U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 12:56 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,203,272 times

Advertisements

I'd like your opinion on this or a story of any similar experience.

This happened back in 2002, and before I tell what little story there is I can say nothing ever came of this other than a vivid memory that has stayed with me for about 11 years.

One morning I was still asleep and as I rolled over onto my back, as I was waking up, I saw a girl with brown hair standing above me looking very angry with her fist clenched. She was wearing a blue dress. I woke up fully and she was gone, she was only there for a moment. And I wrote it off as a very weird dream.

BUT later that day I was hanging out with my best friend and he told me that he had scared himself with what he called a "dream/vision" where in the middle of the night he looked over at his clock and there was a girl with brown hair pointing at him. Then she was gone, but it creeped him out. I asked if she was wearing a blue dress and he said he did not remember. I told him about my "dream/vision" and of course he did not believe me until I swore to God that it had happened.

We both expected something to come of it, but nothing ever did.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 04:14 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,294,746 times
I am certain (from my own experiences) that if you recall something "dreamlike" very clearly for years afterward and also continue to think about it, that's not a dream -- it's a visitation of some sort.

I feel like the thing you were looking for to happen has perhaps already occurred, but you didn't recognize it. Maybe ask yourself these questions:
How old were you and your friend, and were you related, or just friends?
Have you lost contact with this friend?
What did an "angry little girl" represent to you at the time?

Because it was a shared experience, had you been somewhere together before this happened, anywhere that you can remember, where you might have stirred up some kind of spirit activity even without realizing it? Try to remember all the things you did, where you went, and not necessarily "old houses" or the typical things you'd look for. It feels like you stepped into and "upset" a spirit realm of sorts., and this little girl was telling you not to do it again.

Whatever you did or wherever you went, it probably was so normal to you that it didn't trigger any thoughts of "trespassing on the spirits." Just try to think of everything that you did together just before that happened -- no more than a week or so before she appeared. You could have just run across someone's yard, knocked over something, and kept going, not thinking anything about it. It feels like something almost benign (to you, at least). But not to her. And it sounds like you never did whatever you did again, because she stayed away.

The only other thing I can think of is that, depending on your age, you were bugging or irritating someone in her age group that you both knew, and (depending on her age) she was telling you to knock it off. Hope that helps. The more questions you ask yourself, the better.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:31 PM

I hadn't even thought of anything like that.
I wish I had because at this point it's been so long that I can't remember anything we would have done, ordinary or out of the ordinary. The one thing I can think of based on what you said about bugging or irritating someone in the her age group that we both knew and she was telling us to knock it off is this: I remember thinking of my step-niece at the time. She called my friend her uncle as well. This girl that I saw did not look like her, but some of the features were the same in fact she had brown hair and was probably about the same age. I remember that because when it first happened we kept wondering if she was okay, and I think we even called to check on her and she was fine.
Or so we thought.
Now, I didn't put this in my initial post because again I was thinking in terms of a spirit, and my niece (even though there's been a divorce and we were never biologically related, we still keep in contact and I think of her as my niece) is still alive, so I thought it would be insignificant. But again, going back to the idea of the warning, we found out a few years later that a biological relative was molesting her.
I'll be honest, I used to regret not knowing about the abuse when it was happening and wished that I could have done something about it, but truly I had no idea. Now I'm starting to feel bad about it again because what if this was a case of someone from the spirit world was angry about what was happening to my niece and was trying to reach out to us to have us help her?

Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,781,861 times
That's an interesting twist. However, I do not feel that the two were related because you say that if you had known you would have done something about it. Even if you had an inkling it was happening, you would have pushed it to find out more. So this is not about her.

It does sound like the two of you had encountered something in waking life together and then took it to your dream-state. Often things from the day(s) before show up in dreams.

If we want to go beyond this, one could say it was some spirit that had found you two, and possibly others and was trying to make some sort of communication with, as to pass on a message or find resolution. The two of you 'failed' the test and the spirit moved on.

OR
just a complete coincidence...no way to tell if the brown haired girls even looked the same other than their hair. Brown is fairly common.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:41 AM

2,321 posts, read 2,294,746 times
Quote:
we found out a few years later that a biological relative was molesting her.
I'll be honest, I used to regret not knowing about the abuse when it was happening and wished that I could have done something about it, but truly I had no idea. Now I'm starting to feel bad about it again because what if this was a case of someone from the spirit world was angry about what was happening to my niece and was trying to reach out to us to have us help her?

Please don't feel that way; you said yourself you had no idea at the time, so how could you possibly have linked that to what you didn't even know about? Nothing's your fault at all. And though I'm very sorry that happened to your cousin, I just have a strong inkling that it's about something else entirely, which you and your friend simply didn't think of as anything at all. I wish so often that spirit would be more direct, but I'm sure they do the best they can to even get through!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Please don't feel that way; you said yourself you had no idea at the time, so how could you possibly have linked that to what you didn't even know about? Nothing's your fault at all. And though I'm very sorry that happened to your cousin, I just have a strong inkling that it's about something else entirely, which you and your friend simply didn't think of as anything at all. I wish so often that spirit would be more direct, but I'm sure they do the best they can to even get through!
Yeah, I do have guilt about not being able to help her, because while we were ALL blindsided, none of us saw it coming, I really wish I had.

Hindsight being 20/20 I also wish I'd known of a higher spiritual plane back then. My understanding, or acceptance, or curiosity back then was pretty simple, God, Ghosts & Demons and ghosts only contacted those who they knew in life. If I'd even have thought about the possibility that, as you said in your previous post, that we could have done something to upset this spirit I would have tried to think of what we might have done at the time. Sadly, I'm a guy who barely can remember what he had for breakfast let alone some random thing that might have happened over a decade ago. I

Old 08-30-2013, 12:03 AM

2,358 posts, read 1,517,379 times
Tobiashen is right. You could somehow offend some spirit and didn't realize that.
But I will tell you one similar story from which you can get an example of what could happened.
A woman had a bad nights. It looked like someone woke her up in the middle of the night. It started a couple of weeks ago without a good reason and it happened almost every night since then. And everyrtime she felt like someone is in her bedroom but nobody was there. She was realy tired out of it and she called to her old aunt for a help as her aunt was a psychic. When the woman's aunt came to her house she immediately went to her bedroom and has noticed a beautiful jewellery casket on the dresser. Aunt asked her niece : where did you get this? The woman answered that she bought it by chance for cheap at a garage sale just 2 weeks ago. Then aunt said that this casket was belonged to a lady who has died a few months ago. She liked this casket very much and she kept all her stuff in it for years. Spirit of the lady is very angry that this casket was sold and left its home. The woman' aunt advised her to return it back to the casket relative as soon as possible. She did it. And all her nightmares are stopped on the very next night.

Last edited by musiqum; 08-30-2013 at 12:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal