U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 AM

42 posts, read 70,855 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if a house can be open to different ghosts/spirits just passing through on their way somewhere else.

I have had several different relatives I know come and go often, but also have some that are not anyone I know. I just know when they're here. Just seems like they're hanging out.

One man in the garage was checking out our 68 mustang. A little boy with dark curly hair was playing in the living room and kept looking around to see my laptop screen. A lady was sitting at the end of the couch for a couple days. Those are the strongest ones I've felt and glimpsed. others are not as memorable.

Anyway, just wondering if this is common, or what?? And how can I let them know it's okay to come through here??
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 01:14 AM

6,928 posts, read 8,632,062 times
Are you saying you have seen these spirits taking on a human form, meaning you actually saw them as though they were human?
Bob.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:08 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,222,643 times
Spirits or engeries can come and go in a house where they are welcome and your energies are open to them in your space. since we dont know if all these interactions are based on present time or future or past energies mixing with our timeline I would say if you know they are there they know your open to them being in your space. Your space can be protected to only allow positive energies or spirits but having a open door might also bring in something else. Often some spirits are attached to some objects and or connected so they can find them in the afterlife if they have importance to them. Which is often why some spirits get upset when you break or change their house. :-)
By the way when your energy I'm not sure your bound down to time and space and when you want to visit or how you visit.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Are you saying you have seen these spirits taking on a human form, meaning you actually saw them as though they were human?
Bob.
Ok I know it sounds insane, but the lady on the couch I kind of saw. Not colors of her clothes or anything, but her shape. She was sitting with her feet flat on the floor and her hands on her lap. she was there off and on for a few days. The little boy, I just felt him. Caught brief glimpses. He had dark curly hair, and these eyes that I don't know what color they were, but they had a twinkle. And he was smiling. He felt like he was mischievous. The man was in older clothes like from the 30-40ish mechanical clothes. Like the high waisted pants and shirt. I was in the garage when I felt him.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 PM

6,928 posts, read 8,632,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Mustang View Post
Ok I know it sounds insane, but the lady on the couch I kind of saw. Not colors of her clothes or anything, but her shape. She was sitting with her feet flat on the floor and her hands on her lap. she was there off and on for a few days. The little boy, I just felt him. Caught brief glimpses. He had dark curly hair, and these eyes that I don't know what color they were, but they had a twinkle. And he was smiling. He felt like he was mischievous. The man was in older clothes like from the 30-40ish mechanical clothes. Like the high waisted pants and shirt. I was in the garage when I felt him.

I have often referred people who have had paranormal experiences to one of the most informative books on the subject.
I think it would serve you well to read this book.
I have taken a brief excerpt from that book regarding "seeing" those who have passed beyond the bounds of this planet.
This is a copy of another post I made on the subject, and I think you will find it in direct conflict with what you say you experienced.

"In many threads and post in this forum dealing with the spirits, and paranormal behavior, many have said they saw a deceased relative or love one, while others claim to see "ghost" in a variety of places, and situations.
I know through experience, we are capable of communicating with those who have passed on, but seeing them is another thing.
Our human minds are capable of conjuring up all kinds of things, and seeing a spirit is just one of them.
As those who have read any of my post on the subject, I often recommend one particular book because I find that in all my research, this one particular edition seems to be right on the money when it comes to explaining spirits,and the worlds in which they exist.
I find no reason why the author of this book would use this medium to tell falsehoods.
There is nothing to be gained by doing this.
Many of the things I read in this book seem to offer a logical explanation to the many things we as humans fail to understand.
Getting back to humans "seeing" ghost or spirits; To understand why that is not possible, we need to know what a spirit is made of.
The Spirits' Book of which I speak, for the most part is written in a question answer format.
The Author, and those mediums working with him, are the ones asking the question, and the spirits are the ones answering them.
I am going to quote just a few question and answers from that book that deal with the "makeup" of spirits, and should provide enough proof that as humans we are not capable of seeing these ghost or spirits.

To begin:
Question- " Have souls a determinate,circumscribed,and unvarying form?"
Answer- "Not for eyes such as yours; but, for us, they have a form, though only to be vaguely imagined by you as a flame, a gleam, or an ethereal spark."
Question- "Is this flame or spark of any colour"?
Answer- "If you could see it, it would appear to you to vary from a dull grey to the brilliancy of the ruby, according to the degree of the spirit's purity."
Question- "Is the spirit properly so called, without a covering,or is it, as some declare, surrounded by a substance of some kind?"
Answer- "The spirit is enveloped in a substance which would appear to you as mere vapor, but which, nevertheless, appears very gross to us, though it is sufficiently vaporous to allow the spirit to float in the atmosphere, and to transport itself through space at pleasure".

These qualities described by the spirits themselves make it a mere impossibility for we humans to see a ghost or spirit as so many have claimed to have done.
These people who swear they have seen a loved one are seeing what they want to see, so they believe they are seeing these things.
The mind is a persuasive tool, and sometimes things are not as they seem."

Bob.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have often referred people who have had paranormal experiences to one of the most informative books on the subject.
I think it would serve you well to read this book.
I have taken a brief excerpt from that book regarding "seeing" those who have passed beyond the bounds of this planet.
This is a copy of another post I made on the subject, and I think you will find it in direct conflict with what you say you experienced.

"In many threads and post in this forum dealing with the spirits, and paranormal behavior, many have said they saw a deceased relative or love one, while others claim to see "ghost" in a variety of places, and situations.
I know through experience, we are capable of communicating with those who have passed on, but seeing them is another thing.
Our human minds are capable of conjuring up all kinds of things, and seeing a spirit is just one of them.
As those who have read any of my post on the subject, I often recommend one particular book because I find that in all my research, this one particular edition seems to be right on the money when it comes to explaining spirits,and the worlds in which they exist.
I find no reason why the author of this book would use this medium to tell falsehoods.
There is nothing to be gained by doing this.
Many of the things I read in this book seem to offer a logical explanation to the many things we as humans fail to understand.
Getting back to humans "seeing" ghost or spirits; To understand why that is not possible, we need to know what a spirit is made of.
The Spirits' Book of which I speak, for the most part is written in a question answer format.
The Author, and those mediums working with him, are the ones asking the question, and the spirits are the ones answering them.
I am going to quote just a few question and answers from that book that deal with the "makeup" of spirits, and should provide enough proof that as humans we are not capable of seeing these ghost or spirits.

To begin:
Question- " Have souls a determinate,circumscribed,and unvarying form?"
Answer- "Not for eyes such as yours; but, for us, they have a form, though only to be vaguely imagined by you as a flame, a gleam, or an ethereal spark."
Question- "Is this flame or spark of any colour"?
Answer- "If you could see it, it would appear to you to vary from a dull grey to the brilliancy of the ruby, according to the degree of the spirit's purity."
Question- "Is the spirit properly so called, without a covering,or is it, as some declare, surrounded by a substance of some kind?"
Answer- "The spirit is enveloped in a substance which would appear to you as mere vapor, but which, nevertheless, appears very gross to us, though it is sufficiently vaporous to allow the spirit to float in the atmosphere, and to transport itself through space at pleasure".

These qualities described by the spirits themselves make it a mere impossibility for we humans to see a ghost or spirit as so many have claimed to have done.
These people who swear they have seen a loved one are seeing what they want to see, so they believe they are seeing these things.
The mind is a persuasive tool, and sometimes things are not as they seem."

Bob.
I haven't seen my relatives. Although it would be freaking awesome. I do not know who these people are. Except for the lady on the couch, I have mostly felt them. I have a friend, I post the pics too when I feel these and she is the one who confirms what I feel. The lady was vapor like. I could see it was a lady and she was sitting. She didn't do anything or move, just sat there. The little boy, I just knew he was there, and the same with the man in the garage.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just know what I saw. lol If they are just passing through here on their way someplace else that is awseome. They are more than welcome to pass through our house.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:43 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,733,902 times
It is likely that those you are encountering are attached to the house or land in some way.
My first ghost experience, the first time I only felt him. But after that there was a door down stairs that he would always open, and once I saw him sitting on the couch. My mother saw the same thing, but at a later date....and I had not told her that I saw him. We all knew he was there. The door he would constantly open was to a room that contained his gun and sword collection. He was the one who built the house and we were second owners.

Another ghost, which I never saw, was a child who once lived on the land.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
It is likely that those you are encountering are attached to the house or land in some way.
My first ghost experience, the first time I only felt him. But after that there was a door down stairs that he would always open, and once I saw him sitting on the couch. My mother saw the same thing, but at a later date....and I had not told her that I saw him. We all knew he was there. The door he would constantly open was to a room that contained his gun and sword collection. He was the one who built the house and we were second owners.

Another ghost, which I never saw, was a child who once lived on the land.
The house is a double wide we put here in 4/99. Before that it was undeveloped land in Northeastern Oregon. Right off the Columbia River. I have seen things since I was about 17-18 and we moved into an apt. My Mom, sister and I. Since then all 3 of us have had experiences. Mom is gone now, and my sister is scared of it so she ignores it. I am not the only one who has had something happen to them, or something they own. Not bad, just hidden. lol

Interesting side note is this was a place that kids went and had keggers at, called "the couch". For at least 30 years before we moved out here. I graduated in 79 and came out here all 4 years of high school. lol Took us a year after living here to recognize we had bought the couch. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal