U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,704,221 times

Advertisements

Years ago I read Whitley Strieber's "Communion." I haven't read a whole lot about aliens (except for science fiction of course!) and encounters since then.

For those of you who do believe it is possible that extra terrestrials have visited Earth, do you have any book recommendations about alien encounters? Books that would be considered non-fiction, even if they are not necessarily classified as such.

I know there is plenty available online - and things that I have read and watched (testimonials) have certainly piqued my interest.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 AM

745 posts, read 974,201 times
Yeah. 7 billion people on earth, and aliens somehow managed to probe the one anus belonging to Whitley Striber, who--SHOCKER--just so happened to be an author who writes books about aliens. Gee, with 1 in 7 billion odds of landing a jackpot like that, Mr. Striber is obviously raking in millions in Vegas.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:46 PM

5,785 posts, read 4,501,379 times
You might find the following interesting:

Jacques Vallée - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
John Edward Mack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Psychosocial hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suspect a lot of these experiences (including Streiber's, assuming he didn't just make it all up for $$) are due to hypnopompic hallucinations ... as were the incubus/succubus phenomenon in the middle ages. Back then we had demons; today we have greys.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:22 PM

13,618 posts, read 22,245,876 times
Keep it civil, people. We are allowed to have discussions and we are allowed to our own opinions, but I get the final say if someone steps over the line here. I am older and civility and manners STILL MATTER.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 PM

18,847 posts, read 33,859,367 times
I once watched X Files on Alien Abduction, and could not sleep the rest of the night. I have seen many unexplained things at night in the desert, once at Lake Powell, a huge fireball, like a meteor, but it swerved, even my Uncle could not explain it.

I would not rule it out.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:03 PM

2,714 posts, read 2,749,927 times
Check out Stan Romaneks books.
He's the guy who claimed he videos a alien his window.

His story is really interesting. Basically claims he was/is being sent messages.
Stanromanek.com ---his site

"Messages" his first book was really good.

His next books didn't interest me much.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:31 AM

4,754 posts, read 4,704,221 times
Thanks for the genuine responses - I will look those up!

Uh, the rest of you can go to some other forum. Thanks

Old 07-14-2013, 10:19 AM

2,008 posts, read 6,320,717 times
Aw come on people. The new norm is that aliens are coming from the center of the earth where they have lived for million/billions of years......Their not driving far at all.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:09 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,765,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Years ago I read Whitley Strieber's "Communion." I haven't read a whole lot about aliens (except for science fiction of course!) and encounters since then.

For those of you who do believe it is possible that extra terrestrials have visited Earth, do you have any book recommendations about alien encounters? Books that would be considered non-fiction, even if they are not necessarily classified as such.

I know there is plenty available online - and things that I have read and watched (testimonials) have certainly piqued my interest.

Thanks!
Are you writer? There are many clips on youtube and talk shows that talk about this.

One of them was on Coast to Coast AM :

The Coast to Coast AM : Nick Redfern : Men in Black Phenomenon. That should be enough ideas if you are writing you own book.

Coast to Coast AM : Nick Redfern : Men in Black Phenomenon - YouTube

There are other videos and clips on youtube on this subject.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,765,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Yeah. 7 billion people on earth, and aliens somehow managed to probe the one anus belonging to Whitley Striber, who--SHOCKER--just so happened to be an author who writes books about aliens. Gee, with 1 in 7 billion odds of landing a jackpot like that, Mr. Striber is obviously raking in millions in Vegas.
Not if the abductions are in country or a remote areas . If it in the city or suburb there is going to be many people seeing the UFO.

There is no way you can not be seen in the city or suburb.No advance race would do abductions in the city or suburb , just asking to be seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal