Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,852,021 times

Advertisements

I have had lots of dreams about my hair changing colors or lengths in the past but last night I had an odd dream where my hair burned off. It didn't burn off completely, just to my chin. I was upset because it had taken me a long time to grow my hair. I wasn't hurt in any other way by the burning.

Anyone have an idea of what this may mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 06:23 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Is your hair a big deal to you? Meaning do you constantly focus on it being a certain length and color? Or worry about it looking perfect?

Old 07-16-2013, 06:51 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,852,021 times
Hair was a big deal in my family growing up. My mother had baby fine hair which she bleached within an inch of it s existence, so much so that she had to wear a wig in order to maintain what she thought her hair should look like. She was always making a big deal when people had thick hair because she didn't. My sisters and I all are hyperconscious of hair.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:08 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Well there you have it! An upbringing of being exposed to deep subconscious conditioning about obsessing over hair in your family.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 AM

799 posts, read 1,549,186 times
I don't think this one is that simply dismissed. Fire often symbolizes transformation. Hair can be sexual prowess, strength, etc. because the OP stated that her mother made a federal case about hair, in this situation the OP could be "burning off" some of those feelings about her mother. From some of her other threads, its clear that her mother was not the nicest person....

Old 07-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
I don't think this one is that simply dismissed. Fire often symbolizes transformation. Hair can be sexual prowess, strength, etc. because the OP stated that her mother made a federal case about hair, in this situation the OP could be "burning off" some of those feelings about her mother. From some of her other threads, its clear that her mother was not the nicest person....
I do considering the conditioning she was exposed to from both her mother and her siblings while growing up.

Now if she was not exposed to their behaviors then sure I would not have thought what I did.

You can google dream interpretations but in general I don't believe that these apply most of the time.

I don't believe I have ever had a dream about my hair My dreams are too busy with lots of action to be worrying about my hair

I did have a wild dream once that my solid black cat came home totally bald! I think it was right after the first Austin Powers movie came out with those hairless cats that mortified me
Click image for larger version

Name:	hairlesscat.jpg
Views:	1772
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	114768

This is what you will find when you search for what it means to dream that your hair is burning. But again her severe conditioning by her mother and siblings is why I think she dreamt it.

Seeing hair in your dream means sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes.
  • If your hair is knotted or tangled, then it is symbolic of uncertainty and confusion in your life. You may be unable to think straight.
  • Dreaming that you are cutting your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may feel that someone is trying to censor you. Alternatively, you may be reshaping your thinking or ambitions and eliminating unwanted thoughts/habits.
  • Dreaming that you are combing, stroking or styling your hair, suggests that you are taking on and evaluating a new idea, concept, outlook, or way of thinking. You may be putting your thoughts in order and getting your facts straight. A more literal interpretation suggests your concerns about your self-image and appearance.
  • Dreaming that you have long hair indicates that you are thinking long and carefully before making some decision. You are concentrating on some plan or situation.
  • Dreaming that you are losing your hair indicates that you are concerned with the notion that you are getting older and losing your sex appeal/virility. You are preoccupied with aging and your appearance. Losing you hair also signify a lack of strength and that you do not possess the power to succeed in an undertaking. You may be feeling weak and vulnerable.
  • Dreaming that someone is smelling your hair indicates sexual curiosity and your need for some sensual stimulation. You have a lot to learn about a relationship. The way yours or someone else's hair smell may remind your of a particular person.
  • Dreaming that you are reaching for someone's hair, suggests that you are trying to connect with that person on a spiritual or intellectual level. It also refers to sympathy, protectiveness, and fraternal love.
  • Dreaming that the wind is blowing through your hair means freedom to express uninhibited feelings. You are "letting your hair down".
  • Dreaming that your hair is white or turns white indicates that something important has just been made aware to you. It is a symbol of wisdom and insight. The dream may also be a metaphor suggesting that you are feeling "light-headed".

Last edited by TVC15; 07-17-2013 at 02:42 PM..

Old 07-17-2013, 02:13 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
I think you should get a perm.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I think you should get a perm.
Going natural is best until you start to grey

Old 07-17-2013, 04:16 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Going natural is best until you start to grey
I agree and disagree!

I've gone natural my whole life. Not once have I ever colored or bleached my hair. It is baby fine, but I have a thick head of it! Even my hair cutter (not dresser because all she does is wash and cut) has commented on my fine healthy hair.

I started going gray about 20 years ago (in my 30s) and let it go. Now I am all gray - salt and pepper - and I love my hair.

I get lots of compliments on my color and my cut (I keep it very, very short!) and could not be happier.

Dreaming of my hair burning would really gross me out - the smell of burning hair is nauseating. I've actually burnt all the hair off my face - including my bangs - and can smell it just thinking about it.
So sorry, OP, that you had to dream of such a nasty thing.

I do agree with most that you dreamed such a thing because of your family preoccupation with hair. Makes more sense than all that sexual stuff.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I agree and disagree!

I've gone natural my whole life. Not once have I ever colored or bleached my hair. It is baby fine, but I have a thick head of it! Even my hair cutter (not dresser because all she does is wash and cut) has commented on my fine healthy hair.

I started going gray about 20 years ago (in my 30s) and let it go. Now I am all gray - salt and pepper - and I love my hair.

I get lots of compliments on my color and my cut (I keep it very, very short!) and could not be happier.

Dreaming of my hair burning would really gross me out - the smell of burning hair is nauseating. I've actually burnt all the hair off my face - including my bangs - and can smell it just thinking about it.
So sorry, OP, that you had to dream of such a nasty thing.

I do agree with most that you dreamed such a thing because of your family preoccupation with hair. Makes more sense than all that sexual stuff.
Well grey may look good on you but it does not on me

I HATE dying my hair but if not I would have that horrid grey in my temples and on top of my head but no where else. Sadly I had the most beautiful colored hair before it started greying...it was golden with natural highlights and in the fall it turned amberish. They don't make this color in a bottle

But believe me I don't look good with grey temples and grey top.

I agree the dream was due to the deep mental conditionings she received while growing up with hair obsessed mother and sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal