U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 AM

5,128 posts, read 6,448,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Interesting how it seems like it's always anecdotally a friend, a relative, or a patient. Never the person themselves.

Sorta like ghosts and urban legends...
Do you mean you are disappointed that no one on this board is relating their own experience?

The one I posted was from a customer of mine who told me of her experience directly. She died fairly recently (for good this time), or else she could have typed it herself.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 01:24 PM

13,969 posts, read 13,019,190 times
Another good website that not only has stories but a lot of educational material about NDE's is near-death.com

One page which explains the different realms people have passed through is here

Realms - near-death experiences

Basically there is earth, then being earthbound when your spirit exits your body, then passing through the tunnel into the Void (blackness talked about above) or bypassing the Void if your spiritual development is of a high-enough degree right into one of the innumerable levels (dimensions) of heaven.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:36 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,204,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
NDEs can be induced by being subjected to high g-forces in a centrifuge. Also, the experiences sound strikingly similar to what those on a DMT trip experience, which apparently occurs in the brain naturally iirc. So I don't doubt that people do experience NDE's, but I don't for one second think that they are experiencing anything other than the natural effects of oxygen deprivation and/or chemical reactions occurring in the dying brain.
How does that it explain the doctors who've reported patients who had no brain activity at all recalling things that were said?
I haven't looked back over this thread but I believe some of those studies were mentioned here before.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM

19,472 posts, read 15,024,725 times
Funny to just find this thread after finishing Proof of Heaven by
Dr. Eben Alexander.
I am an NDE nut probably have read all of them.

Those interested shouldn't miss looking up 'Life in the Unseen World,',
Anthony Borgia.
Tells a lot way past the doorway or front porch look that NDEs are.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 PM

10,169 posts, read 18,727,433 times
Yes I"m pretty fascinated by these though I've never had one myself. Despite that I sometimes long to go "home." No not suicidal but I know it will be wonderful and that we're just here to learn something and I can wait. In fact, I have this theory that if we commit suicide we'll just have to come back and repeat it all so may as well get it over with now. And no I'm not depressed either.

But I know, or knew, several people who've had these and 2 had the full experience and one had nothing. The two who had the experience were people I would consider "old souls" and the one who blanked was def a new soul. My one friend was in her 20's and she said the closest way she could describe what she saw was a giant mandala and all the points of light on it were souls and she understood that when the mandala was complete the cycle would end. I hope I got that right. My other friend described going thru the tunnel but couldn't get her to say much more about it. All she said is that it was so beautiful that she was no longer afraid to die.

The main reason I do believe in it is because children have had them and children seldom have preconceptions about what heaven should look like and the one I read the child met grandma and was able to describe her perfectly. She also met a brother who had died at birth though her mom never told her about him b/c she was too young. Also, as others have said, people see and hear things that they should not know about so if you have a family member coding, be careful what you say! And think.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:36 PM

2,828 posts, read 3,894,726 times
People generally describe meeting or seeing immediate family that they knew ( like grandparents, parents, siblings, etc.). Has anyone ever seen a great great granma or grampa or some other relative that is a few generations removed?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 PM

13,969 posts, read 13,019,190 times
What I'm really fascinated about is that the descriptions of heaven are nothing like what we've been taught in Sunday school. In church we were taught we'll be sitting on a cloud playing a harp and singing Kumbaya all day and night. Didn't exactly sound like how I pictured spending eternity (that's a looooooooong time, man )

But Emanuel Swedenborg, who recorded volumes of interactions with spirits in the afterlife, writes of communities with groups of like-minded people, marriage (to your "perfect" partner whether it's one on earth or one God will match you with ) a beautiful mansion on the ocean or lake of your dreams, a job you love boundless energy -- I mean everything you missed out on in this life.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:34 PM

23,817 posts, read 21,298,109 times
There is an interesting new article on the brain, it seems that when brain activity goes below a flat line, there is unexpected activity again:

New Brain Activity State Exists In 'Flat Line' Coma Patients, Scans Suggest

Old 09-20-2013, 01:48 AM

5,128 posts, read 6,448,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Funny to just find this thread after finishing Proof of Heaven by
Dr. Eben Alexander.

I am an NDE nut probably have read all of them.
Ah, that Dr. Alexander. There are two threads here about him and his book - I created one of the threads with a link to a writer who debunked him.

Of all the things to lie about, lying about an NDE is despicable. Dr. Alexander got into a lot of trouble as a doctor. He seems to have been looking to reinvent himself with this book.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 PM

10,169 posts, read 18,727,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
People generally describe meeting or seeing immediate family that they knew ( like grandparents, parents, siblings, etc.). Has anyone ever seen a great great granma or grampa or some other relative that is a few generations removed?
Never having had one myself, my guess is yes but they didn't recognize them as such. They may have recognized them from heaven before they were born but not as earthly relations. What makes it interesting when children meet family members is that when they talk to their parents later and can describe the G-ma they never met, exactly, then that's pretty convincing in my book. Also, keep in mind that they usually recognize these people, though they never knew them in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal