Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 07:47 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Invented in my home town. I never got anything out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post

We contacted someone named 'Brooks' and asked some questions. We put away the board and about half an hour later was when things got strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
And...what did Brooks say? He didn't tell you anything and got pissed I guess because you bothered him to begin with.

It's my home town, too, and if I used a Ouija to contact somebody named Brooks, it would be to ask for tips on turning a double-play on a hot one-hopper down the third base line. But that Brooks isn't dead, and dead or alive, he'd never be pissed at a fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 05:24 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,223 times
I used one as a teen--never again. I used it with one friend in particular, and things really got freaky when he was contacting who knows what with me. I'll never forget what happened in that house or how my dog reacted after that one friend and I used it. No way will I ever allow one in my house.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:00 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
I used one as a teen--never again. I used it with one friend in particular, and things really got freaky when he was contacting who knows what with me. I'll never forget what happened in that house or how my dog reacted after that one friend and I used it. No way will I ever allow one in my house.
What's the story?

Old 11-20-2018, 06:20 AM

Snort:

It just kept getting weirder and weirder. Objects would disappear, we would see shadow figures in the house and outside, and we even had an incident of an open bag of potato chips moving right in front of us as if something was inside. The dog's reaction was the most disturbing though. We had a very tame Irish Setter. We were in my sister's room with the board and then went into the kitchen to eat. The dog stood at the bedroom doorway and growled as if he was in fear and sensed something present--he never did this. He did this a couple of times. No more Ouija board for me.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:33 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Funny. I recieved a Ouija board for Christmas also. It didn't work when I tried it with my sisters and it didn't work. Later in the day, relatives visited. I tried it with a cousin. It flew around the borard with our fingers only lightly touching it. My mother and aunt asked what the nick name was of their uncle of their's who we had never met, and who died before my cousin and I were born. It knew the name.

This is one of the tricks low vibrating spirits use to draw you in.

We also had poltergiest activity around the house. That is not uncommon when people are using the Ouija board.
Excellent post.

I think I am of the thought that the board helps put you in the right mind to be receptive.

You know when someone is touching it intentionally, you can just tell. I always put my fingers lightly on the thing, so as not to impede the movement.

I recalled how my Dad had scolded me about numbers I did not write... matter of fact, I was down the block and this was done when nobody was home. Except for him. MY dad is not psychic, he could not have known the "number of the person" on the board.

I will not touch one ever since. Saw, curious as a kid.. no more.

Who else watches "Paranormal Witness?"

Old 11-20-2018, 07:35 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Snort:

It just kept getting weirder and weirder. Objects would disappear, we would see shadow figures in the house and outside, and we even had an incident of an open bag of potato chips moving right in front of us as if something was inside. The dog's reaction was the most disturbing though. We had a very tame Irish Setter. We were in my sister's room with the board and then went into the kitchen to eat. The dog stood at the bedroom doorway and growled as if he was in fear and sensed something present--he never did this. He did this a couple of times. No more Ouija board for me.
That would do it for me. Whatever that board "helped channel" was beginning to manifest, and as some of the malevolent spirits have no problem messing with something the human loves (they are the enemy of everything we like and love, they don't have remorse and actually are evil, sorry,) it was probably becoming ready to screw with your dog.

Get that board out. Once it represents the gateway it has to be desteoyed.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:30 AM

Creamer 1--Oh yes, it's long gone and destroyed. I haven't been near one in close to thirty years and wouldn't dream of allowing one in my house. Lesson learned, for sure.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:28 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
That would do it for me. Whatever that board "helped channel" was beginning to manifest, and as some of the malevolent spirits have no problem messing with something the human loves (they are the enemy of everything we like and love, they don't have remorse and actually are evil, sorry,) it was probably becoming ready to screw with your dog.

Get that board out. Once it represents the gateway it has to be desteoyed.

Many people who have "used this toy" have stated evil spirits came through.

One more time, it is not the board, it is your thought process that is contacting spirits, and nothing more.
If you are experiencing, or have experienced evil spirits, that is your own doing.

Simple solution to NOT having evil spirits contact is to say a prayer before any session involving contact, asking for protection from evil. and you can rest assured evil will stay away.

Throwing the board away makes about as much sense as throwing a game board away.
Neither has any power, and if you believe they do, you are only fooling yourself.

It is more than obvious that anyone who believes in the "power" of a ouija board, knows absolutely nothing about the paranormal.

Bob.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:52 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Many people who have "used this toy" have stated evil spirits came through.

One more time, it is not the board, it is your thought process that is contacting spirits, and nothing more.
If you are experiencing, or have experienced evil spirits, that is your own doing.

Simple solution to NOT having evil spirits contact is to say a prayer before any session involving contact, asking for protection from evil. and you can rest assured evil will stay away.

Throwing the board away makes about as much sense as throwing a game board away.
Neither has any power, and if you believe they do, you are only fooling yourself.

It is more than obvious that anyone who believes in the "power" of a ouija board, knows absolutely nothing about the paranormal.

Bob.
sometimes prayer is not enough bottom line contacting spirits is like driving down a country road without lights,a map,signs,or gps

Old 11-25-2018, 06:40 PM

777 posts, read 881,278 times
It is not that Ouija Boards are manufactured in a factory that determine how much power they have,
it is their use as a tool of the paranormal that does. Last I heard, the Holy Bible was made in factories.
So are guns and hammers. My suggestion is to stay away from Ouija Boards if you are not serious
about making contact with entities from other dimensions and are not equipped to handle them if
you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal