U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 11:58 PM

14,545 posts, read 19,473,454 times

Advertisements

I lost a kitten today. Puddles was almost three months, but very small. He has had me concened for a little while, since he didn't seem to be growing, but in the last few days he stayed by himself and didn't seem to want to eat. He took some milk from an eyedropper but didn't try on his own. But I got him away from dogs and other cats. He just wanted to be with me.

Thing is about this time, I had this feeling come over me. It was as if a grey cloud was around me. It was sadness and distance and yet not being sad. But there was something else. I felt so tired, and like I wanted to sleep. It was as if this fog wrap was all around me.

It came on about when I notice my poor little one was too quiet. I was going to get some kitten milk for him today. But last night, he didn't try to stand up anymore and I knew it was much more than that. If it was still here today I planned a vet, but he beat me too it.

But when I was at the store today, I felt this feeling we were connected. He was lying, breathing when I left. When I got home, he had passed. But that feeling had gone from this sense of being on the edge to peace. I may have left the house, but didn't leave him.

The other animals knew. Maybe the same way.

Anyone else have this sort of thing happen with a pet?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 AM

14,321 posts, read 23,175,309 times
My Siamese rescue cat Sammy was sick one day -- and I told him that tomorrow we'd go to the vet. He peed on the carpet (never did that) it was electric orange, and I thought -- uh oh....

I went to look for him (we let our cats out) and shut the door, so he'd stay in.

And we never found him. My husband tried all sorts of rationalizations -- didn't feel well, wanted to be alone where the other cats wouldn't attack him....all with the thinking he'd be back but I knew. Just knew Sammy was gone.

But several years later, a little orange boy showed up at my door, tiny and sick.... and it took some time, but he decided he loved me...and I'm not so sure that it's not Sam who came back to me. We call this guy Solly Silverberg. He's a joy.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:35 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,955,557 times
It's happened a few times. The last time was only a few weeks ago.
Our big dog, he was very old and we knew his time had come and we knew it would be a matter of days. When I was at work on a Thursday, as I was packing shirts, a voice in my head said "T is gone" (T was one of the many names we called him). That was around 4pm. When I was off work and checked my phone, hubs had texted me at 4:20 to tell me he was gone. I had school after work and while waiting for the classroom to open up, I texted a friend about T. As I was texting a very large group of turkey voltures were circling over my head.

(((Group Hug)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal