Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 09:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
The movie Prometheus floats a theory that
aliens created mankind and were so disappointed
with the results that they sought to destroy human
beings. Then there are female alien abductees who
tell stories about being impregnated then losing
the fetus prematurely with no clue to its whereabouts.
When you look at actresses like Cara Delevingne
and Amanda Seyfried, they have otherworldly
appearances. Not so difficult to forge bios when
the entire apparatus of the shadow government
is at your disposal.
Im not sure I believe all the claims of hybridization, to me, this theory sounds like its based too much in human logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 11:47 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asderfut View Post
Here is the scenario:
  1. The aliens want to make peaceful contact with the inhabitants of Earth.
  2. The only information they have available is imagery of Earth (essentially Google Maps with labels off).
  3. They understand that structures such as buildings and roads were built by an intelligent life-form (us).
  4. They do not have information on the political landscape of the world, only the physical.
  5. Their spaceship can be landed anywhere.
  6. They are only landing in one location.
  7. The ship will be landing.

Assuming these, where would this alien spaceship containing a diplomatic mission land?

My guess is aliens are more advanced than humans and would not land peacefully. They do not even try to communicate with our technology, which imo, shows their hostility. They just scope out Earth to take pictures and gather info, then zoom away. Given their weaponry, they don't come from a peaceful galaxy.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
My guess is aliens are more advanced than humans and would not land peacefully. They do not even try to communicate with our technology, which imo, shows their hostility. They just scope out Earth to take pictures and gather info, then zoom away. Given their weaponry, they don't come from a peaceful galaxy.
What weaponry is that?

Old 10-07-2019, 08:11 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Dude no no no, that's like the last place one would want to land. That's where that crazy American was killed by arrows trying to canoe there last year. If they do that to a human, imagine how they would react to ET. They would start an interstellar war!
Lol! Yes, they literally kill everybody & I wish the missionaries & such would just STOP trying to make contact with them because just one sneeze from our immune-modified bodies could wipe out their entire tribe.

Not to mention also that those are TINY islands with a dense tree canopy.

My thought was more along the lines that previously uncontacted peoples seem to have a deeper understanding of things that 'we' are oblivious to. Centuries of verbal history from the Native Americans are now off-limits to our ears after we disrespectfully, insisted on referring to it as 'mythology' & not one indigenous population has NOT been found in possession of drawings of aircraft & otherworldly appearing beings.

Who's to say that these uncontacted peoples don't know about or have not been contacted by aliens before? That unobstructed by noise & light pollution; that they have not been privy to the observations or interactions that we are insulated from?

Old 10-07-2019, 08:38 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I think that humans were genetically modified in our ( not altogether) distant past. And we've been allowed to progress under surveillance or with limited contact for some time. I believe there are very near " cousins" of human kind, offshoots that have been taken to other worlds by more advanced aliens. Maybe as servitors or slaves, maybe as agents or workers that have themselves become more advanced. They probably view us us primitive relatives like we'd view cave men or savages. Maybe( probably) aliens come back and abduct people for genetic stock. They could take sperm and ova or even take people who are never seen again. They probably have agents walking among us, maybe in the top level places of power and in the economy. Are they friendly? Probably not, given the sorry nature of our world economic leaders and government figures. But they may not be overtly hostile.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:32 PM

1,056 posts, read 725,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think that humans were genetically modified in our ( not altogether) distant past. And we've been allowed to progress under surveillance or with limited contact for some time. I believe there are very near " cousins" of human kind, offshoots that have been taken to other worlds by more advanced aliens. Maybe as servitors or slaves, maybe as agents or workers that have themselves become more advanced. They probably view us us primitive relatives like we'd view cave men or savages. Maybe( probably) aliens come back and abduct people for genetic stock. They could take sperm and ova or even take people who are never seen again. They probably have agents walking among us, maybe in the top level places of power and in the economy. Are they friendly? Probably not, given the sorry nature of our world economic leaders and government figures. But they may not be overtly hostile.
I personally don't believe that, but it's well-thought-out enough that it'd be hard to disprove for sure.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:40 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asderfut View Post
Here is the scenario:
  1. The aliens want to make peaceful contact with the inhabitants of Earth.
  2. The only information they have available is imagery of Earth (essentially Google Maps with labels off).
  3. They understand that structures such as buildings and roads were built by an intelligent life-form (us).
  4. They do not have information on the political landscape of the world, only the physical.
  5. Their spaceship can be landed anywhere.
  6. They are only landing in one location.
  7. The ship will be landing.

Assuming these, where would this alien spaceship containing a diplomatic mission land?

New York.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:37 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
New York.
And the first people they meet are ICE agents.

Old 12-26-2019, 11:49 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
IRRC NEW MEXICO has a spot for them.

Old 12-26-2019, 07:36 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cethtot View Post
Mankind is still outside the cosmic law, and the attitude towards it is still utilitarian. This will change if Humanity unites. Globalization. But the option of aggressive transnational corporations does not work.
And how do you know that aliens do not operated with aggressive trans-world corporations? Do you have a degree in cosmic law?

Personally I do not think that we have been contacted; regardless of all the sightings. Only about five or ten percent of those sightings are not explained and that does not mean alien; it means unknown!

I also cannot see them traveling this far unless they intend to replace us. That is basically what we did when we colonized other countries; enslave or replace was the name of the game. And what makes you think aliens would be any better? Currently we have all of our eggs in one basket. Many worlds are threatened by suns that are starting to act up or die. In some cases other galaxies, planets or black holes will collide with their world and they are simply looking for a new home. It would be all about survival and not necessarily ours.

In the near future I expect us to start exploring our solar system and attempting to start the process of colonization. It might not even be humanoid as we race for the 'singularity' with machines. That also might be what first contacts our world; robotics or a mix between AI and human intelligence: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/darp...umans-machines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal