U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM

504 posts, read 676,563 times

Advertisements

Mysterious priest performs miracle to help Katie Lentz from car crash

Read the comments at the end of the story - more "guardian angel" examples.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 05:58 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,364,977 times
I definitely believe. When I was in my early 20's my buddy who lived up the street and I were BSing as I was washing my car at my mothers house. The block was a straight, flat block with cookie cutter houses and we knew basically everyone who lived in that immediate area having grown up there. I forget what we were talking about, but out of nowhere an old man appeared and started talking to us. He had a hat on (like the kind war vets would wear) and was telling us how his wife was very sick. We talked for a few minutes and he went on his way. My friend and I looked at each other and we both did not recognize him, I remember saying that I had never seen that guy before. I looked in the direction he walked in (again, a straight flat block and only seconds have elapsed) and he was gone as soon as he appeared. My friend and I looked at each other and I said "did we just see a ghost" and he said with this straight face "yeah, I think so". I had not seen the old man since, but man, what a trip that was.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:08 PM

7,016 posts, read 8,719,445 times
When ever I read that someone has "seen" a ghost, or spirit, I am brought back to something I read in a book in my collection.
I firmly believe we as humans are incapable of seeing spirits, or ghost, and this link I post here explains why I believe as I do.
//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...d-you-see.html

Now, with so many instances of reported ghost sightings, I wanted to delve into what may be causing these unusual experiences, and a possible explanation.
To begin with, I am no scholar that grew up with his nose in a book constantly, so my background ,like most of you, is limited.
As stated in the link I posted, I believe "the spirit's book" is authentic, and truthful in it's analysis of the spirit world.(after all, it was written by spirits themselves, and who better to believe ?)
Perhaps when it states "not for eyes such as your's" it is also stating that it is still possible for we humans to "see" these spirits and ghost by other means, though that is not mentioned.
So what am I getting at here?
I think it safe to say that those who believe in spirits and ghost, also believe they are part of all humans, and animals.
Though they can't be seen as part of our human body, they still exist within each of us.
So, why are they there?
Why does one spirit choose one human existence over another?
Those questions do have answers, but it is not necessary to go into them in this post.
What I would like to discuss is how some humans are able to "see" ghost, while others are not.
After watching the video, and reading the replies to that video, it caused me to ask just how are these people able to "see" these ghost?
I may have an explanation for that.(at least something that is plausible).
If it is, that spirits and ghost are "not for eyes such as ours", then perhaps we are seeing these things not through our eyes, but the eyes of the spirit within each of us.
I believe the spirit within all of us is the ruling factor of each and everything we do as humans.
We are doing all that our spirit dictates to our conscious mind.
We see,, and react to things only because the spirit within is in charge.
So who is to say how one actually "sees" something that others can not?
This as I have stated here may well be the answer.
We don't see these ghost,(we are incapable of doing so) our spirit within, through OUR eyes is seeing these ghost and spirits.
The image is recorded in our conscious mind, so we as humans do believe it is we humans that are seeing what we are seeing, when in fact we are not.
It may sound a bit confusing, but clearly could be the reason some are able to "see" while others are not.
Some have stated they have had conversations with these spirits, and I know through experience that is true.
I revert back to a statement above, "the spirit within each of us controls all that we as humans do".
Out thought processes originate from the spirit within.
Our physical movements originate from the spirit within.
I believe seeing spirits has it's origin within the spirit within each of us.
That would most definitely explain why some can "see", while others can not.
Bob.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:38 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,292,737 times
Quote:
we are seeing these things not through our eyes, but the eyes of the spirit within each of us.
I think that's very well phrased, Bob, and it rings true to me. I also hope that, as they say, "the veil is thinning," and soon we will all be more able to see the angels who walk among us with our spirits' eyes.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:52 AM

I think we should try to keep this story alive; I have a sense that the human population is going to begin seeing more of these unexplainable people who just "show up and disappear" -- and that (hopefully) it means we're getting closer to spirit:

Artist creates sketch of mysterious 'angel priest' who appeared at Mo. crash scene | Fox News

This link is the only place I could find an update within 24 hours. But the girl remains in serious condition -- at BLESSING Hospital. A witness was able to say what he looked like, but it doesn't quite jibe with the artist's illustration.

I hope the media aren't trying to bury this story because it's too "nice" and not sensational, violent, or sexy enough. I think this is the kind of news we NEED!

Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 PM

3,181 posts, read 3,924,341 times
There is a great thread on this forum that ran last fall or winter about guardian angels. Lots of good stories there, including several of my own.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:07 PM

10,938 posts, read 12,439,187 times
I think this is a true phenomenon. Spirit finds a way to do what it does--can be through a "priest," animals, whatever messenger reaches through to you. I think it's a thing of showing us we're not alone. I only wish we focused on these things instead of the stuff our society tends to focus on.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:12 AM

Well, seems a priest has come forward, looking nothing like the witnesses' description (according to the illustration on previous link):

Patrick Dowling identified: Mystery priest who anointed a young car crash victim and then vanished prompting claims it was divine intervention | Mail Online

I suppose first responders were just so hyped up in the confusion that they didn't stop to notice him walk away. I'm glad she's recovering. That's the main thing.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 AM

504 posts, read 676,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Well, seems a priest has come forward, looking nothing like the witnesses' description (according to the illustration on previous link):

Patrick Dowling identified: Mystery priest who anointed a young car crash victim and then vanished prompting claims it was divine intervention | Mail Online

I suppose first responders were just so hyped up in the confusion that they didn't stop to notice him walk away. I'm glad she's recovering. That's the main thing.
I saw the story this morning. Glad that he was able to provide comfort to her!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 PM

8,854 posts, read 10,612,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post

Just an example of how notoriously unreliable witnesses can be. People say they see things they didn't actually see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal