Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many of the scientists who are working on this have seen some demonstration of telepathy - I mean the sort not relying on outside machinery?

First Human Brain-To-Brain Interface Lets Scientist Control Colleague's Body (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 01:17 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,821,487 times
Creepy. I wonder if it goes the other way. Can the sender "feel" what the receiver does, or only send the signal? Very creepy either way.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Creepy. I wonder if it goes the other way. Can the sender "feel" what the receiver does, or only send the signal? Very creepy either way.
Years back there was a book written about such experiments done by the Soviets. There was a woman who gave a frog a heart attack, if I remember correctly.

I believe that there is an ability that some have of reading another's mind. I also think most people who have this done do not detect the intrusion. Yes, it is creepy and it is also a violation of personal space. People who do this without permission are pretty low in my book. If they cannot help themselves and just pick up random vibrations then they should get training to channel this ability properly.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,741,584 times
The closest I ever came to something of this sort was my strange ability to seemingly read my ex-spouse's mind. It came to light when we played Trivial Pursuit. He would read a question and I didn't know the answer. Then he would turn the card over and as soon as he read the answer silently, I would somehow know the answer. After this happening MANY times, he learned not to read the answer until after I responded or said I didn't know. It didn't work when I played with other people. I'm good at Trivial Pursuit, but this was freaky, and the only non-esp explanation is that somehow I was picking up sub-conscious cues in his facial expression.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
The closest I ever came to something of this sort was my strange ability to seemingly read my ex-spouse's mind. It came to light when we played Trivial Pursuit. He would read a question and I didn't know the answer. Then he would turn the card over and as soon as he read the answer silently, I would somehow know the answer. After this happening MANY times, he learned not to read the answer until after I responded or said I didn't know. It didn't work when I played with other people. I'm good at Trivial Pursuit, but this was freaky, and the only non-esp explanation is that somehow I was picking up sub-conscious cues in his facial expression.
That is strange. It would appear that at some level you two were really meshing. I wonder if there was a strong emotional bond between the two of you at that time?

There is more to our beings than we are generally aware of. I am thinking about the chakras and frequencies and that at a certain level you both were attuned to each other. Maybe it takes that as well as a developed perception, which you had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal