Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you believed that celebrities were dead only to find out years later they are still alive?
Yes, I have had this experience. It is some kind of a timeslip 8 15.38%
Yes I have had this experience. I dont think it has anything to do with timeslips. 14 26.92%
No, I think it is just media mis-reporting 7 13.46%
No, it is our minds playing tricks and we mis-remembered the event. 18 34.62%
No, for some other reason 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:29 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times

Advertisements

I did not want to post this in the celebs forum since it is mainly about the evidence for timeslips and timelines changing under our feet.

On other forums there have been threads where people have noticed what is perhaps some kind of change to the timeline we are living in on Earth. I wanted to see if anyone has any experience of this here on City-Data, and to show you that you are not going crazy.

The evidence for this comes in many ways, but in this case I want to explore the reported deaths of celebs and the following funerals and associated media coverage. People distinctly remember hearing about these deaths in the news and in the papers, and sometimes even attending memorial dinners etc. Sometimes they distinctly remember having an argument or discussion with their family about these people due to them being fans or followers of these celebrities.

Obviously if you love some songs by a singer celebrity, then you are going to be interested in what they are doing and will be devastated to hear of their death, yet in some cases in the future you may find out they are still alive. There are a number of these people who have had their deaths reported along with the associated memorial programs or events and then later have been found to be still alive. Perhaps it has been reported that these celebs have subsequently been admitted to hospital with an illness or have attended an opening function. Often we are gob-smacked to hear and amazed that these people are still alive because we genuinely though they had been dead for a number of years.

For me, such is the case with Billy Graham the preacher recently.

I realise that sometime the media gets it wrong and does not check their sources properly. they want to be the first to report stuff, but in these cases there will not be funerals, memorials and tribute dinners etc.,afterwards, all of which people remember attending. If you follow a celebrity, then you will make enquiries yourself to check the validity of thany news of their death, you will talk to other people who also like these celebs, you will read stuff in the papers etc.

So, now is the time to realise that you were not going crazy and that really, this is evidence for the way the timelines are changing under our feet.

Is it just me on this forum, or has anyone else heard of these kind of crazy things happening in their lives and where were you and what evidence was there for what you heard being the truth at that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 05:53 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I did not want to post this in the celebs forum since it is mainly about the evidence for timeslips and timelines changing under our feet.

On other forums there have been threads where people have noticed what is perhaps some kind of change to the timeline we are living in on Earth. I wanted to see if anyone has any experience of this here on City-Data, and to show you that you are not going crazy.

The evidence for this comes in many ways, but in this case I want to explore the reported deaths of celebs and the following funerals and associated media coverage. People distinctly remember hearing about these deaths in the news and in the papers, and sometimes even attending memorial dinners etc. Sometimes they distinctly remember having an argument or discussion with their family about these people due to them being fans or followers of these celebrities.

Obviously if you love some songs by a singer celebrity, then you are going to be interested in what they are doing and will be devastated to hear of their death, yet in some cases in the future you may find out they are still alive. There are a number of these people who have had their deaths reported along with the associated memorial programs or events and then later have been found to be still alive. Perhaps it has been reported that these celebs have subsequently been admitted to hospital with an illness or have attended an opening function. Often we are gob-smacked to hear and amazed that these people are still alive because we genuinely though they had been dead for a number of years.

For me, such is the case with Billy Graham the preacher recently.

I realise that sometime the media gets it wrong and does not check their sources properly. they want to be the first to report stuff, but in these cases there will not be funerals, memorials and tribute dinners etc.,afterwards, all of which people remember attending. If you follow a celebrity, then you will make enquiries yourself to check the validity of thany news of their death, you will talk to other people who also like these celebs, you will read stuff in the papers etc.

So, now is the time to realise that you were not going crazy and that really, this is evidence for the way the timelines are changing under our feet.

Is it just me on this forum, or has anyone else heard of these kind of crazy things happening in their lives and where were you and what evidence was there for what you heard being the truth at that time.
Yes, this has happened to me. I DISTINCTLY remember sitting in a waiting room at a oil-change place some time around 1990, reading a Newsweek magazine at the end of the year when they had the "and seeing where actor Bob Hoskins had died from a heart attack. There was a very large photograph of him (in a brown wool coat and flat cap looking UP from the street) and they went into a lot of detail about his previous movie work, the most recent of which was Roger Rabbit.

I was mighty shocked to hear several years later that he was going to be in another movie.

I also remember hearing that Producer Blake Edwards had died many, many years ago, right about the time that his wife, Julie Andrews had lost her voice to a medical procedure around (1997). I recall thinking to myself, "First she loses her voice and now this". There was some kind of time shift and he ended up missing his visit from the grim reaper only to actually die (again!) in 2011.

There have been others, but those are the two that immediately come to mind. Radio personality George Noory did a show about this on Coast to Coast AM once, I believe. It's a fairly common occurrence, go figure.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 PM

What is strange too, is that when you go back now and try to find evidence for this kind of thing on the internet, it is not there. Almost like it has been purged from online. If anyone has any newspaper cuttings from the time or any written documentation, then I think that would have survived the 'timeslip' if this is what it is. My theory is that it is our immediate environment which is changing and on a different timeline to the timeline of the celebrity (or of others) so anything which comes with us is probably preserved in our timeline. Hence looking for documentation of these things may give us the proof that something strange which we do not realise or understand is happening.

I thought this would be an interesting different topic to discuss on this forum rather than the normal ghostie ones, but at the same time being within the paranormal area..

Old 08-12-2013, 06:16 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Well.... my husband has done something sorta similar. Back before there was an internet, and computers were programmed with punched paper tape and punch cards, and programming one to play Bohemian Rhapsody took WEEKS to do using Cobol.....

He was at a party, and he and friends started talking about Groucho Marx, and my husband said he was dead. They all disagreed, but he stuck to his guns, and said I don't know when it happened but Groucho Marx is dead. I'm 100% positive.

You guessed it.... that night on the news Groucho's death was announced.

He has a previous flash years before -- for some reason he knew Jack Benny had died -- told his mother about it. That night on the news....there it was....

Old 08-12-2013, 06:54 PM

We may find that some people like your husband can tap into other timelines and see what is down the line for their own timeline.
History records many soothsayers and seers and I am sure this happens

However, this discussion is more about these deaths being reported in the media and then us confirming it in other ways at the time, then after years passed, suddenly finding out that these folk - who we absolutely believed were dead have mysteriously still been alive all this time.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:17 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,822,767 times
What is interesting here is that, if true, and the hard evidence are no longer available (would it be like Back to the Future, watching people in a photo fade away, etc?), why would certain people retain a memory of it? If the timeline changes, shouldn't the events no longer relevant be erased from memory as it hadn't actually happened that way. A flaw in the way timelines work, or just an overactive imagination or false memories. Strange. As far as I know such a thing has never happened to me, but it is a fascinating subject.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:45 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
A big problem with this timeslip hypothesis is, our memories are labile ... which is to say, we rewrite them over time. They're not like storage on a computer hard drive. That's why eyewitness testimony is unreliable ... and why "recovered memories" and "past life regression" are unconvincing. Our biases and expectations color the event, and the event tends to change a bit each time we retell it. I've heard that law school profs will sometimes have someone come into a class at the beginning of the class to ask for directions, and then ask the class later to write down what the person was carrying. This is to demonstrate the unreliability of eyewitnesses.

You can often see this when you talk with old friends or family members about things that happened a long while ago ... there will be details that differ in the retelling. This has nothing to do with "craziness" or the quality of our brain circuits, it's just the way human memory works (or doesn't work). See:

Visual Expert Human Factors: Eyewitness Memory Is Unreliable

Old 08-13-2013, 03:34 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
We may find that some people like your husband can tap into other timelines and see what is down the line for their own timeline.
History records many soothsayers and seers and I am sure this happens

However, this discussion is more about these deaths being reported in the media and then us confirming it in other ways at the time, then after years passed, suddenly finding out that these folk - who we absolutely believed were dead have mysteriously still been alive all this time.
Sort of like the time I heard a news story about a horrible double murder that occurred in a city near me. I KNOW I heard the story, I told hubby about it.

Nothing on the internet, nothing at their website.

A year or so later, it happened.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:33 PM

I have a feeling it may work like this. Just my theory anyway.

If everyone lives in a holographically projected time bubble then each person projects his/her reality onto the inside of this screen and lives their life with this reality. As you progress spiritually, your vibration/energy increases and the timeline you are moving along changes to a 'better' one. One where things are better in your reality world. The content of your individual movie is a more pleasing one and has a happier ending.

Obviously, you interact with other players(friends/family members/etc) in this movie of life and so their bubbles intersect with yours bringing a small amount of their timelines in touch with yours. More people with lower vibration/energy who interact with your bubble will bring your own vibration down to more like their vibration or timeline. Similarly, more people of a higher vibration will increase your vibration and alter your timeline to a 'better' one. It is often said that being in the company of a master/saint/enlightened one will positively influence the events happening around you too.

Occasionally, due to cosmic alignments or timings etc, maybe the Earth itself gets a cosmic energy boost and so everyone gets a boost to their timelines, like a record or movie jumping to a different part of the track, events change and yet memories stored within you own timeline bubble are unchanged but the way forward is now on a different path of time/vibration. This does not change the past, but changes the events happening or projected onto the inside of your reality bubble in the future. If someone on the new timeline has survived an illness or accident, then they will not be experienced as 'dead' in this new timeline you are now moving along, yet you will still remember your 'old' memories because they are within your local bubble.

This would explain how you can experience a death of someone else and then suddenly find out they are still alive. It is very rare that this being dead and then hearing they are alive happens to someone close to us (maybe because we tend to move in groups with similar vibration/energy/timelines) but usually happens to someone who is unrelated and a far-away-interest-group member such as a celeb or public figure.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
A big problem with this timeslip hypothesis is, our memories are labile ... which is to say, we rewrite them over time. They're not like storage on a computer hard drive. That's why eyewitness testimony is unreliable ... and why "recovered memories" and "past life regression" are unconvincing. Our biases and expectations color the event, and the event tends to change a bit each time we retell it. I've heard that law school profs will sometimes have someone come into a class at the beginning of the class to ask for directions, and then ask the class later to write down what the person was carrying. This is to demonstrate the unreliability of eyewitnesses.
It is only a big problem if you can not accept that there is more to the brain than just a physical 3D organ. If there is an interaction between the brain and the mind which has a connection into the universal consciousness, then this could be easily explained.

Yes, memories may be alterable and fluid, but time could be too, which may account for the different rememberance of events. Our mind is telling us we are on track 3C now whereas when the event happened we may have been on track 3A.

Of course my interpretation is only a feeling how this works and has no basis in science or any other current discipline. However, there have been experiments which suggest there may be a collective mind and there is quite a large body of circumstancial evidence to support something like this exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal