Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:58 AM

341 posts, read 1,232,020 times

Advertisements

If any of you have similar experiences or could tell me what it feels like to be touched by a spirit I would like to hear your story.

I grew up Catholic but I became agnostic leaning toward atheism 8 years ago. There was never really any proof or experience to convince me otherwise. Lately, with all that's been going on I've started to feel umexplainable things that make me question my beliefs and think maybe there is possibly something more to us than just our bodies.

This month sucked. So many deaths I've been hearing about. My mom's best friend/only friend of many years died of lung cancer. I wasn't close to her but she was a nice lady, so it came to my surprise when I cried learning she passed and was sad. Sad because it wasn't fair, sad for the families, sad for my mom, and a reminder of our own mortality. I went to her funeral and as I went up to the casket I wished her peace and thanked her for being a good friend to my mom. I felt a gradual warm and peaceful tingling come over my back and I felt heavy. I felt at peace after that and thought how I've never felt anything like that before.

I didn't think I would feel it again but then my grandma passed away last week. She was Buddhist so we immediately started the rituals and prayed to her. I was curious and said she should visit me when I paid respect to her but wasn't sure if I believed it. Nothing unusual happened the next few days and there were no signs so I was like oh well. I figured at 100 she lived a long good life and it wouldn't be so sad if she passed. I was wrong, I bawled and cried out in pain. My chest hurted so much and I couldn't bare to see her body when I first went to the funeral but I did. The day after the funeral hit me the hardest and my chest hurt with every thought of her and I would be in tears.

That night, I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of her and my heart was hurting. Then suddenly I realized all the memories of us was playing in my head and I found myself feeling so happy and I was smiling. I stopped myself mid-thought and was thinking, "Why am I feeling happy and smiling? Why does this not hurt?" At these moments I also felt heaviness beside me like a thickness to the air or some kind of pressure. I felt strong tingling that was warm like an energy and on my hand. She used to hold my hand whenever I visited. I immediately thought it was her. I felt overwhelmed and the feeling was lasting a little too long and I didn't know what to do so I got a bit scared and moved away from that feeling trying to shake it off I guess at the same time feeling bad that I did that.

After that moment my pain was gone. There was no more excruciating pain, it's as if my pain was taken away. I woke up the next morning feeling peaceful and happy. There were moments that I felt sad and missed her but I didn't cry in pain like I did before.

Was this just my body coping? What scientific reasoning is there to feel that strange sensation? It was strong enough for me to question it. I haven't felt it since then, it's been 4 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 08:22 AM

3,297 posts, read 3,021,473 times
First off, please accept my condolences on your losses.

What you describe makes perfect sense to me. When a spirit touches me, I get a tingling sensation on the top or sides of my head, and often, a feeling of a heaviness or presence on my left side, as if someone is standing there.

In my biz, you would be instantly recognized as someone with natural mediumistic spiritual gifts. If you decided to develop those gifts through training and practice, you would probably feel these sensations much more often, and you would also find that your fears evaporate. (You would probably get spirits bugging you to be crossed over, too, but that's easy enough to deal with.)

I am LOLing a little, though, at your request for scientific reasoning on this type of experience. I am a professional medium and psychic. My husband is a dyed in the wool agnostic and hardcore scientist (like a real scientist who did research and authored papers and lectured other scientists on what was what) and after living with me for 25 years, he has had to admit that there is something going on that is real but that science cannot explain.

The logical side of the brain will always try to tell us that these things are not real. It is a defense mechanism that I feel we are taught early on when we learn that in our current society, it is unacceptable to display these abilities. One of the biggest challenges to being an intuitive in this society is that from childhood, our natural gifts and what we experience are shut down by the adults around us, so we often shut those gifts down ourselves, until they come up again of their own accord.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:48 PM

311 posts, read 466,986 times
Very sorry to hear of your losses. I had a similar feeling. Mine happened at my mother-in-laws funeral service at the church. As a prayer was being said, I felt as though I needed to extend my palms up and keep my hands on my lap. Then I felt a surge of energy or electricity go in one hand through my body and out the other hand. I was a little nervous and amazed, when this happened. But, not scared. On another day as I was leaving the cemetery I felt as if someone had their hand on my should. Not sure what all that was. But, someone was looking over me.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower54 View Post
Very sorry to hear of your losses. I had a similar feeling. Mine happened at my mother-in-laws funeral service at the church. As a prayer was being said, I felt as though I needed to extend my palms up and keep my hands on my lap. Then I felt a surge of energy or electricity go in one hand through my body and out the other hand. I was a little nervous and amazed, when this happened. But, not scared. On another day as I was leaving the cemetery I felt as if someone had their hand on my should. Not sure what all that was. But, someone was looking over me.

I try to find a scientific explanation but if they say it's just in my mind it doesn't convince me it wasn't real. Lol. If it was her why would she come see me and not my father or any of the other grandchildren who were even closer? Maybe cuz I asked her to visit or maybe I'm just more sensitive? Maybe I needed more closure or I was hurting more?

Old 05-01-2017, 04:39 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle21689 View Post
I try to find a scientific explanation but if they say it's just in my mind it doesn't convince me it wasn't real. Lol. If it was her why would she come see me and not my father or any of the other grandchildren who were even closer? Maybe cuz I asked her to visit or maybe I'm just more sensitive? Maybe I needed more closure or I was hurting more?
I"m guessing it's because you're more sensitive. She may have come to visit all of you, but you're the only one who sensed her. Michael Newton (google him) says that spirits make attempts all the time to reach out to the living, esp right after crossing over, but most don't sense them.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:23 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle21689 View Post
Well, now you have evidence of the spiritual. Let your journey back to God begin. Don't let the skeptics convince you that your experience was "all in your head".

When my brother died his spirit visited me. I kept sensing someone in our home. Then it left. My agnostic mother called me the next day saying Tom was in her house that morning and then left.

Yes.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:27 AM

Default Thanks

I've been thinking about it every day since it's happened. I kind of wish I can have another sign to convince me but I don't want to bother her peace and it's not anyone's job to convince me it's real lol. If it truly were a spirit, I feel she was comforting me making sure I knew it was fine and she was fine before leaving it at that. I haven't get anything since then.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:56 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Let me ask you this... Where else would you expect to feel this, but in your ...head?

I see it this way, we are a radio receiver and the brain is our interpreter of bodily sensations and also of these other energies coming into our mind. Our mind is multi-dimensional and it is that which picks up these other energies and passes them through to our brain for interpretation. For me, this provides a perfect explanation of what is happening and means that each one of us has different ability to interpret these energies and according to our education, culture, upbringing etc we voice them/describe them to others in different ways.

If you want a relatively(!!) scientific explanation then out of body/astral projection experimenters have told us there are other realities which they visit all the time. This gives us slightly more of a concrete idea about what goes on after death than orthodox religions currently give us. It also means that with practice we can learn to experience these other realities too. Monroe Institute for example.

As I understand it, there is normally a period when the newly deceased 'rests' or 'heals' after a lifetime on Earth which may be why for some there is not much communication. On the other hand, maybe it is just that most of us are fairly insensitive to those kind of other worldly energies.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:39 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
To the OP, I know that tingling feeling all to well.
I have stated in other post that I have the ability to communicate with my deceased partner at will, and this has become a near nightly event since he passed many years ago.
In none of these session have I ever "seen" him, but I know when he is close by, because of the physical changes I feel at the time.
I know when he is present, and when he remains in the spirit world ,during our times of contact.
He has told me "I am here Bobby", and I have sensed that before he has spoken.
These events of contact are not while I am sleeping, but as I am awake sitting up in the bed, with my back against the headboard.

I have also had dreams where he was present, and one in particular will stay with me the rest of my human existence.
It was short in length, but extremely vivid.

At this point I need to step back and explain his life when he was here.
He was not born into wealth, and never attended college, but being a teacher was the one thing he always wanted to do.
That opportunity escaped him his entire life.

I never dwelt on the fact, and actually soon forgot about it.
One night in a dream long after he passed, he was waiting for me in front of a school.

"Bobby, I want to show you something".
He was excited that I was there with him.
We walked into a classroom, he seated me in the rear of the class, and walked to the front of the class.
He was the teacher, teaching his class.
I remember crying with joy and happiness that he had finally succeeded where he couldn't here on earth.
Then I woke up, and my face was wet with tears, yet I was extremely happy.

I feel overwhelmingly grateful, and thankful that I am able to communicate with him as often as I do.
We were an exceptional couple when he was here .
We were as one.
We often thought as one.

Often, we would know what the other was thinking.
It is just the way it was, so that love and communication did not die when he left this earth.
Sure, I miss the physical attributes of our relationship, and mostly that wonderful smile, and the feeling when he would throw his arms around me, look deep into my eyes ,"Bobby, I love you so much".

I still hear those words during our contact, but the smile is missing.
One day(I can't say when) we will be together again.
I just hope his obligation to his students and to me, can be on an equal basis.

Bob.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:56 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I"m guessing it's because you're more sensitive. She may have come to visit all of you, but you're the only one who sensed her. Michael Newton (google him) says that spirits make attempts all the time to reach out to the living, esp right after crossing over, but most don't sense them.
Makes sense!
My husband passed in March and my 2.5 year old grandson spooks his parents out because every once in awhile he stops what he is doing and looks up and says "Hi Grandpa".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal