn to this house? Could they not feel the energy?
I think I am more conscious of energy of all types in general as I process things somewhat differently being on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum.
They purchased the house at the time because it was a depressed real estate market in the early 1990s and the price was very low in a nice neighborhood. The couple were VERY unethical to top everything off and they topped the AC unit with freon to get it to pass inspection. I am positive that this was the man that did that or he had someone do it. The house was never updated much either when we bought. It was basically a time capsule from the late 1960s through the 1970s. It a definite feel like they just didn't care much about the place after the death of their daughter.
I would say the basement was by far the creepiest thing about the place with the large chain collection, the drawings of kids stuff still on the laundry room walls (in the basement) just gave off a very negative energy. I think social isolation and depression was rampant in this family and it was in one of these isolated suburban developments where you had to drive 2 miles just to get to a main road.
I don't think the other people in my family really could feel the negative energy like I could at all.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
i believe they do. i lived in a haunted house for a while as a teen with my mother. it was built after the civil war and a woman and her two sons died in the house. we didn't know that at the time, but we both felt upon moving in that the place had a very sad prescence. we didn't realize we both felt that way til months later. it actually changed the longer we lived there. we tried to bring some happiness there, even tho it was tough times for me and ma. but we left a good vibe because we were good people and we loved each other. my mother saw a form of a woman standing in the door one night and it vanished, but she said it wasnt frightening at all, just a little surprising. i think the bad energy, such as it is, may exist, but can be reversed. that is the most important take away from living in that house.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
i believe they do. i lived in a haunted house for a while as a teen with my mother. it was built after the civil war and a woman and her two sons died in the house. we didn't know that at the time, but we both felt upon moving in that the place had a very sad prescence. we didn't realize we both felt that way til months later. it actually changed the longer we lived there. we tried to bring some happiness there, even tho it was tough times for me and ma. but we left a good vibe because we were good people and we loved each other. my mother saw a form of a woman standing in the door one night and it vanished, but she said it wasnt frightening at all, just a little surprising. i think the bad energy, such as it is, may exist, but can be reversed. that is the most important take away from living in that house.
I was twelve years old when my parents, two siblings and I moved into the creepy house. Mom lives there still and has never felt, seen nor heard anything. The basement is nasty but no one will spend more than a few minutes in the attic. I (still) don't like that house.

Things did change the longer that we lived there. Dad started gardening. We got a dog. Most of the negativity dropped away.

I still don't like that house.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

Not everyone is sensitively tuned in and would call Feng Shui energy nonsense.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
i foolishly thought the negative energy in my rental would remain over the covered well in the basement floor and i could avoid that--boy was i wrong

Old 09-18-2012, 12:37 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
"Things" have energy and houses are things so they do. But, I'm not so sure a house that feels negative can be reversed. I just think certain places and things are what they are. Travel across the US and you can feel certain towns, cities, places have certain vibes. Can't always change that. Like people. I wouldn't want a house that didn't feel right or perfect for me.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:57 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
I wonder if this could be the root of the problem I am currently having?

The alarm sensor is always chiming that my bedroom window is open, even though its definitely locked. And it doesnt happen all the time, only between like 11pm-4am.

I am constantly awaken by this most annoying disturbance for 3-4 nights in a row and then it will be totally fine for a few weeks before it starts up again. Im not scared in the least, just royally annoyed. lol

I've had the alarm company come over twice and they can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,027,837 times
Yes, they can have negative energy, but so can entire areas. While out cycling, I've gone through areas that I just felt to be foreboding. It's nothing to do with people, there are none there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal