U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 07:55 PM

4,190 posts, read 3,119,530 times

Advertisements

It is a fun horror film but don't take it seriously. Ed and Lorraine, god bless them, are pretty well known to be hoaxers who sometimes helped others perpetrate hoaxes, and sometimes played on the fears of families with genuine pathologies requiring therapy rather than con artists.

But I repeat, in terms of being a horror film, it hit all of the numbers and did a good job.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 01:18 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,694,858 times
I watched this with my husband a couple of months ago and lost sleep over it. Very scary.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:27 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,917,929 times
I watched this recently, I liked it. Had some scary parts. Didn't lose sleep over it. Went around for days afterwards with my family "clapping" as a joke actually. Kinda funny. I think this role for Lili Taylor was an upgrade from her role as Eleanor in "The Haunting" (although I still LOVE the original with Claire Bloom).

The ending got a little lame though.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:43 PM

19,459 posts, read 23,110,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
The ending got a little lame though.
Agreed. The first 100 minutes of the movie were scary because of the subtlety of what you DON'T see. The last 15 minutes of the movie seemed to say, "Ah, forget that. Show everything! Special effects! Special effects! Special effects!"

Old 02-04-2014, 03:51 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,191,223 times
That possession scene was unnecessary.The effectiveness of the style the movie was shot, was the horror style of suspense.

The clapping was original and creepy, and our family spook each other now by clapping too.

In addition, I listen to interviews with Andrea Peron, and apparently her mother was upset at being portrayed as such a monster.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:22 PM

The story took A LOT of liberties with the supposed "real" haunting.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:38 AM

112 posts, read 161,794 times
What sounds good and the finished product aren't always the same. Yep, it interested me, on initial reviews but after seeing it, I was not happy with how I decided to spend my money that afternoon. If you want to go and see it, well, it's your money.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 PM

754 posts, read 888,826 times
There's two more coming out. They are doing a prequel with the Annabelle doll. That will be released first. Then the second movie is the warrens I believe in London? Some over seas case? It won't be amityville unfortunately

Old 02-10-2014, 03:03 PM

112 posts, read 161,794 times
Guess we'll just have to wait and see. The way movies are going these days, I might save money and just watch paint dry.

Guess we'll just scde ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 02-11-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
There's two more coming out. They are doing a prequel with the Annabelle doll. That will be released first. Then the second movie is the warrens I believe in London? Some over seas case? It won't be amityville unfortunately
I'm kind of disappointed to hear that. Maybe I just got burned on Chucky, but I just don't find dolls all that scary. Creepy? Yes. All dolls are creepy. But truly scary? No.

I doubt we'll see any Amityville. There was a brief mention of it at the end of The Conjuring, but the whole Amityville Horror "haunting" has been pretty well exposed as a fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal