Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 11:46 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,060,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
They were not intended as toys. They were intended as tools for adults during the spiritualism craze following the Civil War, through the turn of the last century.

I have seen reputable, registered, mediums in Lily Dale NY, and at events sponsored by or connected to, a Spiritualist church. I have never seen a Spiritualist medium use a Ouija board.

Ever.

I have mostly seen or known teenaged girls who tried the Ouija board with one of two results - NO Results or BAD Results.

I have asked registered mediums their opinion of the Ouija board and their answers have ranged from "avoid it at all costs" to "it is not a plaything and it should only be used by trained practitioners under very specific circumstances".

I have no idea what those "very specific circumstances" are. I did not ask. I only know that I am not a "trained practitioner" nor am I a registered medium or a member of the spiritualist church.

When I used the board in my teens and early 20s, I had negative and scary results. This thread is several years old. Take a look. How many people have used it and had negative experiences?

The board itself is not evil - in fact, anyone can craft one on their own. I just wouldn't mess with one.
so true! hoping you and family are well char still here in trumpsylvania!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 06:55 PM

23,878 posts, read 32,156,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
so true! hoping you and family are well char still here in trumpsylvania!
Hi Ar! Send me a direct message, I'd like to hear from you.
I'm surprised you aren't in sunny Sarasota by now.

You should tell everyone the story of what happened when you were a nurse. Spine chilling and tragic.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:14 PM

6,703 posts, read 4,682,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
are plastic and cardboard. A toy for imaginative fun, like Halloween. Nothing more than that.
Exactly. They aren't even much fun. If someone doesn't push that plastic piece around to the letters nothing happens. I always found it to be a lame party game.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:21 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,799,179 times
It is looking increasingly likely that we can access other realities through the use of our mind. However, the public does not acknowledge these other realities even exist, yet religion hints at it and the Vatican and occult societies hold the keys to the details.

I suspect these "toys" are ways to get into the correct frame of mind to access them and have been used for eons by the ones who had the knowledge or who had just fallen apon the techniques.

Really, it would explain a lot of unexplainable things which are going on and which are being reported these days via the internet and media.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:19 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,449,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is looking increasingly likely that we can access other realities through the use of our mind. However, the public does not acknowledge these other realities even exist, yet religion hints at it and the Vatican and occult societies hold the keys to the details.
Those realizations gained popularity back in the '80s. If you're using this forum to gauge what the public acknowledges and accepts; it's not happening. Though posters may stop by and read, acknowledgment has a stigma.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Hi Ar! Send me a direct message, I'd like to hear from you.
I'm surprised you aren't in sunny Sarasota by now.

You should tell everyone the story of what happened when you were a nurse. Spine chilling and tragic.
hi char forgother how to do have moved ex family was in sarasota now in nc me I am with family in Philly old fla area was orlando your old wilkes barre area looking better BTW still lots of interest in occult , ouija boards,coves in nepa

Old 11-18-2018, 05:47 PM

t is not board it is the intent and calling out energy of the user

Old 11-18-2018, 09:49 PM

3,483 posts, read 8,958,213 times
Won't have one in this house.

As a kid, I was like crazy interested in getting one. Tried one at my dad's house with my step sisters and...nothing happened.

At some point, my mom decided to buy one for me...think a Christmas or Birthday gift when I was about ten or so...well, tried it a couple times, and never had any interesting things happen. But can remember asking anything to "show itself" or "do something" blah blah blah, boringness.

Well, we put it away and didn't think about it...until random things started happening around the house. My mom started noticing couch pillows being moved from where she'd placed them the night before. Hearing doors slam closed, then asking me why i slammed the door, while I was calmly sitting in my room, and having heard nothing. Things never got any more intense than that at the house, but very soon after my mom had our priest come over and bless the house. She also disposed of the board immediately.

Later (and without the board) at my mothers "new" house, we had some strange things occur as well. A few shadow people that she and I had seen, book pages turning without a breeze/wind, and one dream that nightmare that scared the bejesus out of my mother. She was going through a rough time emotionally, and I often think she was "searching" for something spiritual/supernatural as an answer to her fears and struggles. Pretty certain SOMETHING answered, but it once again, wasn't pleasant, or loving. Enter the priest again, and the activity stopped, albeit, I always felt odd in the home...ever since.

Come to think of it, the number of dreams I had of creepy things happening in the house (most commonly, ghosts walking about at night) was staggering...and I never had those dreams about any other home, or since moving from that home. Who knows.

Old 11-19-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
t is not board it is the intent and calling out energy of the user
This. ^^^

The board, however, is an excellent conduit for spirits - discanates, astral spitits, and elementals, to name a few, can speak through. One of the ways they do this is to pretend to be a deceased family member.

It did that with me, the first time I used it.

Old 11-19-2018, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Won't have one in this house.

As a kid, I was like crazy interested in getting one. Tried one at my dad's house with my step sisters and...nothing happened.

At some point, my mom decided to buy one for me...think a Christmas or Birthday gift when I was about ten or so...well, tried it a couple times, and never had any interesting things happen. But can remember asking anything to "show itself" or "do something" blah blah blah, boringness.

Well, we put it away and didn't think about it...until random things started happening around the house. My mom started noticing couch pillows being moved from where she'd placed them the night before. Hearing doors slam closed, then asking me why i slammed the door, while I was calmly sitting in my room, and having heard nothing. Things never got any more intense than that at the house, but very soon after my mom had our priest come over and bless the house. She also disposed of the board immediately.

Later (and without the board) at my mothers "new" house, we had some strange things occur as well. A few shadow people that she and I had seen, book pages turning without a breeze/wind, and one dream that nightmare that scared the bejesus out of my mother. She was going through a rough time emotionally, and I often think she was "searching" for something spiritual/supernatural as an answer to her fears and struggles. Pretty certain SOMETHING answered, but it once again, wasn't pleasant, or loving. Enter the priest again, and the activity stopped, albeit, I always felt odd in the home...ever since.

Come to think of it, the number of dreams I had of creepy things happening in the house (most commonly, ghosts walking about at night) was staggering...and I never had those dreams about any other home, or since moving from that home. Who knows.
Funny. I recieved a Ouija board for Christmas also. It didn't work when I tried it with my sisters and it didn't work. Later in the day, relatives visited. I tried it with a cousin. It flew around the borard with our fingers only lightly touching it. My mother and aunt asked what the nick name was of their uncle of their's who we had never met, and who died before my cousin and I were born. It knew the name.

This is one of the tricks low vibrating spirits use to draw you in.

We also had poltergiest activity around the house. That is not uncommon when people are using the Ouija board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal