Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,907,447 times

Advertisements

^^^

Yes would risk it, and did, multiple times as a teenager and young adult. Nothing happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 05:50 PM

6,918 posts, read 6,832,021 times
Yes, we really dont have the scientific tools to measure these things. If we did, then we could do some investigations in a scientific manner, but until then we will just have to use circumstancial evidence for our reasoning whether this seeming attachment is caused or aided by the tools that are used.

There is a huge body of knowledge, not all of it reliable, from the old times. Many societies wrote handbooks for their occult knowledge and we do have access to these from books etc.

One of the most problematic areas in any research is funding, there are not very many independently funded research scientsts these days whereas in the old times, there were people who had their own wealth and could conduct experiments and research using their own money. These days, most funding comes from government and big business so that is what drives the avenues of research. Where is the company or military profit in researching ouija boards or ghosities or aliens or any paranormal activity?

Old 09-07-2013, 08:29 PM

112 posts, read 177,148 times
Simpy put, it is not a toy. I don't allow any in my homes nor will I go into a home where one has been used. Suposedly, "things" can get through one doorway into another dimension, if Lovecraft was anywhere near beng right. My advice,simple, use them at your own risk.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:39 PM

8,503 posts, read 10,914,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chaser View Post
Simpy put, it is not a toy. I don't allow any in my homes nor will I go into a home where one has been used. Suposedly, "things" can get through one doorway into another dimension, if Lovecraft was anywhere near beng right. My advice,simple, use them at your own risk.
I would never believe it is the board that allows spirit intervention, but the human thought process instead.
Bob.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:45 PM

170 posts, read 193,537 times
you will be playing with fire. stay away from the ouijas!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:51 PM

29,449 posts, read 19,542,454 times
I used it once, one week after my friend died in a car accident back 22 years ago (almost to the day, he died in late October). I can't explain how it moved, and how some questions were that we asked were spelled out. The girl that I was with did not know my friend. I suppose I moved it using mind over matter or something.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,230,125 times
Why does it work for some people and not others?

I've played with them before & never had any responses whatsoever.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 PM

170 posts, read 193,537 times
good question zoom zoom

Old 11-06-2013, 03:04 PM

8,503 posts, read 10,914,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Why does it work for some people and not others?

I've played with them before & never had any responses whatsoever.

If you take into consideration that spirit contact revolves around human thought, you have your answer.
Not all humans think alike, and not all humans are far enough progressed to summon spirits at will.
Most people when using a board, usually ask a question they already know the answer too.
Spirits have an uncanny ability at mental telepathy.
They are prepared to give an answer because they already knew the answer just from honing in on your thoughts.
So you ask, "then how do you explain the movement of the small triangle on the board ?"
If it is happening at all, (which I doubt) the movement would be akin to what we know as automatic writing.
In automatic writing, the spirit guides the hand of the person doing the writing.
I honestly believe if one has the power to summon spirits, they don't need a wooden board to converse with them.
I believe spirits would deem this practice of using a ouija board a bit childish.trivial, and nonsense.
What IS needed is an open mind, and the will to make contact.
One thing I have learned over the years is that spirits react on their own , and just because we sit down at a table with some strange piece of wood in front of us, is no guarantee we are going to make contact.
Spirits contact when THEY want too, not the other way around.
Bob.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:16 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,230,125 times
Interesting.

It could be that I didn't take it very seriously, so whatever's out there probably just chose to ignore me.

I have a friend who used one with the intent of speaking with demons & they never made contact with anything either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal