Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think is more possible God or UFO's?
God 43 48.31%
UFO's 46 51.69%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 06:52 PM

222 posts, read 549,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
People who believe they are 100% sure there is a god are generally deluded and illogical, if they could prove such a thing, they'd be on every news show on the planet. You can't really prove extraterrestrials have visited Earth either but I'd say it is almost certain that some civilization somewhere at some point in time mastered space travel enough to visit another planet considering the vastness of the universe. God is a vague term, there could be entities so powerful we cannot understand them but it sure isn't a vengeful being who created the Earth 4000 years ago and has the same intelligence and respect for women and homosexuals as Pat Robertson
I agree entirely. As far as God is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a being like "Q" on Star Trek existed. Q could pretty much do all the things that our concept of God could do. But Q wasn't God. He was just a really, really evolved life form. So it's possible that there are life forms out there that would seem like gods to us, but wouldn't really be God, in the sense that they didn't create the universe and all reality.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,195,269 times
I dont know why so many people have issue with the concept of a UFO.

There are BILLIONS of planets out there, why is it so far fetched to believe that one of those planets, contains life that has evolved to develop technology far superior to anything we have developed?

I cant fathom how people would have a harder problem grappling with that, then believing there is an omnipotent spook in the sky.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,195,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
We discover new things every day so why not ? Though why any "alien" in their right mind would want to come to our planet is beyond me. If they are that evolved than they can travel through space why waste their time with simpletons like us...
Why do we spend all kinds of money preserving insects and all manner of species that are developed on much lower levels then us? Would anything really be upset if we let the Bengal Tiger die out?

It would probably be the same context. Maybe we fascinate or entertain them.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
People who believe they are 100% sure there is a god are generally deluded and illogical, if they could prove such a thing, they'd be on every news show on the planet. You can't really prove extraterrestrials have visited Earth either but I'd say it is almost certain that some civilization somewhere at some point in time mastered space travel enough to visit another planet considering the vastness of the universe. God is a vague term, there could be entities so powerful we cannot understand them but it sure isn't a vengeful being who created the Earth 4000 years ago and has the same intelligence and respect for women and homosexuals as Pat Robertson
Great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Wow! Sad poll results! Shows why the world is in decline.
I know my vote and post indicate my belief in God weak, I do believe, but at times it doesn't resonate as an absolute.

Whose to say the belief in God and religion handed down isn't the belief in paranormal experiences ions ago?

Strong believers in UFOs and strong believers in God aren't much different.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
I believe in both. I find it interesting though that some people believe in ufos, higher level of beings,aliens,etc. but scoff at the idea of there being an ultimate power, energy, or supreme consciousness or being. So they believe in extremely high intelligent life forms, but not a life form too supreme..lol.
I get the not believing in modern day religion`s idea of God. But I find it hard to believe there isn`t a supreme consciousness, energy, or life force.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:01 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Yes, you won't find many if any believers in Almighty God in this forum. Which is why I have no business in here. UFO's are fun to think about, but I have pretty near zero belief in life elsewhere. Many believe with the vastness of the universe there must be more life out there. Why?
Quote:

Strong believers in UFOs and strong believers in God aren't much different.
Oh I beg to differ!! That couldn't be a wilder statement. Whether you believe it or not the documentation of one (not to mention worldwide following) over the other is astronomical. One is Folly the other is celebrated worldwide. Nope, I'd say you either believe in God or you don't.

Many have fallen prey to the TV evangelists which, if not all, most are absolute con-men. If you've looked to them for hope or spiritual guidance you've made a grandiose mistake. This of course is just my opinion ...but, I'm strong in mine. I am quite comfortable with my faith ...how are you? I think you either have faith in the creator or you're prone to dabbling in the dark side of life!

P.S I've seen no "Great posts" on this page! Unless it was mine!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:45 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Yes, you won't find many if any believers in Almighty God in this forum. Which is why I have no business in here. UFO's are fun to think about, but I have pretty near zero belief in life elsewhere. Many believe with the vastness of the universe there must be more life out there. Why?

Oh I beg to differ!! That couldn't be a wilder statement. Whether you believe it or not the documentation of one (not to mention worldwide following) over the other is astronomical. One is Folly the other is celebrated worldwide. Nope, I'd say you either believe in God or you don't.

Many have fallen prey to the TV evangelists which, if not all, most are absolute con-men. If you've looked to them for hope or spiritual guidance you've made a grandiose mistake. This of course is just my opinion ...but, I'm strong in mine. I am quite comfortable with my faith ...how are you? I think you either have faith in the creator or you're prone to dabbling in the dark side of life!

I don't know what you consider the dark side. If it be tarot, astrology, numerology and messing around with a Ouiji board as a teen, then I guess some would say, I've dabbled in the dark side. Though I don't feel that true.

Parting water and many other biblical beliefs, I interpret as paranormal events.

There are a number of posters here who have a strong faith in God as well as paranormal beliefs.

Your thoughts are well stated and welcomed.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I saw a UFO with a friend when we were 12 or 13. We were sleeping in a tent at her house when this strange humming noise was over us. We looked out of the tent and there was a UFO hoovering above her house. It was round with red and white lights circling it. We stood there watching it for a short while before it shot off and disappeared in a matter of seconds. It scared the crap out of us. I personally think they are military. Perhaps something experimental and top secret. Do I believe there are other life forms in the universe? Yes. Do I believe that they visit us? No. Given the vastness and distance of solar systems I find it difficult to believe anything could find us. (Find one spec of dust on a table and that's us in the universe.) I have to say that I'm more agnostic about believing in God. I certainly don't have all the answers. With such diversity in religious beliefs I find it inconceivable that one being could have been responsible. I tend to lean toward the belief that religion was invented to control the masses, hence the different religions based on ethnicity. If there was one God then wouldn't there be one religion? I have so many questions, and yet I've had so many strange things happen to me that defy explanation. I guess I will keep an open mind.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Yes, you won't find many if any believers in Almighty God in this forum. Which is why I have no business in here.

My people have believed in a Great Spirit long before any white man came to this continent with judaeo-christianity beliefs. And I don't dabble in the "dark side".

I have no business in the christian forum because I don't like other people telling me "it's my way or the highway to hell!" Besides, it gets old watching people toss scriptures over the fence at each other.

I believe no one knows what happens after death, and if a person was born in another time or another country, their belief system would be just as firm as yours is in the Almighty.

P.S. Okay, mine was not a great post either!

Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Thanks! Now I feel sullied and unusual. I'm outta here! Carry on!

P.S Mine wasn't great either but it's my last ...I hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal