U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 07:59 PM

163 posts, read 447,707 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if you are able to get vibes from people on the internet. I've met people in forums who claim to be psychic and I'm wondering how many of these people are for real. Can you really pick up that much via words on a screen?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,746,645 times
There are different schools of thought on if it can or can't be done, as well as different abilities and limitations in individuals.
It seems that I am quite the remote viewer, but it's random and I have not mastered being able to call upon it. Meaning, it works best on a whim.
Remote viewing is something that has been around a whole lot longer than the Internet.

The same goes for other abilities such as those of clairsentients.

About 8 years ago when I first started doing tarot readings over the Internet, everything was done through emails. I got one request to read about 'life in general and about my mother in law'. I read the email, centered and grounded myself and started to shuffle the cards. While shuffling the cards I smelled the distinct odor of 'sweet smoke' like someone smoking a pipe but not exactly. Beings that I was on a mountain with no one around, there was no chance of drift from a passer by.
I know to not dismiss anything 'odd' that occurs and to mention it to the person I am reading for. I emailed her the reading and explained the smell I had while shuffling.
We were both shocked once we had the full picture.
She replied to me and told me that she wrote the email, but did not send, went to smoke before sending it, just to be sure that's what she wanted to ask. She was not allowed to be smoking so had sprayed scented air freshener, then hit 'send'.

I don't claim to be 'a psychic', but I do believe we all have abilities, some are more developed than others.
By that logic, everyone online who claims to be psychic is, but the real question is, to what degree? How good are they really?

So yes- I would say that some can pick up on things 'through the Internet' but it is not the Internet really. It's the 'we are all connected' thing, the collective conciousness, the anima mundi.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:50 AM

30 posts, read 41,198 times
I think there are three kinds of professional psychics:

"real ones" they're accurate but not 100% cause no one is perfect, they get what they get and don't pretend more than that (and if you've never encountered a real one, I don't blame you a bit for not believing they exist).

"fakes" that's the arm chair psychologist that let you tell them what's going on, they feed it back to you with some new age/common sense/bull****/whatever they were taught by someone, and

"criminals" Now those are the ones you want to watch out for... they will drain your bank account so fast it will amaze you. It starts out beautiful, they paint the most beautiful picture of your future you could ever imagine and once they've got you real comfortable in it, they pull a card, OH NO!! You have an enemy!! They're going to take it all! The man, the house, the job, the cars, the boats, fame, fortune and even that cute little new puppy!! Oh no, not even the puppy!!! YES. Even the puppy who will be tortured apparently UNLESS you give them a mere $800 and they will do a magical whop de do something or other and magically the puppy and everything else gets saved.... and if you cough up that $800.... they're gonna funnel away tens or hundreds of thousands in a matter of a few short months.

If you call a psychic, don't tell them your story up front. Don't lie to them, but just ask a short question like tell me about Bill and I? or something like that.... the less you tell up front, the more likely you are to get an accurate reading from a real psychic, the more you tell them up front, the more likely you are to help a fake sound real. Always take notes and only call back the ones that are hitting it right.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM

7,376 posts, read 14,246,545 times
I knew this question was coming.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:42 AM

4,546 posts, read 4,035,835 times
Quote:
I'm wondering if you are able to get vibes from people on the internet. I've met people in forums who claim to be psychic and I'm wondering how many of these people are for real. Can you really pick up that much via words on a screen?
What is different about anyone being on the internet or not? We are all in this sea of energy, doing different things at different times. It probably does not matter whether we are cooking in the kitchen or on the internet.

The way I look at it is our mind is a receiver of energy. There are some good receivers which can pick up signals from the other side of the globe, and some receivers which can only pick up local stations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal