U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 02:59 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,662,469 times

Advertisements

My fiance's birthday is in April and I would like to make it special this year. He loves haunted stuff...ghost stuff...and I know he would love to either do a ghost hunt, or stay in a room that is supposed to be haunted. I don't even know where to start looking. It would be nice to be at least near NJ but I would be willing to drive up to 6 hours (we live in central NJ) if it is somewhere we are staying for a weekend. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 05:35 PM

20,788 posts, read 26,077,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
My fiance's birthday is in April and I would like to make it special this year. He loves haunted stuff...ghost stuff...and I know he would love to either do a ghost hunt, or stay in a room that is supposed to be haunted. I don't even know where to start looking. It would be nice to be at least near NJ but I would be willing to drive up to 6 hours (we live in central NJ) if it is somewhere we are staying for a weekend. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
I'd go the the Lizzie Bordon Bed and Breakfast and museum in Fall River, Massachusetts.

Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast Museum - Home

You will get to stay in the house where Lizzie took an axe and murdered her father and stepmother. Or didn't, as she was never convicted. People disagree about her guilt.

What people do not disagree about is that this house, the site of a grizzly Victorian murder, is; to put it mildly; haunted as hell.

If you want to make it a longer weekend, drive up to Salem Massachusetts!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:51 PM

2,008 posts, read 6,318,880 times
Check out places near you on the internet and expand out for places you might want to visit.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:54 PM

Thank you Sheena that's an awesome idea! I was actually reading up on that story not too long ago.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:37 PM

20,788 posts, read 26,077,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
Thank you Sheena that's an awesome idea! I was actually reading up on that story not too long ago.

I think it's perfect! Place to stay and a haunted destination. They also serve meals there and you and your BF will be able to meet others who share your interest.

Even if you aren't into the paranormal, it's an interesting crime. The Borden house has been restored to look the way it did when the crime was committed.

It's a tad under four hours away from Central NJ.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:51 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,896,326 times
Is the Eastern State Penitentiary open for ghost hunters?

Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Is the Eastern State Penitentiary open for ghost hunters?
I'm not sure. We did the daytime tour a couple of years ago, which was AWESOME. Creepy place with a lot of history. I can't remember if they do actual ghost hunts. My hairdresser is a ghost hunter as well, so I'm going to ask her for ideas as well.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:00 PM

7,478 posts, read 6,268,880 times
Gettysburg, PA

That place is BADLY haunted, or so I've been told from many sources. Sure, personal experiences aren't exactly science, but when normally rational, level-headed, educated people that I've known for years speak of "things that go bump in the night" haunting that battlefield that they've experienced, I'm inclined to believe them. My brother and I visited there about 10 years ago, and the place felt... wrong... somehow, even in the day. Sure, it's quiet and peaceful, but there was just something very off about it. We didn't stick around to after nightfall to find out any more!

Old 08-04-2013, 12:12 PM

341 posts, read 612,626 times
One time while I was living in NY I decided to go out and wander around. Turned onto this horrible road in New Jersey and had the biggest feeling of dread in my life.

Went home and googled it, turns out it was one of the most haunted roads in America.

Clinton Rd., New Jersey.

The too long/didn't read story: Mafia killer buried many bodies out there, his nick name was the "Ice Man."

Here's the links to get acquainted:
The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer - Richard Kuklinski
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Road_(New_Jersey)
Clinton Road, New Jersey: The most terrifying road in the U.S.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:45 AM

297 posts, read 674,461 times
Fort Delaware! Accessible via ferry from Delaware City, DE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal